2014-2015 Programs by Discipline | Page 39 | Golden Skate

2014-2015 Programs by Discipline

pooh91

Rinkside
Jumps are looking very good, but he looks thinner than ever! :eek: I hope he stays healthy!

I wouldn't worry about that since he's actually build up right now...In recent photos he's looking more muscular. It's just his body frame making it look like he's too thin but he is really fit I'd say

Even in this video http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x233fo5 at 1:20 he says he wants to "boost his physical strength" and I think he really needs it for his crazy layout

IcyEdges

Match Penalty
It's very relevant. Jeremy does not own the music. Muse owns the music. They routinely prove this: whoever represents them has youtube mute the music of skating clips with Exogenesis, as Mrs. P noted, in case you have some doubts about who owns it. So any skater has a right to use it, if it is ok with Muse and their agents.

Jeremy's choreo may be the definitive expression of Exogenesis Part 3 for you, and that's fine, but other people may find another piece of choreo more memorable. For me, it is the Kerr's. And that's fine too, imo.

Who knows? Next year we may all prefer Adian's version. Or not. But let's wait to see the performance before condemning him and it.

I never said he owned the music, I know better than that. I also know that certain skaters have gotten permission from the band themselves to use the music while others havent. I don't exactly think I condemned him, I was just stating it's going to be hard to top Jeremy's version for me and I'm allowed to have that opinion.

What I'd like to know is why it's okay for so many here to go around slamming Jeremy and it's seen as funny and excused by most, yet when you are thought to be "condemning" some other skater it's the end of the world and it's not allowed. Seems kind of hypocritical to me. :confused:

Alba

Record Breaker
What I'd like to know is why it's okay for so many here to go around slamming Jeremy and it's seen as funny and excused by most, yet when you are thought to be "condemning" some other skater it's the end of the world and it's not allowed. Seems kind of hypocritical to me. :confused:

It happens with all skaters. The thing is though that criticizing a skater because he/she choose a music, which is/was used by another skater, with a great program maybe, it's pointless IMO.
As we all know, many skaters use the same music and recycle them each year.
Look what's happening this year with POTO :laugh:, or with Carmen. Bolero also has been done a lot. Rachmaninov, Swan Lake, etc.etc.etc. :biggrin:

unico

Final Flight
Jordan Dodds (AUS)

SP: Ni No Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch OST - Miracle (Reunion) choreographed by Tom Dickson https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1OoEgyouXZE
LP: Turandot - Nessun Dorma (his LP from last year)

via his Twitter

:love:

Oh my god, Ni no Kuni!!! For those who don't know, this is a video game that is stylized to look like a Studio Ghibli/Hayao Miyazaki film, so of course Joe Hisaishi is the composer!!! :love::love:

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
I never said he owned the music, I know better than that. I also know that certain skaters have gotten permission from the band themselves to use the music while others havent. I don't exactly think I condemned him, I was just stating it's going to be hard to top Jeremy's version for me and I'm allowed to have that opinion.

If there is a post about Jeremy that you feel violates GS guidelines, you should report it to the mods. Click on the triangle to the left of a post to report it.

Sandpiper

Record Breaker
Hanyu's free is also Phantom of the Opera.
4T, 4S in first half.
Second half has 2 3A with a 4T combo.

Please correct any mistakes...
Holy crap, is he serious? Sounds like a recipe for disaster. :cry: He'll probably win anyway because he'll still have enough firepower even if he falls multiple times... but I don't want him to become the new Patrick Chan. Why not 4Lo, 4T, plus current layout, if he's so gung-ho about adding difficulty?

POTO isn't a stellar choice (too many of them, people...), but next to the jump layout, it almost looks sane. I hope it's a darker program than what he's been skating so far.

Alba

Record Breaker
Holy crap, is he serious? Sounds like a recipe for disaster. :cry: He'll probably win anyway because he'll still have enough firepower even if he falls multiple times... but I don't want him to become the new Patrick Chan. Why not 4Lo, 4T, plus current layout, if he's so gung-ho about adding difficulty?

What is gung-ho? It sounds cute&funny. :laugh:

Meoima

Match Penalty
POTO isn't a stellar choice (too many of them, people...), but next to the jump layout, it almost looks sane. I hope it's a darker program than what he's been skating so far.
You can check some news clip in Yuzuru's thread. It's quite dark. I agree the layout is crazy, too. :cry: but personally I think the choreography this time looks much better than David Wilson.

Sandpiper

Record Breaker
Gung-ho = stubborn/overzealous, determined to do a particular thing or stick to a particular belief.

My idea is crazy too (4Lo), but he landed a beautiful one in practice and one 4Lo is (probably) better than a whole extra quad, in the second half, in combination. Especially since the salchow is already a trouble jump for him (hey, the 4Lo can't be too much worse than the 4S)

@Meoima
Thanks! I'm going to check it out right now.

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
'm
US Marines use this term; it is their unofficial motto.

Gung-Ho: The Chinese used this term to describe Marines in China around 1900. In the Chinese language, gung-ho means working together. That's what the "American Marines" were always doing, "working together," the Chinese explained. The term stuck to Marines like glue. Today it conveys willingness to tackle any task, or total commitment to the Corps.

http://www.usmcpress.com/heritage/usmc_slogans.htm

Outside the Corps, the meaning is as Sandpiper said, kind of negative.

Inside the Corps, it is a compliment.

Last edited:

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Oh my gosh, it was Andrew's music, not Jordan's. I am SO embarrassed right now. :eek::