2015 Worlds Men Free Skate March 28 | Page 92 | Golden Skate

2015 Worlds Men Free Skate March 28

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Oh, thanks, Mrs P.

And from what I just looked up in an old GS thread, the World Standings count toward getting only one GP assignment.
http://www.goldenskate.com/forum/sh...3-2014-The-men&p=718533&viewfull=1#post718533

(As an aside, I hate to add that Max's position in the World Standings could change after the re-weighting of the seasonal placement points. But I would think that he still would be in the crucial top 24 for one assignment.)

But I am happy that the others are guaranteed two assignments.

I did a quick calculation of the Worlds Ranking reweighting (men only). Here are the top 24 plus Chan:

1 4067 HANYU Yuzuru
2 3411 FERNANDEZ Javier
3 3123 TEN Denis
4 3086 VORONOV Sergei
5 2971 KOVTUN Maxim
6 2727 MURA Takahito
6 2727 BROWN Jason
8 2615 YAN Han
9 2491 MACHIDA Tatsuki (retired)
10 2444 BREZINA Michal
11 2161 PETROV Alexander
12 2150 NGUYEN Nam
13 2114 GE Misha
14 2075 UNO Shomo
15 2052 DORNBUSH Richard
16 2012 MENSHOV Konstantin
17 1844 RIPPON Adam
18 1838 MURAKAMI Daisuke
19 1790 AARON Max
20 1743 BYCHENKO Alexei
21 1725 KOZUKA Takahiko
22 1669 LIEBERS Peter
23 1582 JIN Boyang
24 1557 PITKEEV Adian
25 1540 CHAN Patrick

It doesn't matter that Farris isn't in the top 24 since he gets two guaranteed GP assignments, having finished in the top 12 at Worlds.

Last edited:

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Whoa. USFSA really damaged Max badly not giving him any post-Nationals assignments.

sowcow

On the Ice
Well, he did move up 4 spots - but he usually does better in the FS anyway because he has no quad in the short

Oh .... that's what you meant when you were speaking about "crazy jumps"?!? :scratch:

Ouch, I didn't know that. I should have asked myself whether he was injured, though, because he's been very consistent this season and popping those jumps was so unlike him. Gosh. I feel terribly for him.

What about Han Yan, though? I actually did ask myself whether he was injured after his second fall. Injuries or cracking under pressure?

So the only skaters who didn't have any crazy jumps up and down the rankings were Javier, Denis, Yuzuru, Jason, and Misha Ge. Hm.

OOPS ... My mistake! :slink:

Because your question was in the context of "injuries", "popping jumps" "cracking under pressure", I though you were asking who else from the entire field of 24-skaters (i.e. "up and down the rankings") managed NOT to get injured in "crazy jumps" (e.g. wild falls, or quad-turned-double pops, or triple-turned-single types of 'crazy jumps').

While Nam would belong on such a list (using my interpretation); clearly he does NOT given the question you intended.

Cheers,
:eek::

kresslia

Medalist
omg, NBC did NOT just reduce their men's coverage to Javier's free skate. LOOL. Is this what you guys have to put up with? I normally just watch CBC.

rain

Record Breaker
I find that he has already been improving speed and his spins throughout the season. He was soooo slow at Skate America and CoC, but here his speed was decent, though not at the level of the top skaters. I think we can definitely expect a quad in the short next year, and I would also guess a second quad in the FS.

But this was actually his second senior Worlds. He was 12th last year ;)

I have noticed some improvement in speed. I thought he was slower in his SP than in the FS. Nerves, perhaps?

But yes, I especially noticed it in one of his footwork sequences, that he had improved since the beginning of the season. Still work to be done, though.

rollerblade

Record Breaker
omg, NBC did NOT just reduce their men's coverage to Javier's free skate. LOOL. Is this what you guys have to put up with? I normally just watch CBC.

We don't bother with NBC. :p We either watch live streams or various Youtube videos that get posted shortly after.

rain

Record Breaker
Not sure what's wrong with saying alarming.

^ Ain't Nam's fault if others can't keep up the consistency. He can, and that consistency allows him to place well at almost every competition he's entered this season (except 4CC).

Nothing wrong with saying "alarming". I just genuinely found the word choice amusing. No offence meant!

QMATTERS

Rinkside
We don't bother with NBC. :p We either watch live streams or various Youtube videos that get posted shortly after.

I watched many of the men on YouTube this morning. I knew CBC would not show that until Sunday. I had to see how Jason did in his first Worlds. I was not disappointed.

Interspectator

Record Breaker
We've had some great performances. I think I was cheering for over half the skaters while watching this with my family.
Special Kudos to: Kozuka, Jason, Misha, Vornov:cry:, Nam, Ten, Javi, YUZU, Amodio, Joshua :cry:, Haneee :cry:.
Why do I like watching the guys so much?
They are sooo messy, why doesn't it bother me?

I must be mad. :biggrin:

Meoima

Match Penalty
To be honest I'm the most heart broken by Mura and Kozuka and Han Yan.
I means... What happened to them? :cry:
The medalists are all happy to be honest, they actually had great skates compare to the rest.

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
We've had some great performances. I think I was cheering for over half the skaters while watching this with my family.
Special Kudos to: Kozuka, Jason, Misha, Vornov:cry:, Nam, Ten, Javi, YUZU, Amodio, Joshua :cry:, Haneee :cry:.
Why do I like watching the guys so much?
They are sooo messy, why doesn't it bother me?

1. It's like riding a rollercoaster...a heart-pumping adrenaline rush around every corner
2. We are masochists
3. Even when they screw up terribly, they're so endearing, you can't help but forgive them ;) (most of them anyway)

Take your pick :)

peg

Medalist
To be honest I'm the most heart broken by Mura and Kozuka and Han Yan.
I means... What happened to them? :cry:
The medalists are all happy to be honest, they actually had great skates compare to the rest.

I think that probably the two guys wit the best skates were Nam and Misha. They both skated to their fullest potential, even though they don't yet have the goods to challenge for medals

Meoima

Match Penalty
I think that probably the two guys wit the best skates were Nam and Misha. They both skated to their fullest potential, even though they don't yet have the goods to challenge for medals
The medalists actually get medal. They came their for gold, just image if they're off the podium, that would be nightmare for them.
Nam and Misha did not skate for medal. They knew they had little chance in the first place. however, many of the men who faltered skated for medal. That's so terrible to watch.