2015 Copernicus Stars Mens Free Skate Sep 26 | Page 3 | Golden Skate

2015 Copernicus Stars Mens Free Skate Sep 26

TMC

Record Breaker
Oleg Tataurov Tarasenko wimp. About anything. There was no need to go away

wow, don't hold back...lol

Uh, what does that mean? Is Tataurov saying that somebody is a wimp? Is someone saying that he is a wimp? Confusing

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
Uh, what does that mean? Is Tataurov saying that somebody is a wimp? Is someone saying that he is a wimp? Confusing

He's calling Tarasenko a wimp. There are 2 Russian boys here: Tarasenko (skating soon; he bombed his SP pretty badly) and his skater Petr Gumennik is the other one.

TMC

Record Breaker
He's calling Tarasenko a wimp. There are 2 Russian boys here: Tarasenko (skating soon; he bombed his SP pretty badly) and his skater Petr Gumennik is the other one.

A coach is calling an 18-year-old kid a wimp?? Wow. How is that not against some ISU ethics rules?

Horrifying.

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
ISU has ethics rules? There are coaches who sleep with teenage students and still work, so I don't think calling someone a wimp would be too problematic for them.

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
Gotta love the Rolling Stone lips and tongue logo. Way to go Stoll! You rock!

That belt 'buckle' though looks like it would be likely to cut him in half if he lands funny.

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
Well Galay was definitely the best of the first 12. He really is tenacious and hung on to all those jumps. I liked the program.

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
Well the wimp is up. Let's see how he does.

ETA: The jumps were iffy but oh man, Holy Mismatch Batman. Why is he skating to Elvis? It just looked silly.

Last edited:

TheGrandSophy

Record Breaker
How nicely phrased, Ted.

That was so empty, so when the jumps are not on fire like here it felt really: mistake... skate around... Mistake... Skate around.

Why on earth did they choose that music? He didn't look at all comfortable.

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
An Elvis medley with a random Platters song in the middle...but I just watched Leonova's very similar oldies hodgepodge program. Seems to be a trend.

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
An Elvis medley with a random Platters song in the middle...but I just watched Leonova's very similar oldies hodgepodge program. Seems to be a trend.

Oldies are fine. But Elvis? One of the best performers in all of rock and roll? If you don't have the chutzpah to go out there and really PERFORM it is just going to look stupid.

And that looked stupid.

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
I just love French choreography, especially the hand/arm gestures. You could probably teach an entire course on it: French Figure Skating Choreography and Semiotics. Are they really messaging the Mother Ship, or does it just look that way?

adelia

Record Breaker
Well, maybe Oleg had a point...

Gee, I wonder who inspired this guy?
As a coach at one of the top schools, Oleg shouldn't have said it in a stream chat.
But I'm sure that most people know why Vlad got a JGP spot, and it wasn't because of merit.

Last edited:

TheGrandSophy

Record Breaker
Instead of spending all his time trying to keep hold of skaters who don't want to skate for France anymore, could Didier please spend some money on jump coaching for the French skaters. They always seem to have something, but make lots of jump mistakes.

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
This is turning into a splatfest. Even the commentator, who seems to be a nice man, sounds fed up.

ETA: LOL now he's talking about how so many of the programs "look empty."

Last edited:

TheGrandSophy

Record Breaker
As a coach at one of the top schools, Oleg shouldn't have said it in a stream chat.
But I'm sure that most people know why Vlad got a JGP spot, and it wasn't because of merit.

I am not most, unfortunately. :laugh: Why did he?