2014-2015 Programs by Discipline | Page 42 | Golden Skate

2014-2015 Programs by Discipline

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
Yes it is sad. It is like whomever owns the rights to John Lennon's So This Is Christmas song. Four years ago, they took down a YouTube video of my 11 year old grandson playing the acoustic guitar and singing the song.

http://www.completemusicupdate.com/article/downtown-publishing-signs-deal-with-ono/

From the article: Confirming the deal, DMP President Justin Kalifowitz told reporters: “We are both honoured and humbled to represent the iconic songs of John and Yoko. We look forward to creating new opportunities that will expand the reach of their timeless music and message”. Apparently Mr Kalifowitz left out the phrase "as long as you cough up the proper usage fees" at the end of that second sentence.

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
Kovtun doing Bolero amuses me though. :popcorn: I can't think of a piece that's less fitting for him, and at the very least we might get some laughs. Will he try to skate sexy? :think:

Maybe it'll look something like this? :biggrin: (I have to admit, I like that version of the music much better than the classical...)

Ophelia

Record Breaker
Soyoun's SP choreography doesn't sync with the music. In places where the music is frenetic, her moves are languid. Also, isn't Rondo Capriccioso supposed to be fiery and energetic? She looks like she's skating to Moonlight Sonata or a Chopin Nocturne. On the positive side: great jumps.

Kuan

Final Flight
Soyoun's SP choreography doesn't sync with the music. In places where the music is frenetic, her moves are languid. Also, isn't Rondo Capriccioso supposed to be fiery and energetic? She looks like she's skating to Moonlight Sonata or a Chopin Nocturne. On the positive side: great jumps.

Yeah it doesn´t seem to fit very well now, but I think with more work on the choreo and more run throughs it will be better and better. At least the cut of the music is better than I expected and it is just the first competition for her... :popcorn: And I am more curious about her free skate to R&J. I think the music (at least the little section of the music I heard during a short practice clip) seems to fit her style better.

Alain

Match Penalty
He'll probably win anyway because he'll still have enough firepower even if he falls multiple times...
The system works well for these tricks. You don't really need to skate well and clean. You need to rotate. All the rest numbers will do. Sport is less enjoyable to watch though. At least for me.
but I don't want him to become the new Patrick Chan.
I think it already happened in Sochi.

Interspectator

Record Breaker
It's easy to roll eyes at a skaters unoriginal music choices, but even these can be great programs. It just has to be 'perfect'.
The music must suit the skater, the choreography must suit the music and the skater, the skater must be confident and skilled enough to execute the program.
For example, Hanyu's first Romeo was inspired and a wonderful program. The music choice was not original, but it was 'perfect' for him at the time.
I hope the same for his POTO. --And I hope the same for all the skaters programs. Gosh, I can't wait for the season to start.

bramweld

Record Breaker
It's easy to roll eyes at a skaters unoriginal music choices, but even these can be great programs. It just has to be 'perfect'.
The music must suit the skater, the choreography must suit the music and the skater, the skater must be confident and skilled enough to execute the program.
For example, Hanyu's first Romeo was inspired and a wonderful program. The music choice was not original, but it was 'perfect' for him at the time.
I hope the same for his POTO. --And I hope the same for all the skaters programs. Gosh, I can't wait for the season to start.

Its way too early in the season for all this angst and passion. Give it two more weeks to the Russian Test Skates, then we can just go nuts...:popcorn:

Isabel_O'Reilly

Final Flight
The general thought is that closed test skates for seniors will be from August 18 - September 3rd. Open? are tentatively scheduled for September 13 and 14. I hope we'll get videos.

Thanks. And yes, hopefully we'll get videos. I think I remember that last year Yulia's SP video turned up near the start of Finlandia. So the end of September probably.

I looked it up on Youtube and her SP was posted on August 17 last year.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aeH7ViTbf9o

Meoima

Match Penalty
That's not true though is it? I mean he won there because the other strong competitors like Chan or Javi failed to deliver as well.
I agree with you. It could have been a controversy if PChan were clean, but the thing is he did not.

I bet even the judges want PChan to be clean so they could give the gold for someone who did not fall, but...no one expected all of them to struggle that much.

It's not like the judges had any option for PChan to win since he messed up even the double axel, the easiest jump. People find it easy to put the blame on the judging no matter how all the skates were performed.:scowl:

Alba

Record Breaker
I agree with you. It could have been a controversy if PChan were clean, but the thing is he did not.

I bet even the judges want PChan to be clean so they could give the gold for someone who did not fall, but...no one expected all of them to struggle that much.

It's not like the judges had any option for PChan to win since he messed up even the double axel, the easiest jump. People find it easy to put the blame on the judging no matter how all the skates were performed.:scowl:

Exactly. :thumbsup:

abc123

Rinkside
Has anyone been able to confirm whether Ashley skated anything new at Sun Valley the other night? There was a bit of hype but I haven't seen anything definitive yet.

HanDomi

Record Breaker

And we can't compare Yuzuru's win to Patrick's win, because even with what happened Yuzuru still did a job by a quite TES gap. The case with Patrick's controversial wins was because he was winning of PCS gap as I remember.
People should stop complaining over and over about Chan's wins. It happened. You can't change it, if you don't like it.