Yulia Lipnitskaya | Page 447 | Golden Skate

Yulia Lipnitskaya

moviebuff

On the Ice
Oh okay, so it's not like she just rejected the program altogether and then Averbukh just gave a carbon copy to Medvedeva?

The program that Averbukh proposed to Yulia was to the soundtrack of The Perfect Sense. From my hazy memory (from either reading an interview from either Ilya or Eteri) the story of the program was about a girl opening herself up to the world or something along those lines, so not the same as the one currently skated by Zhenya. Not sure how much the program was fully choreographed, but Yulia did try to skate/practice it, but she "could not stand hearing the music", nor did she understand/relate to the story/character behind it. In short, she didn't feel like the program was for her so she passed on it.

Last edited:

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
The program that Averbukh proposed to Yulia was to the soundtrack of The Perfect Sense. From my hazy memory (from either reading an interview from either Ilya or Eteri) the story of the program was about a girl opening herself up to the world or something along those lines, so not the same as the one currently skated by Zhenya. Not sure how much the program was fully choreographed, but Yulia did try to skate/practice it, but she "could not stand hearing the music", nor did she understand/relate to the story/character behind it. In short, she didn't feel like the program was for her so she passed on it.

The Perfect Sense seems to be about people loosing their senses...like someone losing their hearing. Sounds like Zhenia's program. Maybe Ilya was wanted Yulia to do lots of sub par spread eagles all over the place and she wasn't feeling it. :laugh:

moviebuff

On the Ice
The Perfect Sense seems to be about people loosing their senses...like someone losing their hearing. Sounds like Zhenia's program. Maybe Ilya was wanted Yulia to do lots of sub par spread eagles all over the place and she wasn't feeling it. :laugh:

NO to subpar spread-eagles, and an even bigger NO to literal choreography. But that's just me...:p
(I wasn't a big fan of the 'drawing love-hearts on the ice' thing either...unless open to interpretation)

Last edited:

geiger

On the Ice
Does not seem as something serious. Her status still says "in love". The picture with lamps says "time to burn bridges and to replace the burnt out lamps", which is rather understandable now.
I actually kind of like this one: https://pp.vk.me/c543107/v543107922/ef36/8bLqRa-WJY8.jpg
:) It says "A typical introvert's evening".
And the one about "All my problems could be easily solved with a simple human billion bucks" :D