2017 Worlds Short Dance | Page 41 | Golden Skate

2017 Worlds Short Dance

Lester

Piper and Paul are made of magic dust and unicorns
Final Flight
They were trying to do a "History of Hip Hop" routine, starting with the blues origins (although I think hip hop descended from a different strain of African music...) and going through to modern.

Spoilers: it didn't work

I don't know. It's a superficial way to go about it somehow. Save it for youtube, not Worlds. Still, it worked for them, so :D

beki

Medalist
Maxi and Zach's dance really worked! Music cuts and choreography flowed! So happy for them. Sad for the Shibs. They "get" hip hop. Perfect interpretation. Very noticeable that all the Americans own hip hop dance.

SarahSynchro

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
And now it's time for these least funky, most white version of Uptown Funk I've seen since I danced in my kitchen to this song. (Evan more than Madison-I just wish she'd dial down the Krylova. It's getting old for me)

Video or it didn't happen. :laugh2:

AliAle

On the Ice
That's funny, people complain all the time about dance being too subjective, but when you have surprises due to TES scores (which is the most objective you can get), they're still not happy. Well done H/D, hopefully people will look at them for their own value now, instead as default USA#3.

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
LOLOLOLOLOL.

Well it should be a very interesting FD.

The script is definitely being written for next year here.

matcha

Medalist
USA podium upended in the SP.

I'm a wreck. Need to calm my nerves before ladies.

Also Team "Montreal mush" 123. :eeking:

Last edited:

Lester

Piper and Paul are made of magic dust and unicorns
Final Flight
Looks like Marie France swept the first three placements :D

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
Little reminder this tech judges was the one who put P/C 5 points (in tes) behind V/M, without a mistake from P/C. So I knew he wasn't on P/C. What's the point of watching.

but you are not correct... p/c made mistakes...

ancientpeas

The Notorious SEW
Record Breaker
I never would have thought H/D would be in third and the Shibs in 5th. I'm glad W/P made the final flight.

Except for 1st they are all very close. I can see anyone winning the silver at this point.

ACK.. no I was thinking it was 6 teams but it's 5. Darn.

thoakun

Final Flight
Thanks lord, this season of "bah bah bah" sounds, dance fitness moves and "we're pushing 30 but can we join your end-of-school parties" outfits are over :hslap:.

Lysambre

Final Flight
I just tuned in at the end of Chock/Bates program...

The final scores... wth happened for the first team to be so many points ahead of everyone else ??? :shocked:

Last edited:

GGFan

Record Breaker
I don't know all of the intricacies of the levels in ice dancing but it is heartening that there is movement in the standings based on actual performance (if that's the case). I love that H/D get this chance despite their mistakes at Nationals and Four Continents.

OS

Sedated by Modonium
Record Breaker
This is why I rarely watch ice dance anymore... who is surprised by that result? :drama: Tessa and Scott, would you consider take a nap in your FS? :D You totally deserve it after that.

At least they kept it close... who's up for Silver and Bronze? My guess France and US. :biggrin:

Last edited:

medvedevasocks

Match Penalty
Gross overscore for Chock & Bates but that is basically the norm for them in their last 100 competitive routines so that doesnt even bother me, it is ho hum and expected. Will be an exciting FD wth all 3 U.S teams fighting for a bronze medal and U.S #1 status going into next season. I know technically Papadakis & Cizeron arent in the clear points wise but I cant imagine them not getting the siilver, especialy as their FD is way stronger than their SD, and their PCS were almost tied with V&M so the judges still like them alot.

Poor Weaver & Poje missing final flight by 0.04 behind 3 U.S teams who were all overscored.