2014-2015 Programs by Discipline | Page 40 | Golden Skate

2014-2015 Programs by Discipline

Amei

Record Breaker
Can we implement a registration for music?

- Skaters have to register their music
- After 2 skaters register a musical selection no other skaters can use that music for the season or receive an automatic 3 point deduction every time they skate that music.

ice coverage

Record Breaker
'm
US Marines use this term; it is their unofficial motto.

http://www.usmcpress.com/heritage/usmc_slogans.htm

Outside the Corps, the meaning is as Sandpiper said, kind of negative.

Inside the Corps, it is a compliment.

I'm scratching my head over this one. :scratch: English is my first language, and I have zero connection to the Marines. My two cents is that "gung-ho" has never had any negative connotation as far as I knew. :eek: :think:

Sandpiper

Record Breaker
I'm scratching my head over this one. :scratch: English is my first language, and I have zero connection to the Marines. My two cents is that "gung-ho" has never had any negative connotation as far as I knew. :eek: :think:
Not negative, per se, just extreme.

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States

- After 2 skaters register a musical selection no other skaters can use that music for the season or receive an automatic 3 point deduction every time they skate that music.

How about any music used to win an Olympic medal in that discipline is banned for two years and for one season after a Worlds medal. Unless the skater who won chooses to reuse it. I love the registration idea and do it like the GP selections. We need more drama :popcorn:

LRK

Record Breaker

I'm all for this - especially as this means that the skaters would rush to register their music before anyone else "get's there", and we would know all the sooner. Win-win. :)

Sandpiper

Record Breaker

I'm more in favour of something like this: they all have one, specific deadline (to give them time to think about their music and try it out. Mad run is funny but won't lead to good programs). And they hand in a sheet with their first choice, second choice, all the way up to a ~5th choice. If more than 1-2 people per discipline choose the same music, random selection. The unlucky ones have to move down to their second choice. And so on and so forth. Maybe a priority for skaters who didn't get their first choice the year before.

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
I read on a Russian skating forum that Maxim Kovtun's SP is...Bolero. :disapp:

Registration sounds good to me.

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia

I shall refrain from commenting. I believe he is about the same age Plushenko was, after all.

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
I'm just watching the Senior Men's LP from Glacier Falls, and even though Shotaro Omori's LP is indicated as "Love is War" on his ISU bio, the second half was Tristan and Iseult, I'm sure of it!

Sandpiper

Record Breaker

Is this true? :popcorn: Karne's right, Plushy was around this age when he did Bolero, IIRC... And Liza's about the same age right now too. It's a conspiracy!

I'm weirdly fascinated. It's about the last thing that fits Kovtun, imo, but at least that means it won't be boring!

Meoima

Match Penalty
Is this true? :popcorn: Karne's right, Plushy was around this age when he did Bolero, IIRC... And Liza's about the same age right now too. It's a conspiracy!
I'm weirdly fascinated. It's about the last thing that fits Kovtun, imo, but at least that means it won't be boring!
As much as I dislike Phantom, as well as I love Bolero (mostly thanks to Ravel), I would rather listen to 4 versions of Phantom than 4 versions of Bolero. As you know, at least Phantom has various sessions for the skaters to choose. On the other hand, Bolero is just monotonous. :bang: How can we stand 4 versions with repetitive phrase "la la la la la la...." of Bolero, in the same competition?:unsure:

silverfoxes

Record Breaker

I got the info from the FSRussia.ru forum - they have a thread just like this one talking about the new programs and there was quite a bit of commentary about him using Bolero. I guess we will see if it's true in a couple weeks, at the test skate.

Bolero is my most hated of all warhorses. I wasn't into skating when Plushy used it, and it's definitely not one my favorites of his, but that was many years ago & there have countless more Bolero programs since then. If it was played out then...it's even more played out now. Like Meoima said, it's just monotonous and there isn't really much you can do to spice it up (particularly for a singles skater). At least with Carmen or Phantom, you can really get into character and sell it.

Anyway, I'll try to keep an open mind...I'm mostly indifferent to Kovtun and that probably won't change.

Stephina

Spectator
Sorry everyone but I LOVE POTO and am thrilled to have so many skaters doing it this year. I actually liked Davis and Whites POTO in 2010 LP more than there OGM one last year. (I think they should have beaten V & M in Vancouver because I loved the program so much but that is a totally different debate) I do think registering your music is a good idea..... even the Miss America pageant does that so the live audience on talent prelims don't hear 10 versions of the same song. There are so many good pieces of POTO though that maybe everyone will use a little bit different cut?

BlackPack

Medalist
I can't go back to check all the whole thread.

Can a kind soul please tell me what are Weaver and Poje's new programs?

Thank you:clap:

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
BlackPack, when someone posts the music for any skater(s), Mrs. P or I update the first post in the thread so you never have to read the whole thread to find out what we know.

At this point, Weaver and Poje have discussed their programs in general terms but haven't yet revealed their music.

Last edited:

BlackPack

Medalist
BlackPack, when someone posts the music for any skater(s), Mrs. P or I update the first post in the thread so you never have to read the whole thread to find out what we know.

At this point, Weaver and Poje have discussed their programs in general terms but haven't yet revealed their music.

Thanks Doris! I can't wait to find out... Hope they'll be world champs this season!!:biggrin:

nort345

Spectator
Who is Kanako's choreographer for upcoming season? Camerlengo? Wilson? Zueva? Or others? Thanks!