2015 US Professional Open May 23 | Golden Skate

2015 US Professional Open May 23

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Where????When??? ...

Presented by the Professional Skaters Association, the 2015 U.S. Open Professional Figure Skating Championships will take place at the Bloomington Ice Garden, Bloomington, MN, on Saturday, May 23 ...

Scroll down at the link above to see names of some of the skaters, including Rohene.

Doris, if you want to leave no stone unturned re other entries, browse through the posts at this link:

And I see that the announcement is here (I have not looked at it):

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Presented by the Professional Skaters Association, the 2015 U.S. Open Professional Figure Skating Championships will take place at the Bloomington Ice Garden, Bloomington, MN, on Saturday, May 23 ...

Scroll down at the link above to see names of some of the skaters, including Rohene.

Thanks all for the reminders about Rohene's pro competition; I guess, knowing what little I have learned about Rohene, that he would just slap on a pair of skates and go out and jump magnificently without a coach:laugh2:

Also, Rohene is presenting a new artistic program tonight and tomorrow in Minneapolis

http://www.brownbody.org/

(click on performances, my browser will not give me a direct link; :confused:)

By the same choreographer who crafted his "Adagio for Strings" program.

Back to Jason: my first Jason was the US Nats Riverdance. His deep breaths and stare at the beginning of that program certaimly signal serious competitor. Despite all the photos of happy grins later. ;)

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
I miss pro comps!

But I hope Rohene has a better head for pros than he ever did in USFS competitions!

gkelly

Record Breaker
If you search youtube for Ryan Jahnke, Derrick Delmore, Jonathan Cassar, and Rice & Higgins you should be able to find video from their competitive days.

I'm not familiar with most of the other names. Not every pro who will enter this event will have had national and international success as an eligible skater. And I am more familiar with US skaters, so if there are other Canadian skaters besides Rice and Higgins (or others who competed outside North America), I may not have come across them.

satine

v Yuki Ishikawa v
Record Breaker
I'm excited for this! Especially for Rohene :popcorn:

And good luck to your coach, dlkksk8fan :cheer:

dlkksk8fan

Medalist
Thanks satine94. Just got off the ice watching Jonathan skate his routine this morning. He always skates so beautifully.