2019 World Championships Rhythm Dance | Page 25 | Golden Skate

2019 World Championships Rhythm Dance

Mohacz

Medalist
Country
Poland
Wow, excellent. And they will be either 1st or 2nd before the French take the ice. And two Russian couples on the podium after the RD. Who would predict that at the beginning of the season?

LadyB

Record Breaker
Since Evan has cut his hair fairly short, Ivan is the one with uncontrollable hairdo now! :laugh:

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
Ok, so Sasha Stepanova looks a bit like ostrich in that dress for me :laugh: But good job! I can see with these results Russian Fed would be overjoyed :)

Ichatdelune

Long live the Queen and her successors
Record Breaker
Country
South-Korea
S/B's KnC is always fun to watch for the contrast alone :laugh:

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
Alexandra STEPANOVA / Ivan BUKIN
Russia
Music: Paso Doble: Malaguena performed by Blast; Tango: Tango Suite Part III by Al Di Meola; Tango: Carmen's Story performed by Edith Piaf
Choreography by: Irina Zhuk, Aliona Samarskaia, Petr Chernyshev
Costumes: Grey dress with heart-shapes sequins and organza skirting for her (pretty! I'll say it here, she's always the best costumed Russian woman); black pants with toredor-style jacket and black scoop neck shirt for him

Required Elements:

Lots of Paso Doble posing to start. Ole or Oi Veh: you decide. And finally into
Twizzles - Getting rid of their signature shoot-the-duck twizzle helped them gain speed and coverage. Smart. Level 4 for both, 3.34 goe
ML St Seq - Level 4, 3.39 goe. It's certainly in character and well done.
Tempo change again and it's Edith Piaf at her most militant! She's French! She has No Regrets!
TR Pt1 - Level 4 YYYY, 2.14 goe
TR Pt2 - Level 4 YYYY 2.61 goe
BRAVO! But I'd put it below at least two other L4YYY teams.
Curve Lift with cartwheel entrance up to her posing on his thigh. Level 4, 1.30 goe
And final Tango Pose.

Well S/B, it is definitely different. I do basically like it, and they certainly have upped their game this season. Smart of them to do the pattern to something with a militaristic beat--it makes doing the pattern easier when the beat is that insistent. But I'd be surprised to see them lead.

Score: 83.10 and a SB and into 2nd.

Well ok. If you say so.

draqq

FigureSkatingPhenom
Record Breaker
Stepanova / Bukin (RUS)

Tech:

- Twizzles: Strong first set, good second set, firm third set (Lvl 4/4)
- Step: Good curves, strong attack (Lvl 4)
- Pattern: Again, good attack, could be a bit more secure in the frame (kpYYYY + kpYYYY)
- Lift: Nice snap into the balance point on the curve lift (Lvl 4)

Pres:

- This team has a lot of outward projection compared to the other top teams. The choreography is also different with the shapes so it captures more attention. They don't have as much security in hold compared to some of the top teams but they don't show that weakness often. Should be in Top 3.

Score: 83.10, TES 45.68, PCS 37.42

Baron Vladimir

Record Breaker
Wow, excellent. And they will be either 1st or 2nd before the French take the ice. And two Russian couples on the podium after the RD. Who would predict that at the beginning of the season?

Well, they won't let 2 couples from the same country on the final podium, i'm sure of that :biggrin:

anonymoose_au

Insert weird opinion here
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Good work Sasha and Ivan!

Ooo SBS man declares Gabby and Guillaume as the best ice dancers ever. As a big fan of Virtue and Moir thems fighting words ;) Not to mention Torville and Dean!

GGFan

Record Breaker
Oh how I love P/C's skating! The level of sophistication, the flow, and the details are out of this world. Give them all the points!! :yahoo: