Ted Barton will cover Russian Nat on world Wide stream! | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Ted Barton will cover Russian Nat on world Wide stream!

dante

a dark lord
Final Flight
Country
Russia
all the Russian commentators (almost all the commentators in all languages) speak through the performance.

Mostly TAT and Averbukh, as far as I remember.

The best commentaries in Russian I've heard were Alexander Grishin commentating from home, probably drunk. :biggrin: The only better option would be Grishin with Johnny Weir.

And I am happy that Russia at least is starting to understand and appreciate global/online fans.

Not only that, 1TV has never had anywhere near as much coverage of figure skating as in this season, starting with junior test skates.

And how “safe” is that website? Do people need to load their browser with ad blockers etc.?

In Soviet Russia, TV is watching you!

Winnie_20

Record Breaker
I didn’t specify ad blockers for no reason, doh. I am not familiar with Russian TV websites, and I would imagine a lot of us here aren’t. I am not worried about “spying” (besides, I have a VPN), but I hate ads and stuff. Just trying to get some information here. ;-)

Alex65

Final Flight
Country
Russia
As a rule, advertising -> HD, without advertising -> low quality video. Business.

dante

a dark lord
Final Flight
Country
Russia
Yep, at 1TV adblockers limit the quality by 480p. But the ads there are quite humane, IMHO.

Edwin

СделаноВХрустальном!
Record Breaker
Will Channel One use its own YT channel? Or set up an international feed from their address at 1tv.ru?

About commercials and adds, most of them are of 'wonder medicines' this time of year on the domestic live streams, medicines to help Russians through the cold and long winter, but unlicensed for sale abroad. If there must be commercials (I sincerely hope not!), what would Russia advertise to the world? Edea boots, John Wilson blades, etc. or any of FFKKR sponsor's products related to figure skating would be nice and neutral.

Winnie_20

Record Breaker
Yikes, glad I asked! Guess I was being hopelessly naive and optimistic when I thought we’d just get a free youtube stream in the same style as the ISU streams. :unsure:
Thanks for the clarification, everybody!

anonymoose_au

Insert weird opinion here
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Yay Ted commentary!

I'm intrigued about what he'll say about Liza! And will he comment on pairs too? I'd like to hear his opinion on T/M too!

ladyjane

Medalist
Country
Netherlands
Great news. I'll be on holiday then, but I'm sure I'll be able to watch some of it. Wonderful.

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
For real? Hhhmmm... I am surprised. But yes, I understand your point. The website isn’t geoblocked? Can they unblock it partly for the stream? And how “safe” is that website? Do people need to load their browser with ad blockers etc.?

I really really hope they will link to a youtube stream (mostly because it’s easier to stream on my telly, *grin*).

He said in his tweet it would be worldwide except for Japan. I doubt they will link to a YouTube site. They want people to watch their site.

Edwin

СделаноВХрустальном!
Record Breaker
He said in his tweet it would be worldwide except for Japan. I doubt they will link to a YouTube site. They want people to watch their site.

The live stream probably, yes. Perhaps later the stream will be uploaded to YT.

Autumn Leaves

On the Ice
Mostly TAT and Averbukh, as far as I remember.

The best commentaries in Russian I've heard were Alexander Grishin commentating from home, probably drunk. :biggrin: The only better option would be Grishin with Johnny Weir.

Do you by any chance have a link to that? :)

Manitou

Medalist
Live stream (RU and EN) will be at the Russian 1tv website (already scheduled). I don't know how about 1tv Youtube Channel, but definitely not at ISU Channel or NBC. Ted was invited by 1tv to make English language coverage, it has nothing to do with ISU.

OK, but do I have to catch it live, otherwise it's gone?

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
OK, but do I have to catch it live, otherwise it's gone?

Last year, Channel 1 broadcast Russian Nationals on their official page on Odnoklassniki (Russia's second biggest social networking site), and it was able to be watched on demand afterwards.

In fact, I just tried the link for the Ladies FS video, and it still works.

So, although we don't know yet where Ted's stream will be, I would say that based on previous experience, it is a good bet that they will archive it.

I hope so anyway!

CaroLiza_fan

Artemisa

Final Flight
So we still really don't know how it wil be... it can be youtube or the channel site or maybe the internacional channel ...

gordana

On the Ice
Country
Russia
That is great because all the Russian commentators (almost all the commentators in all languages) speak through the performance. Ted knows when to stop talking. I wish he would commentate Japanese and American nationals, too.

Having received Russian TV award, TAT stopped speaking through the performance, only in pauses during recaps.

icybear

Medalist
Imagine Ted commenting with TAT. TAT dousing the eteri girls with criticism while Ted does his best to extinguish them with sprinkles of praises.