2015-2016 Russian Nationals Ladies FS | Page 47 | Golden Skate

2015-2016 Russian Nationals Ladies FS

hippomoomin

Record Breaker
Had to use google translate to translate the final standing, and Elena Radionova is translated into "Elena Radio News":big grin:

I am so glad Anna, because she is so gorgeous to watch when she is on. I somehow had that feeling she is going to make the World team for a 3rd year, since she has that Karma of being not the favorite but somehow in one way or the other go to Worlds.

Last edited:

apgold

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Anna was a big surprise for me - I didn't have her in my top 6 predictions (otherwise I think I got every placement correct for once!). When she is on - she is great. Nice to see her hug her coach and there was a lot of emotion between the two.

Can anyone beat Medvedeva? This is certainly her year. Not a fan of her 'tanos but she is a great competitor and interprets her music beautifully.

Sorry to see Yulia fall in the rankings but I think this is a rebuilding year for her. Her SP was great and she just needs to get her combos and timing back.

As for Liza - I feel bad for her. Perhaps she should've taken time off last season? She just looks tired and not engaged.

GoonerSkateRUS

Spectator
Sorry for going off-topic, but for me, Yuna Kim is the Queen. I only believe in her. Never finishing off the podium her whole career.

As for Evgenia, we'll see if she can become Queen after a couple of seasons.

100% spot on! Yuna Kim is the one and only Queen! That being said, I do very much like Zhenya and hope she's around (and at the top of the game) for many more years to come.

IlVoloFan

Final Flight
Country
Turkey
Yuna Kim is best skater ever ... I was her big fan before her retirement ... Only queen ... Elena's idol is Yuna Kim so I love Elena ... I'm fan of her hope she will win medal in Euros and Worlds

Jammers

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
every national does, but I doubt Gracie or Ashley can pull up those huge of a marks even by inflated standards

Russia always leads when it comes to inflated scores. No wonder when a skater gets assigned COR they know the score about where they stand with the US Federation. And lets not even mention Sochi.

Ekm

On the Ice
No matter what, i still would send Yulia to Euros. She is way more consistent than Pogorilaya (Yulia is at least on the same level all the time) and has a reputation bonus. Pogo is today top and tomorrow flop and that´s all she has. :shrug:

Seriously, Julia has been a disaster this year, she's had maybe 3 decent skates, I'd advocate for Liza over her as Liza's scoring potential is much higher (though I think the top 3 from this competition should be the representatives).

whatif

Medalist
TaT already started the weight discussions. It was interesting to hear her spilling so much delicious tea on behind the scene stuff:) She went after Antipova, then tore a new one to the whole "incompetent" dance judging panel, called out the weight issues of Sofia, Liza, and few others, sending all of them to "sushka" :)

shmay

On the Ice
From where I'm standing, this is really not at all complicated for the Fed. Send:

Medvedeva, Radionova and Pogo to Euros. If Pogo has one of her usual meltdowns, send Sotskova to Worlds in her place.
Tsurskaya to YOG, +Sotskova and Fedichkina to Junior Worlds.
Lip back to Sochi to rework her jump technique, Tuk to a spa, and Sotnikova to do more reality TV.
Leonova and Artemieva to be exported to Azerbaijan or one of the 'stans, if they want to keep skating

Last edited:

Shayuki

Record Breaker
:laugh: Anna is the most beautiful perfect Hollywood blonde to ever take the ice. Particularly more than any current US skaters.
Well, I realize what you're trying to do but might I point out Kiira Korpi's existence...

Aand yeah I'd definitely send Radionova, Medvedeva and Pogorilaya, and the next choice would definitely be Sotskova who's been extremely consistent and is still potentially a very good skater who can compete internationally.

Last edited:

sneakers

Match Penalty
From where I'm standing, this is really not at all complicated for the Fed. Send:

Medvedeva, Radionova and Pogo to Euros. If Pogo has one of her usual meltdowns, send Sotskova to Worlds in her place.
Lip back to Sochi to rework her jump technique, Tuk to a spa, and Sotnikova to do more reality TV.
Leonova and Artemieva to be exported to Azerbaijan or one of the 'stans, if they want to keep skating

Sotskova is not a full time senior, which I doubt they will send her
she will probably go to Youth Olympics and junior worlds

About Leonova, Artemieva, now there's an idea :think:

Meoima

Match Penalty
:laugh: Anna is the most beautiful perfect Hollywood blonde to ever take the ice. Particularly more than any current US skaters.
Anna will be sent to Boston and her performance will catch some Hollywood director's eyes and they will ask her for a major role in their movies about figure skating. And Gracie can play some minor role in it. :dev2:

yuzuandyulls

Rinkside
I don't think that sending Sotskova to Worlds (instead of Pogo if she bombs at Euros) is a great idea because she is still on the junior level, and her first senior international experience shouldn't be this huge competition like Worlds.

jenaj

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
every national does, but I doubt Gracie or Ashley can pull up those huge of a marks even by inflated standards

The US inflation will be nowhere near what we saw in Russia for the top ladies. I love Evgenia, but 155 for her long program? Really? And Anna Pogo with72 PCS? I'm sorry, she just skates from jump to jump. I would give her 60, at most.

jenaj

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Anna will be sent to Boston and her performance will catch some Hollywood director's eyes and they will ask her for a major role in their movies about figure skating. And Gracie can play some minor role in it. :dev2:

Or Russia will send her there, hoping that will happen so they can "thin the herd." (;

Last edited:

Lipea

Final Flight

Haha, I actually thought quite the same way. Except if they decide to send Sotskova to Worlds then they can send Sakhanovich to Junior Worlds again (who exactly was pretty good today), which should be clear after Euros. Lip needs to train hard and more smaller competitions both in Russia and internationally to regain confidence and rankings (is there any challenger series left?)? Tuk needs to rest rest and rest. And then think about new programs (new SP and maybe leave this season LP).
Honestly I don't see the point in Adelina, Alena and Maria Artemieva competing at this point.