2017 Ondrej Nepela Trophy Ice Dance SD | Page 4 | Golden Skate

2017 Ondrej Nepela Trophy Ice Dance SD

nimi

Medalist
ETA: I do miss the days of yore, when Aggressive Bad Taste ruled the rink! All the men in black may be more tasteful, but there is something to be said for kitsch 'glamor.'
Yep. Men in black are fine, but when it's >90% Men In Black so that a white bowling shirt stands out as a fashion statement... :drama:

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
Yep. Men in black are fine, but when it's >90% Men In Black so that a white bowling shirt stands out as a fashion statement... :drama:

Really, it's like he strolled into the rink after bowling 10 frames. "Let me just put some blades under my shoes and I'm ready to go!"

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker

Gwendal looks like he wandered off the set of a B-Western. "Hey, I've got some time while they set up the next shot. Let's dance!"

And Marina, Hot Bubblegum Pink AND Las Vegas lap dancer oversized sequined top. Garish! Gloriously garish! Bless them!

Look how simple that lift is! We have much to thank Marley and Voir for. They really did force everyone to raise the bar. By several miles.

coldblueeyes

Record Breaker
Country
Brazil
Yup. It's not a great program yet. It needs tinkering and polish. I wouldn't have given it more than say 65-66 in this field. But really, experience does show.

I think the score was okay. They did perform well, there was speed, expression, but it's not up there yet. Also, want to see their tech score to give a better opinion - 4 points in the TES is already a big thing, not to factor PCS.

coldblueeyes

Record Breaker
Country
Brazil
Australians were doing alright until the twizzles. They lost steam, and me too. But there was speed in the first half. Also, the lift seemed almost too long.

coldblueeyes

Record Breaker
Country
Brazil
Good program for the Parsons, a lot of attack and no major mistakes. I just would like them to express a bit more throughout the entire program, and not just ten seconds here and there.

nimi

Medalist
Twizzles as the last element looks like good choice for the Parsons. The "wow" moment of the program.

ETA 36.72+31.06(?)=67.78

did I get TES and PCS right?

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
In a just world, the Parsons should give B/S a run for their money.

Love that you skated the pattern out. So much more effective. And I loved that they took their time with that lift--it didn't look frantic like so many multi-position lifts do.

Nice debut guys.

Baron Vladimir

Record Breaker
Technicaly very good from Parsons :clap: But there is no latin flair in it, like at all :shrug:
E: Well, judges agree - TES 36.7 PCS 30.7

coldblueeyes

Record Breaker
Country
Brazil
In a just world, the Parsons should give B/S a run for their money.

Love that you skated the pattern out. So much more effective. And I loved that they took their time with that lift--it didn't look frantic like so many multi-position lifts do.

Nice debut guys.

I think the Parsons need seasoning in seniors. They have the best TES for now, and probably for the SD.

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
I think the Parsons need seasoning in seniors. They had the best TES for now, and probably for the SD.

Oh absolutely. But that didn't scream "We just hit Seniors 12 minutes ago." It has some style and maturity to it. Do they need seasoning? Absolutely. But for a Senior Debut, it's commendable.

nimi

Medalist
Another Latvian team, also another team in the costume category "boring MIB and his neon coloured rug dress lady"

ETA: Ipolito/Jones 22.90+15.68=38.58, into 11th