Proposals to ISU Congress 2018-2019 Season | Page 50 | Golden Skate

Proposals to ISU Congress 2018-2019 Season

Danny T

Medalist
Oh, Misha Ge is there. Good grief man, take a vacation instead why you gotta torture yourself?

:dbana:

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
There is an (empty) wine glass in front of Lakernik. I wonder how long before he is reaching to have it filled.

yume

🍉
Record Breaker
We are coming from years of people saying "a fallen quad is better than a triple". Nope, is not.

Some proposal are there for try to change the approach of skaters to what put in their program, after all the splatfest we have see these days.
So now is splatfests and not unfairness.
Even skaters with triples fall a lot.

sweetice

Praise the Ice God
Final Flight
Oh, Misha Ge is there. Good grief man, take a vacation instead why you gotta torture yourself?

:dbana:
It is the secret phantom chief of the ISU.

I haven't say anything, no one need to know that :scard8:

Harriet

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
I am saying that skaters with quads don't always win against skaters with only triples. So i don't understand why it's so unfair to let some skaters to have multiples quads in their programs since they don't even win.

Nobody's saying it's unfair to let skaters have more than one quad, or more than one type of quad, any more than it's unfair to let a netball team have lots of tall women on it. Skaters make a cost/benefit analysis as to whether to put their resources towards 3As, quads, skating skills or as many of the three as they can fund, and lots choose to go with the jumps because they supply a big TES boost, and that's completely fine. It's when skaters with only one quad are prevented from using it more than once, while skaters with multiple quads are permitted to use multiple quads in the same program, that unequal opportunity becomes an intrinsic part of the sport, baked into the rules - because a skater with many resources is more likely to be able to develop multiple quads, and a skater with few resources less likely, and a skater with multiple quads will also be more likely to win against a skater with one quad just because of how the numbers add up. The monetarily rich get points-richer and the monetarily poor get points-poorer for reasons that have nothing to do with the actual skill of the two skaters and everything to do with how much practice time they can buy. That's why I want to keep the ability to do two kinds of quad twice; it's actually more fair.

And yes, a skater who does good triples absolutely should be able to win over a skater in the same competition who does bad quads - even if I like the skater with bad quads and dislike the skater with good triples, LOL. And they currently can, though probably not at Championship level where there's always a wider range of skaters present. That's why I like the SOV changes. They make that exact scenario more possible.

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
At least we seem to be churning through the Synchro stuff pretty quickly.

sweetice

Praise the Ice God
Final Flight
So now is splatfests and not unfairness.

It is some of this and some of that. But is undoubtful that the TES race over quads has produced some of the worst events ever see.

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Lakernik telling Bianchetti "don't hurry" :rofl:

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
The proposal for the half-loop thing is ludicrous nitpicking.

- - - Updated - - -

YES! QUAD REPETITION RULE WILL NOT PASS!

The proposal has been amended that so that one quad may be repeated.

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
hi everyone, another day in the office (with coffee breaks ofc:biggrin:):cheer:

I am ready, thirsty for some tea and eager for the drama:laugh:

mau

3Lz3Lo3Lo3Lo3Lo
On the Ice
oh, now the proposal is that a skater can repeat only one quad

Danny T

Medalist
Ooh, interesting amendment to the quad repetition form the technical committee. You can repeat 1 quad and 1 triple, or 2 triples, but not 2 quads.

RIP people whose 3As suck