2015 JGP Cup of Austria Free Dance Sep 12 | Page 3 | Golden Skate

2015 JGP Cup of Austria Free Dance Sep 12

TMC

Record Breaker
Biechler/Dodge have improved so much from last season. I liked them already but this season they've become one of my favorite teams :)

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
I'm afraid we're in for a period of Montreal mush. I will say that at least this French team's program is more interesting than most of what I'm seeing coming out from their school. But mush is apparently the a la mode du jour. Ah well. This too shall pass.

E/B: well she looks seriously pissed about their scores and placement, but really, that is where they belonged.

That last flight was quite good.

Last edited:

Sugarpova

#EmpressAirlines #SinKatsapologist
Record Breaker
poor Egor & Sonya
I thought they were better than 5th:slink:

& I liked the pink US team better than the French
oh well Im an amateur:hb:

Snow63

Pray one day we'll open our eyes.
Record Breaker
Alla :love::love::love:

Still messy second half, but they were SO much better than anyone else here.

And I'm sorry, but I don't like the French team's FD at all. 2nd place? Oh, well :shrug:

Last edited:

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Just noticed they changed the judging panel from the SP to the FD.

SP: USA CZE SUI LTU CHN FRA UKR CAN GER

they took out USA, CAN, GER and replaced them with RUS, HUN, ITA

So instead of a fairly well-balanced panel like the SD, the FD was nearly all European, and mostly Eastern Euro/SSR

So no surprise the bland French team won silver and the pink US team wound up 4th. The other US team got the bronze because this was their last JGP event (he is now 21).

Ice Dance

Record Breaker
Biechler & Dodge-:):):):)

-They have speed. They use the entire rink. They have clean lines, strong twizzles, a relationship on the ice, and non-warhorse music. They also have pizzaz--if you look at their repertoire over time--and aren't limited to soft, flowy programs. Though their waltz this season shows they can do them just as well as the teams that skate to them all the time. Damian is a standout. They are currently ranked seventh in the U.S. (if you take away a spot for Moore & Klaber's split) and have just managed to upset both team #4 Carreira & Ponomarenko and team #3 Pogrebinsky & Benoit within the beginning of this season. BRAVO.

I don't see B&D challenging M&C in the move up to seniors next season; but if B&D can continue on this route, I can see them challenging Cannuscio & McManus.

Other:
Doris, I agree with you about D&L's style. I suddenly feel not alone anymore.

LOVE Loboda & Drozd.

But not as much as I LOVE the Mountain Trolls;).

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Biechler & Dodge-:):):):)

-They have speed. They use the entire rink. They have clean lines, strong twizzles, a relationship on the ice, and non-warhorse music. They also have pizzaz--if you look at their repertoire over time--and aren't limited to soft, flowy programs. Though their waltz this season shows they can do them just as well as the teams that skate to them all the time. Damian is a standout. They are currently ranked seventh in the U.S. (if you take away a spot for Moore & Klaber's split) and have just managed to upset both team #4 Carreira & Ponomarenko and team #3 Pogrebinsky & Benoit within the beginning of this season. BRAVO.).

This is the first season that I have enjoyed Biechler / Dodge. Yes, now they have a relationship, but it wasn't always that way. In earlier years, Damian's relationship seemed to be totally with the audience, because he spent more time with his face to the crowd, mugging and overemoting, than he ever did to his partner. He was able to get away with it when Julia was very young, but eventually she grew and matured and forced him to mature, too. Just toward the end of last season did they begin to look like a real partnership.

As for B/D upsetting Carreira/Ponomarenko, no, that is NOT true. Day/Leahy were in the Riga competition with C/P, not B/D. Anthony had an unfortunate fall in the FS during the diagonal step sequence; they lost anywhere from 5-7 points. They were in second place after the SD, and would have been on the podium if not for the fall.

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Just been catching up on the Free Dance, and was wondering:

Where have the first 2 groups gone???!!! :drama:

The archive of the livestream only starts with Group 3!!! :eek:

Admittedly, each routine from the first 2 Groups is available as an individual video. But it would have been nice to watch the whole LIVE coverage, especially as the individual videos end before the skaters get their results! :bang:

CaroLiza_fan

Dr-minus

Rinkside
Yes, annoying as hell:bang: Sometimes reaction of skaters and their coaches after routine is more interesting than the routine itself:laugh:

Ice Dance

Record Breaker
As for B/D upsetting Carreira/Ponomarenko, no, that is NOT true.

Yes, it is. Biechler & Dodge defeated Carreira & Ponomarenko at the Chesapeake Open this summer. The first dance competition of the season. They were in the same group.

Last edited: