2020-21 Russian Nationals: Ladies' Short Program | Page 30 | Golden Skate

2020-21 Russian Nationals: Ladies' Short Program

SXTN

Final Flight
LOL the bitterness is shining through. Liza also has questionable edge on her flip so why are you giving her as a standard. Give it up. Valieva actually has proper edge in her lutz if you care to notice. Anna has a flat edge. Daria is probably a flutz but one can you do. Judges just love Eteri girls haha!
Valieva has a beautiful full blade 3Lz+edge change+3T combo. You are right. +4/+5 worthy.

CrazyKittenLady

Get well soon, Lyosha!
Record Breaker
Country
Austria
Ok, I'm off to catch up with the men now. I hope for less drama, but I've already read something about Andrei crying, so feeling kinda anxious.

elektra blue

mother of skaters
Record Breaker
Country
Italy
my dear fellow goldeners and fs addicted i have to say good bye to you for now. see you tomorrow! love you all! 😘 (remember to behave in my absence, because you know,Samarin's closet is hungry all the time and it loooooooves the taste of naughty kids:LOL:)

Jontor

Medalist
Country
Sweden
Aha, Valieva's 3A was indeed UR.
Shcherbakova beat Valieva in PCS
Sasha got a ! on her Flip again
Guliakova's Lz was deemed ! and q
Samodurova's Lz UR

Overall fair scoring IMO. But I would have given Guliakova an edge call plus UR and Samodurova just a "q".

chasingneverland

Record Breaker
It’s always nice to say that Sasha is a fighter and has lots of quads and can make it up in the free, but the point is she shouldn’t HAVE to, when she puts out just the quality that others have in the short. I mean ffs if Sasha’s flip is ! then Daria’s Lz should be e. At least there is a huge distinction between Sasha’s flip and lz edge. Daria’s flip and lz edges look practically identical
Also the thing is she might not be able to. Now Anna is sick and Alena is missing. However, with Sasha only doing 2-3 quads, if Anna were healthy and at full capability, Sasha can't mathematically catch her if Anna is clean. Kamila also, with both doing 2 quads, with Kamila's lead in the short, Sasha might not be able to mathematically catch her either.

Novalis

Record Breaker
Samodurova's Lz UR

Overall fair scoring IMO. But I would have given Guliakova an edge call plus UR and Samodurova just a "q".
I think so too. When I saw the protocols, things made more sense.

Vandevska

U don't have to build the end of the world out it.
Medalist
Samodurova's Lz UR

Yep, I agree with what you said, it seems mostly okay, except for the not called ! on Daria's lutz (honestly I don't think she deserves an e call, but definitely !) and the PCS.

Novalis

Record Breaker
Yep, I agree with what you said, it seems mostly okay, except for the not called ! on Daria's lutz (honestly I don't think she deserves an e call, but definitely !) and the PCS.
Yes, Plushie is probably gonna be all over that

Yuzuruu

the silent assassin
Medalist
Samdoruova's Lz UR

Overall fair scoring IMO. But I would have given Huliakova an edge call plus UR and Samodurova just a "q".

Yes, very fair. Especially selective edge calls, that's what I enjoyed the most :wink:

Vandevska

Medalist
Yes, Plushie is probably gonna be all over that
Honestly I don't take Pluschenko seriously..... He's a bit of a big joke in the behaviour. But there needs to be a separation between the skaters and the coaches, and unfortunately there almost never is.

That was Sasha's best SP performance for me, even comparing it to Big Spender which had 3F-3Lo and which I really enjoyed despite it being "scandalous" because she enjoyed it a lot. I do think she deserved more.

Anyway, got two beautiful performances to rewatch now, one of Sasha and one of Kami which was gorgeous even despite the fall. :love:

eterialskating

On the Ice
Valieva has a beautiful full blade 3Lz+edge change+3T combo. You are right. +4/+5 worthy.
You should try harder instead of concocting more fake controversy. Her combo has a beautiful running edge between both jumps. The edge change was never a problem and I didn't see it today. You should go petition ISU so they can add more bureaucratic rules to FS.

neusw

On the Ice
Honestly I don't take Pluschenko seriously..... He's a bit of a big joke in the behaviour. But there needs to be a separation between the skaters and the coaches, and unfortunately there almost never is.

That was Sasha's best SP performance for me, even comparing it to Big Spender which had 3F-3Lo and which I really enjoyed despite it being "scandalous" because she enjoyed it a lot. I do think she deserved more.

Anyway, got two beautiful performances to rewatch now, one of Sasha and one of Kami which was gorgeous even despite the fall. :love:
Agree with everything you say. Plushenko needs to be smarter and play the behind the scenes game much more than just ranting and and raving in public. Public gestures never do skaters or coach any favors. I loved Sasha’s big spender program so much because of the energy and choreographic nuances well-timed to the music, it was my favorite program of hers until this current SP. Today’s performance was by far the best SP she’s ever done, and the changes they made to emphasize the nuances of the music at the beginning were beautiful. It’s just a shame the judges apparently won’t take her improvements seriously until she also throws in a successful 3A.

Vandevska

Medalist
You should try harder instead of concocting more fake controversy. Her combo has a beautiful running edge between both jumps. The edge change was never a problem and I didn't see it today. You should go petition ISU so they can add more bureaucratic rules to FS.
:laugh2::laugh2::laugh2:

I mean it has a perfect running edge OUT of the second jump, but a beautiful running edge between jumps in her combos.... She essentially always squiggles after the first jump.
Anyway, this is picking at crumbs though.

Vandevska

Medalist
I have a challenge then, if you wouldn't give her an e :) which is flip and which is lutz:
Flip or Lutz? Daria Usacheva edition
Got me I guess. 😅 There should be at least ! for sure regardless. However, if I'm being truly picky, I would give an e to both Sasha's flip and Daria's lutz. Probably to a bunch of other skaters too if I go and rewatch everyone.