2015-2016 Russian Nationals Ladies FS | Page 48 | Golden Skate

2015-2016 Russian Nationals Ladies FS

Lipea

Final Flight
I don't think that sending Sotskova to Worlds (instead of Pogo if she bombs at Euros) is a great idea because she is still on the junior level, and her first senior international experience shouldn't be this huge competition like Worlds.
Sotskova has great programs and very stable with season. If Pogo bombs on Euros I don't why not to send Maria on Worlds.

randomfan

Record Breaker
I have to say, this competition was pretty interesting.

1. Evgenia: What is there to say? Once again, Evgenia slays the competition with two monstrously high scores. Congrats for being the national champion!...but was the enormous gap really that necessary? She was incredible, but she definitely wasn't nearly 10 points better than Elena or 12 points better than Anna in the free. And it's even worse for the total: 12 points better than Elena and 20 points better Anna. Seriously? This gap is supposed to mean that she outclassed the rest of the field, but no way did that happen. These judges are way too biased. Why can't the scores all be closer? Even though Evgenia skated last, there were many skaters who skated their hearts out before her, so what's with the insane gap?
2. Elena: She's a great example of a fighter. Elena grew so much from last season, and even now, she seems to be struggling a bit with landing her jumps nicely. But she is still getting the job done and landing everything. By now, it almost seems as if the 3T is not even supposed to be on the first 3Lz, which is showing that she has the guts to risk saving the 3T for later, and it works fine. I'm so excited for her next year!
3. Anna: YES!:yes2::hap36::hap57::hap10: ANNA WAS AMAZING! She was gorgeous today. I always had a problem with Anna's music choices, but this Scheherazade FS is really growing on me. This was the best skate of this entire competition for me. I'm so happy for her.
4. Polina: This is her first junior season, right? In that case, the word "impressive" isn't enough to say how good she was at this senior competition. Placing 4th here is an excellent accomplishment for her. Good job! And by the way, both 3Lz-3Ts in the FS were spectacular.
5. Maria: She was lovely as well. I really enjoyed watching her here. I do think she should've had higher PCS than Polina, but her scores were still great to see.
6. Adelina: I do feel bad for her. Those mistakes in the FS were very costly. Her scores were still very inflated, but what's important right now is that she takes a good break.
7. Yulia: In all honesty, I'd really have her place higher here. Or at least higher than Adelina. Anyways, even with all those mistakes, she looked much better than at Finlandia or SA. I guess the coaching change was a good idea after all. I really wanted to see her go to at least Euros, but I'm not sure if that's a valid option for the federation now. I really hope this isn't the last time we see her this season.
8. Elizaveta: Seems like she just needs to start landing the 3A now, since the rotation is fine. 8th is definitely not a good placement for her, but I have the feeling that she is going to bounce back soon.
9. Alena: Oh Alena...I'm devastated that she again did not have a good showing at nationals. There's no chance that she'll be going to Euros, so that's pretty saddening.
10. Serafima: I don't know what she will do next. It's a bit shocking that she is struggling a lot this season. I wish all the best for her.

My predictions are a big mess now. I only managed to get Evgenia and Elena right, which practically everyone else got right as well. :bang:

Last edited:

Sophie-Anna

Medalist
From where I'm standing, this is really not at all complicated for the Fed. Send:

Medvedeva, Radionova and Pogo to Euros. If Pogo has one of her usual meltdowns, send Sotskova to Worlds in her place.
Tsurskaya to YOG, +Sotskova and Fedichkina to Junior Worlds.
Lip back to Sochi to rework her jump technique, Tuk to a spa, and Sotnikova to do more reality TV.
Leonova and Artemieva to be exported to Azerbaijan or one of the 'stans, if they want to keep skating

This is cruel (especially the Leonova and Artemieva part), but it is true, because Russian figure skating IS cruel.
The top 3 should be nominated to Euros and Worlds, they skated 2 clean programs at Nationals so no problem here. I'm still little sad for Yulia, but she trains under Urmanov just for a month so I believe she can improve and get back next season.

silverlake22

Record Breaker
From where I'm standing, this is really not at all complicated for the Fed. Send:

Medvedeva, Radionova and Pogo to Euros. If Pogo has one of her usual meltdowns, send Sotskova to Worlds in her place.
Tsurskaya to YOG, +Sotskova and Fedichkina to Junior Worlds.
Lip back to Sochi to rework her jump technique, Tuk to a spa, and Sotnikova to do more reality TV.
Leonova and Artemieva to be exported to Azerbaijan or one of the 'stans, if they want to keep skating

I'm hoping this bronze at Nationals is a confidence boost for Anna. She clearly can do the jumps, so I think some her struggles these past couple seasons have been mostly mental. I'm rooting for her to do well at Europeans. She should be confident heading into it, coming off such a great Nationals, plus I'm sure she probably knows bronze is hers for the taking. Also, she was pretty close to Radio in the FS score wise here, if Elena has mistakes Anna could possibly get silver at Euros. I don't expect it to happen, but still, she should feel confident and proud of herself after this. I hope she can use the momentum to move onward and upwards.

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I don't think we should forget that getting bronze here might be as tough as getting one at Worlds this year. Anna's bronze did not come easy and she had to do her best to get it. If she can do it here than she can do it at Worlds.

Oldfiguresk8rguy

Spectator
I am not going to say my name because I need to stay anonymous. ...I have judged high levels of figure skating in the past.....I will say that Anna is the most beautiful woman in skating and should me modeling.....also IMHO she is better than most of the US skaters when her jumps are on!,

Ophelia

Record Breaker
I get that Pogorilaya is striking, but some of you are going on and on about her looks like she's the second coming of Helen Troy.

koatcue

Medalist
Country
Russia
The US inflation will be nowhere near what we saw in Russia for the top ladies. I love Evgenia, but 155 for her long program? Really? And Anna Pogo with72 PCS? I'm sorry, she just skates from jump to jump. I would give her 60, at most.

Of course there inflation won't reach 155 ...because there is no such skater there, who could even approximately be there.;)

sneakers

Match Penalty
I am not going to say my name because I need to stay anonymous. ...I have judged high levels of figure skating in the past.....I will say that Anna is the most beautiful woman in skating and should me modeling.....also IMHO she is better than most of the US skaters when her jumps are on!,

and so are Tuk, Lena, Mao, Yuna, Kiira, Ksenia, Kaitlyn and almost all other ladies :laugh2:

FSGMT

Record Breaker
Well, if this is what judges at high level care about :slink:

randomfan

Record Breaker
Of course there inflation won't reach 155 ...because there is no such skater there, who could even approximately be there.;)

To be fair, nobody at this competition deserved a score higher than even 148 either, even with nationals inflation...

Last edited:

Shayuki

Record Breaker
To be fair, nobody at this competition deserved a score higher than even 148 either, even with nationals inflation...

Well, I think that this was actually clearly better than Medvedeva's GPF performance, and she got 147.96 for that. In my opinion, 149-150 would be more accurate.

Her flutz wasn't called so that's a reduction of maybe close to 2 TES and then a few points lower PCS and some lower GOEs overall. But if her GPF performance deserved 72.37 PCS, this one was close to 74.

Last edited:

Ophelia

Record Breaker
Evegnia is a 149-150? Really? Come on, I like Evegnia but her scores are ridiculously high. That LP is not anything close to a WR.