2020-21 Russian Nationals: Ladies' Short Program | Page 31 | Golden Skate

2020-21 Russian Nationals: Ladies' Short Program

[email protected]

Medalist
Record Breaker
Not perusing protocols with a magnifying glass I would agree with the placements. I, may be, would switch Sasha and Darya. Darya's skating was overall a bit better but she stumbled. Still scorewise they are quite close. And tomorrow it will be not about Darya but about Sasha. She competes with herself first.

No matter what happens tomorrow two things are 100% certain: scoring complaints and "concerns". Both were abundant today.

SXTN

Final Flight
You should try harder instead of concocting more fake controversy. Her combo has a beautiful running edge between both jumps. The edge change was never a problem and I didn't see it today. You should go petition ISU so they can add more bureaucratic rules to FS.
A beautiful running edge between the jumps? Are you kidding?

Yuzuruu

the silent assassin
Medalist
Got me I guess. 😅 There should be at least ! for sure regardless. However, if I'm being truly picky, I would give an e to both Sasha's flip and Daria's lutz. Probably to a bunch of other skaters too if I go and rewatch everyone.
Honestly, the only thing I would at least hope in any sport discipline is fair judging and holding everyone to the same standard, it makes me really sad to see such blatant favoritism because it is insulting to the hard work all the athletes put in.
Shame on russian officials, clownery at its very best 🙁

eterialskating

On the Ice
Strange thing is that Sasha was the only with a ! call in the top 7! Liza Nugumanova's 3Lz is pretty borderline flat too, Daria, Maiia and Anna's are clear ! or "e".
Sasha is a clear and blatant lip. She was also given leniency you know with her mark. And please there is no such thing as a clear ! edge. That's why flat edges are also called unclear edges.

eppen

Medalist
Country
Spain
Not a very exciting ladies SP in Russia either. I don't find Valieva or Shcherbakova particularly interesting - could be the programs they are given or could be that is all they can deliver in the end. Now that Valieva has grown quite a lot of height, it is almost impossible to make the difference between the two. Valieva is still very young, so it is hard to know what she can develop into, but it is beginning to look like Shcherbakova will remain at the level of pretty skater without developing into anything greater than that. Usacheva I am not sure what to think about, I kind of like the program, though, but time will tell also in her case what she will be capable of doing. Tuktamisheva's tech ability at her age is cool, but I find the gushing about her maturity grossly exaggerated. She is still just about the same quite skater as when she was 15 with the same mannerisms. The music cut slashing the original is pretty bad and she fails to match the gracefulness and beauty of the music. Then I realized that they are doing exactly what I think should be done with a poor performer: stick to classical style and movement, but unfortunately, she is failing at that.

Feeling overall a huge meh after a day of what should have been top skating in the world - not very interesting or even good quality stuff. This season has brought about mostly meh things - even my darling Alena K. has programs that fail to impress at any level. My two faves from the beginning of the season still stand: Aleksander Selevko's hiphop SP and Ekaterina Kurakova's Chaplin FS. It'll be interesting to see if my opinions change with what tomorrow's FS competitions bring with them (I doubt, but there is always a chance of being pleasantly surprised).

E

eterialskating

On the Ice
:laugh2::laugh2::laugh2:

I mean it has a perfect running edge OUT of the second jump, but a beautiful running edge between jumps in her combos.... She essentially always squiggles after the first jump.
Anyway, this is picking at crumbs though.
That's why I said you should go petition ISU so you can penalize her combo. Frankly it's not a problem per se, it's more of people trying to latch at the tiniest crack they can latch onto. It's quite desperate IMO.

chasingneverland

Record Breaker
Politics.
How exactly do you expect Russia to score their defending national senior and junior champions with the most distinguished resumes (of the field that is there) in the past year? Anna and Kamila (besides Alena) had the most successful seasons last year. Especially because they DO score very well internationally too. And they both have an artistry, especially Kamila but Anna also has a grace that transcends their programs.

Yes, they were both overscored but they weren't the only ones either. And Sasha has been crazily overscored in the past, as well. But they get high scores internationally as well and it's nationals.

TripleAxelQueens3

sasha trusova is superior
Final Flight
Sasha is a clear and blatant lip. She was also given leniency you know with her mark. And please there is no such thing as a clear ! edge. That's why flat edges are also called unclear edges.
No? I took a look at Liza’s lutz edge from Rostelecom and drew a straight 180 line and the skate and the line matched perfectly so? Also Sasha has a clear lip like Daria and Maiia have clear flutzes, and whose jump got called?

colormyworld240

Medalist
I watched the top skaters and no one holds a candle to Anna’s artistry. Others like Kamila are musical as well but Anna is so much more expressive and invested in her program.

I love that her performance doesn’t break with errors which can’t be said about anyone else.

Shame about the spin, she really needed all the points she could get going into the free. And I think there should be more distance between her PCS and Kamila’s (and everyone else’s); they have better SS but she’s much better in all the other areas.

chasingneverland

Record Breaker
Yes, she has. And why doesn‘t she get that same amount of leniency this season, you think?

The fact that errors for these skaters aren‘t called internationally either is not an argument, it‘s part of the problem. Just saying.
Agreed. But it only hurts their own skaters to call them strictly nationally. So why on earth would they??

bouncy

☀️
On the Ice
It's sad to see the Russian skaters being pushed this much. I start to wonder if the Olympics in 2022 were postponed by a year. 🤔