Patrick Chan | Page 594 | Golden Skate

Patrick Chan

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
Recently, Patrick and Elizabeth just welcomed their first baby boy. The couple got married in 2020 after 3 years of dating. Congratulations to the happy family! :)
Fyi, his wife, Elizabeth Putnam, was also a Canadian figure skater and is currently a choreographer. One of the exibition programs of Patrick in 2019 was also choreographed by Elizabeth.
Source: https://www.oct.ca/publications/professionally_speaking/2021-09/2021-09-Remarkable-Teacher-PS.asp
i have decided this new baby boy will have Patrick's skating skills and grace the world with skating salvation in about 16 years from now. πŸ’— πŸ’— πŸ’— πŸ’— πŸ’— πŸ’— πŸ’— πŸ’— πŸ’— πŸ’— πŸ’— πŸ’— πŸ’— πŸ’—

ashleyming

On the Ice
Congratulations to P Chiddy and Elizabeth on their son :)

Aliona K mentioned he was the inspiration for some of her Four Seasons choreo. That's pretty cool I think.
Yeah exactly! Chiddy's Vivaldi program has become inspriration for the upcoming "Winter program" of Alena Kostornaia in this season. After finishing her performance at the Russian Test Skates 2021, Kosto talked about how winter was the piece which grandness fits Olympic season only and just a few skaters winter programs were able to be memorable, most known being Patrick Chan. She also says that everytime she skates to her winter program, she tries to channel the way Patrick performed his and connected to public. She tries to imitate him a little but in her own manner. :)

ashleyming

On the Ice
Well well, new season is coming and the daddy Chiddy is just chilling as usual, hanging around and playing golf.
https://www.instagram.com/p/CUN2SRiBeRM/?utm_medium=copy_link
Honestly, I just miss seeing Patrick on ice insanely, especially when the Olympic season is so close. πŸ‡¨πŸ‡¦
P.s: Congrats to team Canada for getting their 2nd slot in the Olympic's men event. 😊 Roman has tried so hard for this results. Wishing him and other guys a very best season!

Last edited:

ashleyming

On the Ice
i have decided this new baby boy will have Patrick's skating skills and grace the world with skating salvation in about 16 years from now. πŸ’— πŸ’— πŸ’— πŸ’— πŸ’— πŸ’— πŸ’— πŸ’— πŸ’— πŸ’— πŸ’— πŸ’— πŸ’— πŸ’—
Talking about coaching and choreographing, recently, Patrick has had chat with Skate Ontario about "Rebound to Skating Hype Event". He seemed to be quite busy with coaching but still joined in the live chat enthusiastically. :) Glad to see Patrick getting involved in encouraging the next gen skaters of Canada.
https://youtu.be/T-DwxGKgKL0
p.s: Have to admit that I miss Chiddy so much!

ashleyming

On the Ice
Talking about coaching and choreographing, recently, Patrick has had chat with Skate Ontario about "Rebound to Skating Hype Event". He seemed to be quite busy with coaching but still joined in the live chat enthusiastically. :) Glad to see Patrick getting involved in encouraging the next gen skaters of Canada.
https://youtu.be/T-DwxGKgKL0
p.s: Have to admit that I miss Chiddy so much!
Oh I miss him too! Just came across a conversation of Patrick and other fellows about being East Asian in Figure Skating. 😊

When being asked about whether Patrick should skate to the music from "Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon" in the ice shows, he said humorously that he would have to lose about 20 pounds first. πŸ˜‚ Lol!
Anyway, :( still wondering if he would return to the rink to skate in Stars On Ice and other events, it's been a while since his latest performance in 2019.

ashleyming

On the Ice
Seems like Patrick is having fun as a coach. 😊 Good to see him on the rink again for coaching the hockey kids in skating skills.
P.s: he is really a daddy now, both inside and outside. πŸ™

ashleyming

On the Ice
gosh.. i feel patrick should not bother with hockey players and coach figure skaters :)
He himself is a big hockey fan, so I guess it just how it is. :) Anyway, I remember he did say that he does the coaching sections with both hockey players and figure skaters, also choreograhping along with Liz. They would like to work together like Brian and Tracy at the Toronto Cricket Club, and also have a plan for their own school in the future. πŸ€·β€β™‚οΈ

ashleyming

On the Ice
i know david pelletier did the same... and many other skaters... but i just want patrick exclusively training mini chiddies :) i know... a man gotta earn his living ;)
Seems like it's a rare thing to see Patrick on the ice and skate to a piece of music these days. (Even though he is a figure skater, but most of his recent photos on coaching are all about hockey :ROFLMAO:). It's been a long time since he's been on a show too! Oh please Chiddy! I want to see him in the "Kiss & Cry" like Scott. :) (Or please come back to the ice shows for everyone's sake!)

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
Seems like it's a rare thing to see Patrick on the ice and skate to a piece of music these days. (Even though he is a figure skater, but most of his recent photos on coaching are all about hockey :ROFLMAO:). It's been a long time since he's been on a show too! Oh please Chiddy! I want to see him in the "Kiss & Cry" like Scott. :) (Or please come back to the ice shows for everyone's sake!)
i am actually secretly sending vibes for him to return to the sport, win a spot on the team and go to China....and win another team medal :) i know ... i am crazy :) but this is just a crazy wish... i am not really hoping on it ;)

ashleyming

On the Ice
i am actually secretly sending vibes for him to return to the sport, win a spot on the team and go to China....and win another team medal :) i know ... i am crazy :) but this is just a crazy wish... i am not really hoping on it ;)
I swear I did dream about that the other night. Oh yeah in my dream, Chiddy did put on his skates and fly all the way to Beijing 2022 to continue his competitive path. And then before I could see the second half of the drama, my damn alarm clock went off, blowing everything into nowhere. :bed: Well... another GP Skate Canada event is coming, just make a wish that the "Chanada lord" would be there.

Last edited:

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
I swear I did dream about that the other night. Oh yeah in my dream, Chiddy did put on his skates and fly all the way to Beijing 2022 to continue his competitive path. And then before I could see the second half of the drama, my damn alarm clock went of, blowing everything into nowhere. :bed: Well... another GP Skate Canada event is coming, just make a wish that the "Chanada lord" would be there.
omg... you didn't see what he was wearing???? his programs? did you see his gorgeous quad flip? OMG :)

ashleyming

On the Ice
omg... you didn't see what he was wearing???? his programs? did you see his gorgeous quad flip? OMG :)
If my memory serves me right, I did see the Aranjuez costume from the unbeatable 2011 - 2012 season, :ROFLMAO: the "La Boheme" FP and the 4T-3T combo (in the practice session, lol). :angry: He also brought along a panda cuddling toy (Looks like the one at the 2016 Cup of China K&C). Gosh! Everything was so real at that moment!!!

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
If my memory serves me right, I did see the Aranjuez costume from the unbeatable 2011 - 2012 season, :ROFLMAO: the "La Boheme" FP and the 4T-3T combo (in the practice session, lol). :angry: He also brought along a panda cuddling toy (Looks like the one at the 2016 Cup of China K&C). Gosh! Everything was so real at that moment!!!
NICE :) i hope to one day see him in my dreams in an esqualo outfit :)