2018 GP Helsinki Rhythm Dance | Page 5 | Golden Skate

2018 GP Helsinki Rhythm Dance

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
Sara is such a performer, fiery and committed to max, I loved her expression and seductive vibe in her movement.

jillredhand

Record Breaker
Oooo Stpanova/Bukin! What a great RD! That's a statement, their choreography was so crisp and dramatic, and they have the most spectacular first position on their twizzles. Hope to see them rise a lot this year, not just because Stepanova is a stone cold fox. Wish they had a more interesting lift, though. It's very basic.

kevinVchicago

Record Breaker
I love Radionova's sister, her cute boyfriend and their seazzles. Another beautiful program from Stepanova and Bukin!

Princessroja

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I love that program, minus the caterwauling lyrics in the middle. But it's perfect for them, and they look fantastic. that tech score is huge!

Ichatdelune

Long live the Queen and her successors
Record Breaker
Country
South-Korea
Aah, it's so nice to see this program uninterrupted by birds and confetti. As great as expected, and I love Alexandra's lines so they already have my favor even before they begin skating :laugh:

madison

Record Breaker
Don t like at all Stepanova Bukin. Very overscored. Her skating skills are just very bad. The twizzle doen't have good ice coverage. The costume looks strange on her.

draqq

FigureSkatingPhenom
Record Breaker
Alexandra STEPANOVA / Ivan BUKIN (RUS)

A little trouble getting into the sit for Bukin on the first set of twizzles but very strong set of very difficult twizzles regardless with high GOE (Lvl 4/4). Strong edging and good attack through the midline step (Lvl 3). Fairly strong first part of the TR (YTYY), could be a bit more secure in the second part (YYNY). Nice spread eagle curve lift with sharp positions (Lvl 4).

I like their sharpness and the interesting shapes in the choreography right from the beginning. I think the first half to the flamenco is actually better than the second half to the Edith Piaf mixed part. I think the choreo would be stronger if they had more held moves here and there, because they have good complexity overall.

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
The concept is quite far from traditional Tango aesthetic I'd say and I'm not crazy about it to be honest. It works for them however. Dance based in major part on rather angular lines and not that free-flowing with the rhythm, but again - very well performed and executed. It's just maybe too 'gloomy' and one-note experimental for me right now...I'd love to see more holding the edge, inducing some flow into the movement and partnering.

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
Alexandra STEPANOVA / Ivan BUKIN
Music:paso Doble: Malaguena performed by Blast; Tango: Tango Suite Part III by Al Di Meola; Tango: Carmen's Story performed by Edith Piafs; "Carmen's Story," performed by Edith Piaf
Choreography by: Irina Zhuk, Aliona Samarskaia, Petr Chernyshev
Costumes: Grey dress with tulle style skirting for her (pretty!); black pants with toredor style jacket and black scoop neck shirt for him

Required Elements:

LOTS of tango posing to start and finally into
Twizzles lvl 4 for both, 2.18 G And the MASSIVE GOE OVERSCORING BEGINS!!!!!!!
Midline Step Seq - LEVEL 3, 2.90G
Tempo change into Militant Edith Piaf musique
TR Pattern 1 - level 3, mostly YKPs, 2.09g
TR Pattern 2 - level 3, mostly Y, 2.14g
And yes, it's one of the better TR patterns of the season. Sharp
Curve Lift cartwheel entrance to pose on thigh. Level 4, 1.38g

Score: 78018

I'll come back to this because frnakly I smell manure Lots and lots of it.