2014-2015 Programs by Discipline | Page 36 | Golden Skate

2014-2015 Programs by Discipline

bramweld

Record Breaker
No offence to anyone here but I've never got Jeremy Abbott. To me he just always looks so nervous, he might just crap his pants. So I'm game for giving this new kid a chance. What's the worst that could happen?

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
It's very relevant. Jeremy does not own the music. Muse owns the music. They routinely prove this: whoever represents them has youtube mute the music of skating clips with Exogenesis, as Mrs. P noted, in case you have some doubts about who owns it. So any skater has a right to use it, if it is ok with Muse and their agents.

Jeremy's choreo may be the definitive expression of Exogenesis Part 3 for you, and that's fine, but other people may find another piece of choreo more memorable. For me, it is the Kerr's. And that's fine too, imo.

Who knows? Next year we may all prefer Adian's version. Or not. But let's wait to see the performance before condemning him and it.

Meoima

Match Penalty
Sorry for being off topic, but do the skaters have to pay some license fee for the music they use? In case this music is not over 50 year license yet?

Alba

Record Breaker
No offence to anyone here but I've never got Jeremy Abbott. To me he just always looks so nervous, he might just crap his pants. So I'm game for giving this new kid a chance.

I have the same feeling. :biggrin:

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Thank you.

Is this suppose to be his SP or the FS?

I think his FS.

Actually I think I will like it from what I can see. I wasn't a huge Kovtun fan, but maybe he can change my mind this season!

Selene

On the Ice
Hanyu's free is also Phantom of the Opera.
4T, 4S in first half.
Second half has 2 3A with a 4T combo.

Please correct any mistakes...

This warhorse is being way overused this season. Hanyu, Mura, Murakami, and Gold are all skating their LPs to it.

Anyway, that's a very difficult jump layout. Given the technical difficulty of his LP & his stamina issues, I expect a lot of inconsistent performances from Hanyu. Maybe his Olympic win was a preview; he may become the new Patrick Chan, winning events with 2-3 falls.

Alba

Record Breaker
I think his FS.

Actually I think I will like it from what I can see. I wasn't a huge Kovtun fan, but maybe he can change my mind this season!

I'm like you. Actually there is something in his skating which I really dislike, but he can change my mind. Curious to see the improvements.

Hanmgse

Record Breaker
This warhorse is being way overused this season. Hanyu, Mura, Murakami, and Gold are all skating their LPs to it.

Anyway, that's a very difficult jump layout. Given the technical difficulty of his LP & his stamina issues, I expect a lot of inconsistent performances from Hanyu. Maybe his Olympic win was a preview; he may become the new Patrick Chan, winning events with 2-3 falls.
:bang:

Lambari

Final Flight
I'm going to SLAP him. Yuzuru, WHY. :bang: :bang: I was predicting mad inconsistency but deep down I thought that he was going to hold back with the jump layout but :scowl: Oh, how innocent I was :laugh: Laughing to not cry. (Ok, now I'm over with the protests)

burntBREAD

Medalist
I just listened to Julia L.'s SP Music (Bel Suono, Megapolis), and I gotta say - wow! Girl sure knows how to pick her music. Fantastic choice!

Ksenia Makarova skated an LP to it a couple of years ago, and even though this was when her jumps had started to fall apart, the program was quite nice (and probably on YouTube). Not to mention, Averbukh also choreographed that Megapolis program so Lipnitskaya's might be similar.

Hanmgse

Record Breaker
I'm going to SLAP him. Yuzuru, WHY. :bang: :bang: I was predicting mad inconsistency but deep down I thought that he was going to hold back with the jump layout but :scowl: Oh, how innocent I was :laugh: Laughing to not cry. (Ok, now I'm over with the protests)

not gonna lie, I hoped he'll improve his consistency this season but now I don't know, the layout is :eek:, well I'll just wait...

Krunchii

Record Breaker
POTO is becoming the Carmen of singles. :laugh:

I CALLED THIS
why of all times now? it's really random to me, since Worlds is in China this year I had this little glimmer of hope that maybe people would try new things and skate to different music (like Brooklee Han and Yulia's rumoured Mulan LP) but it seems to be regressing

Meoima

Match Penalty

I will just say don't count the chicken before it hatch. He is building up his body, more muscle day by day, photos with his friends recently show it.

Anyways, I think PChan will be back at Worlds, believe me. In his recent interview he hinted about the possibility. :)

About the layout, let's not assume anything until there is clip evidence. :)