2015 Four Continents Ladies Free Skate Feb 15 Seoul Time | Page 2 | Golden Skate

2015 Four Continents Ladies Free Skate Feb 15 Seoul Time

matmuh

what are levels anyway
Record Breaker
i will be sleeping during ladies event :cry: so wishing good luck to all skaters in advance , but especially satoko and so youn!!

satoko please rotate your jumps, and clean skate!! hopefully she will keep her nationals layout :cheer: and try to jump higher, it doesnt bother as much as others but it affects your scores :biggrin:

and so youn please stop being headcase, you can do it!! just believe in yourself and dont give up even if you make mistake and dont let it affect you!!!! :clap:

aa456

On the Ice
Also, Gracie will have to skate mostly clean and present herself like she has not done before. She will have to become super Graceful Gracie to win the PCS scores today. Can't believe the Free Skate is only in 6 hours...

Hmm I don't think Gracie needs to do anything extra special to win the PCS score today. Satoko is always lowballed and I don't see anyone being able to touch Gracie's PCS unless she has a meltdown.

Sabrina

Record Breaker
At least girls start a bit earlier and it's easier to stay awake until 1-2 am then waking up at 3 am like I did for the men. I was so dozy I couldn't see almost anything, though the CBC stream was excellent. I was happy to notice Jason Brown, so I kept my eyes open, and OMG what a program...the best I've seen from him with this new theme.
Good luck to all the girls, and a plus for the Canadians!

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Nobody could understand why I kept thinking yesterday was Saturday and today was Sunday including myself. Then I figured it out. I'm the only one operating on Korean time where I live! :p

hippomoomin

Record Breaker
Maybe after seeing her somewhat surprising score for SP, Gracie is gaining some confidence thinking "I don't have to be mistake-free here...";)
I want Zijun to show some fighter spirit here. It was quite disappointing to see her giving up the latter half of her LP in previous competitions. And that whole stamina for her is still a mystery to me.

andromache

Record Breaker
I'm running on three hours of sleep total after watching the men's LP this morning. I think I'm going to make the effort for the ladies LP though, since I don't have to wake up for it. Then if I sleep in tomorrow, get my grocery shopping done, I'll be well-rested enough to write that poetry paper I've been putting off.

Juggling being a functional human being with these international skating events is tough :p

ruffledgrouse

Record Breaker
Maybe after seeing her somewhat surprising score for SP, Gracie is gaining some confidence thinking "I don't have to be mistake-free here...";)
I want Zijun to show some fighter spirit here. It was quite disappointing to see her giving up the latter half of her LP in previous competitions. And that whole stamina for her is still a mystery to me.

She's such a wispy little thing. It reminds me of how Tanith Belbin talked about having issues with stamina/strength until she put on some weight. I listen to some of these skaters talk about their diet plans, especially for competition days, and think "That's some pro-ana s*** right there." Who was it that only ate yogurt and cucumbers the day of? I know it was somebody known for stamina issues, because that was my first thought when they said it. I get that you don't want a giant lump of food in your stomach, but...mmmm

cheerknithanson

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Man what a day I had!

Let's see what happened:

-I had a dream where I was trying to talk to a guy but my mom kept interrupting.
-I was in happy surreal shock of the results of the men's FP/overall score for the 4CC.
-I cheered at the women's basketball game and we won.
-We had to hand out bobbleheads and there was a kabillion boxes.
-I cheered at the men's game and we won also.
-It was homecoming game.
-My dad and I drove home from the game and it was like dust snowing and it's very windy outside.

But now I'm home safe, ready to eat chocolate to put caffeine in me so I can watch the ladies FP!

peg

Medalist
Even if Satoko doesn't do well, Gold could still bomb. Last year she knew Kostner did poorly and could have moved up (although Pogo skating cleanly right before her may not have helped). Gold just needs to focus on herself. She looks to be in good shape, and if she gets her axels in check, she could potentially win. The judges favour her PCS wise, and Miyahara could get nailed for UR jumps, so we'll see...

Yeah, I really think that Gracie is her own worst enemy at this point...

peg

Medalist
She's such a wispy little thing. It reminds me of how Tanith Belbin talked about having issues with stamina/strength until she put on some weight. I listen to some of these skaters talk about their diet plans, especially for competition days, and think "That's some pro-ana s*** right there." Who was it that only ate yogurt and cucumbers the day of? I know it was somebody known for stamina issues, because that was my first thought when they said it. I get that you don't want a giant lump of food in your stomach, but...mmmm

You would think they'd throw in at least a bit of carbs for competitions. At least something like a banana (which also has potassium and magnesium, both of which get depleted during exercise).

And on a different note, I'll be able to watch the whole ladies event live because it's actually at a decent hour for us old folks. If I've done the conversions properly, it starts at 8:30 and ends a little before midnight :)

cheerknithanson

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I'm excited for the FP!!!!! I better load up on chocolate so I can stay awake! I want to see Gabby, Alaine, Gracie, and Polina skate very well!!!

Krunchii

Record Breaker
This is the first event of 4CC that I'll be able to watch live phew

I hope Zijun Li has a repeat medal performance, indifferent to how the rest do

randomfan

Record Breaker
Unless two skaters in the top five do very badly, So Youn's chances of earning a medal is small. But I'm thinking how great it would be if So Youn delivered her FS perfectly like what Mao Asada did at the Olympics despite a bad SP. You can do it So Youn!

Polina's FS this season was never clean, but with her position after the SP, she's capable of moving up the rankings with a finally clean or nearly clean performance.

I really want Gracie to be ahead of Satoko. Satoko already proved herself to be a strong contender this season, while Gracie hasn't. If Gracie wins this competition, she will at least be one of the contenders for Worlds.

Zijun needs to be more confident. If she gets more confident she can win a medal.