Ted Barton will cover Russian Nat on world Wide stream! | Page 4 | Golden Skate

Ted Barton will cover Russian Nat on world Wide stream!

snowflake

I enjoy what I like
Record Breaker
So the international stream with Ted will be for all disciplines(and juniors?)right? Not only women? Should be lots of exciting performances in men's, pairs' and dance as well :party2:

DenissVFan

Medalist
So the international stream with Ted will be for all disciplines(and juniors?)right? Not only women? Should be lots of exciting performances in men's, pairs' and dance as well :party2:

The junior championships are in the second part of the season.

Btw, I wish that the Russian commentator(s) would be Radionova and / or Lipnitskaya.

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
For those in the US and Canada, be aware that Krasnoyarsk RUS is 12 hours ahead of Eastern Standard Time.

It'll be much like watching events in China.

The schedule (all times am, EST)

THU 12/26
MEN SP 2-4:30
PAIRS SP 4:50-6:50
DANCE RD 8:15-10:15

FRI 12/27
DANCE FD 1-3:55
MEN FS 4:15-7:05
LADIES SP 7:30-10:00

SAT 12/28
PAIRS FS 4:30-6:40
LADIES FS 7:00-9:50

SUN 12/29
Medal Ceremonies 12 Midnite-12:45
Exhibition Gala 1:00-3:30

pesto

On the Ice
Eurosport used to (maybe still does) carry a lot of tourist board adverts: Croatia - the Mediterranean as it once was, Incredible India, etc.

Russian tourist board adverts would be appropriate! Vodka? Caviar?

dante

a dark lord
Final Flight
Country
Russia
Recently, 1TV streams FS on its site (for more ads) and then leaves recorded videos both there and on youtube.

Btw, I wish that the Russian commentator(s) would be Radionova and / or Lipnitskaya.

After more practice, Yulia would easily become one of the best commentators in the roster.

JustRozy

On the Ice
Country
United-States
For those in the US and Canada, be aware that Krasnoyarsk RUS is 12 hours ahead of Eastern Standard Time.

THU 12/26

FRI 12/27

SAT 12/28

SUN 12/29

Thank you for the times! I should be in the groove, after Japanese Nats :luv17:

Elucidus

Match Penalty
Here is the link to live translation:
https://www.1tv.ru/sport/chempionat-rossii-po-figurnomu-kataniyu-2020/pryamoy-efir
Now, for example, there is countdown to Mens SP. There are two windows below the main screen - which you can click on and thus switching between two versions of a stream (with Grishin or with Ted) - as I understand. Whether there will be partial geoblocking depending on what window you clicked - honestly, Idk.
As for ads - as far as I remember using this site when watching some previous GP events - there will be couple of obligatory ads in the beginning before actual competition video stream will start. And that's it. There shouldn't be anything more until the comp is ended - unless you close the window for ice resurfacing and open it again later. In other words - all warm-up skating between flights should be adless. However, it will be another story if you choose to watch the same competition through main 1st channel live stream (i.e. what will be showed on actual tv screens in Russia) there https://www.1tv.ru/live. Not all comps will be there though - but for those that will - it'll be ads hell :drama: Do not recommend (this way will be geoblocked anyway though - but still..).
Nevertheless, last RusNat Ladies FS - as far as I remember - was available only in "tv version" - not "site version" at the live time. What I mean is that even if you was watching the comp through site streaming - if it was translated on tv simultaneously - they switched all available streams with only one - which was translated on tv. So, I wasn't able to see warm up filled with quads before last flight and could only rely on TAT words that there was real quads battle at the time. Because ads, ads, ads. And they can insert them even during jump reviews before scores announcement too. No, they don't give a **** about breaking the immersion or ruining athmosphere. Business in the first place, everything else doesn't matter :sarcasm:
I really hope this won't be the case this time :pray: At least for Ted stream.

ruga

Final Flight
It's great that they'll put it on YouTube, maybe that way the performances can reach wider audience.

zanadude

Medalist
Country
Japan
He did say it will be geo-blocked in Japan, but available everywhere else. Something nice to look forward to for the holidays!

It will be broadcast live in Japan, on a super-expensive premium cable TV channel that I don't have. :(

Mishaminion

Record Breaker

THU 12/26

FRI 12/27

SAT 12/28

SUN 12/29

Can I please ask you for the time schedule for the United Kingdom too? It's okay If not.

I admit I am far too lazy to do it myself :laugh:

Mishaminion

Record Breaker
It will be broadcast live in Japan, on a super-expensive premium cable TV channel that I don't have. :(

That is really annoying, I bet. It is very unfair when it is free in other countries.
I cannot afford any cable at all in my country...it is a silly price

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Can I please ask you for the time schedule for the United Kingdom too? It's okay If not.

I admit I am far too lazy to do it myself :laugh:

Just add 6 to all the start and end times---but be aware, some start / end times will be pm, not am.

Jrhamstercat89

Rinkside
Probably a dumb question, but will the replays be available on youtube? I'll be working right smack in the middle of the ladies SP.

Mishaminion

Record Breaker
Just add 6 to all the start and end times---but be aware, some start / end times will be pm, not am.

Thankyou xD

- - - Updated - - -

Probably a dumb question, but will the replays be available on youtube? I'll be working right smack in the middle of the ladies SP.

I don't see why not...but not sure

Edit: Ted replied to someone in that tweet saying there will be live and archived videos so yes!!

slider11

Medalist
Ted is a first-rate commentator. He is so knowledgable and communicates with such enthusiasm and care for the skaters. I saw a sign at one of the Junior gps that said "Ted Barton for ISU President". I would vote for that!

zanadude

Medalist
Country
Japan
Does VPN work in Japan?

Not going through the trouble. Just want to watch what I can easily see on my TV.

I still have a ton of stuff from Japanese Nationals to go through, including the Synchronized Skatkng Nationals, and the full exhibition program will be broadcast next week, so I'm fine for content anyway. :)