2017 Ondrej Nepela Trophy Ice Dance SD | Page 3 | Golden Skate

2017 Ondrej Nepela Trophy Ice Dance SD

nimi

Medalist
I lost the stream for a while and only saw the last minute of Min/Gamelin. Was the program as a whole worth rewatching later on?

ETA 56.66 into 3rd

Andrea82

Medalist
Min/Gamelin 56.66 (31.78+24.88)

Looking ok for the Olympic qualification. They are ahead of the pack fighting for 5th place (Czech, Slovak, Finnish and Armenian teams) who scored around 51-52 in the SD here or last week.

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
It won't take first but M/G actually had the most dancey of these programs so far for me. There's something about these two that I always enjoy--they are very committed performers. Second best pattern of the day for me behind B/M.

Third. I wold have had them a VERY close 2nd. I was very entertained by that.

nimi

Medalist
At least Bobrova's rug/bikini dress is better than some of the other examples of the genre...

Didn't love the program but thought it was perfectly OK. *shrug*

ETA 35.2+, 35,8+ = 71.08

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
B/S MUCH improved from the first time I saw this, though the twizzles should be dinged. BY FAR the best pattern of the day--these other couples should watch it to see you don't have to skate it so tightly, you can stretch it and it won't look so small.

Experience will out: you can see it compared to everyone else. Little things add so much--like the way she grabs her hair at one point.

It still is rough, but much much improved.

Baron Vladimir

Record Breaker
Slight twizzle issues from B/S. Skating is fast and big. Bobrova can dance Latino. Public clapping while they were dancing :agree: 71.08

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
At least Bobrova's rug/bikini dress is better than some of the other examples of the genre...

Didn't love the program but thought it was perfectly OK. *shrug*

ETA 35.2+, 35,8+ = 71.08

Your fashion comments are very amusing.

:thumbsup:

ETA: I do miss the days of yore, when Aggressive Bad Taste ruled the rink! All the men in black may be more tasteful, but there is something to be said for kitsch 'glamor.' The last event that really had it was the Folk OD at the Vancouver Olympics. Now that was just a Bonanza of Tackiness. I miss it.

coldblueeyes

Record Breaker
Country
Brazil
Katia and Dima were "just" fine. I thought they lacked a bit of oomph in the first half of the program, they had a bit of a false start, and cue some small twizzle issues, but nothing major. The field is not stacked at the top, so you can see the difference between them and the rest.

nimi

Medalist
So this far...

P/M - 60, 98 TECH 31, 06 PCS 29, 92
K/N - 58,04 TECH 30,72 PCS 27,32
A/T - 55, 48 TECH 27,92 PCS 27,56
MC - 52,58 TECH 28,12 PCS 24,46 (not sure)

Kavaliova/Bieliaiev 50.48:

27.12+23.36

Min/Gamelin 56.66 (31.78+24.88)

Jakushina/Nevskiy
29.34 + 22.04 = 51.38
into 7th place

... and of course, BobSol lead with 71.08

(Fashion commentary resumes after the Zamboni break!)

Lamente Ariane

Skating Skills -5, Fashion +3, Camp +4
Record Breaker
So far I think Yura Min and Cortney Mansour have the best dresses. Definitely agree B/S's program is improved from the test skates, but I also liked Abachkina/Thauron.

NicolettaL

Final Flight
Your fashion comments are very amusing.

:thumbsup:

ETA: I do miss the days of yore, when Aggressive Bad Taste ruled the rink! All the men in black may be more tasteful, but there is something to be said for kitsch 'glamor.' The last event that really had it was the Folk OD at the Vancouver Olympics. Now that was just a Bonanza of Tackiness. I miss it.

OMG I miss it too
I miss the OD overall, and the random mid program costume changes in it

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
Katia and Dima were "just" fine. I thought they lacked a bit of oomph in the first half of the program, they had a bit of a false start, and cue some small twizzle issues, but nothing major. The field is not stacked at the top, so you can see the difference between them and the rest.

Yup. It's not a great program yet. It needs tinkering and polish. I wouldn't have given it more than say 65-66 in this field. But really, experience does show.

LadyB

Record Breaker
B/S MUCH improved from the first time I saw this, though the twizzles should be dinged. BY FAR the best pattern of the day--these other couples should watch it to see you don't have to skate it so tightly, you can stretch it and it won't look so small.

Experience will out: you can see it compared to everyone else.

Bobrova can dance Latino. Public clapping while they were dancing :agree: 71.08

You just made my day, guys! :yes2: