2015-16 Grand Prix Final Ladies SP | Page 30 | Golden Skate

2015-16 Grand Prix Final Ladies SP

IlVoloFan

Final Flight
Country
Turkey
Soooo happy for one of my favourites Elena :)) :love: I hope she'll win medal :)) And my other favorite Gracie I hope she can skate clean tomorrow and take a medal ...

Ophelia

Record Breaker
Evegnia is BY FAR the most artistic of the Russian ladies.

Miyahara has EVERYTHING, except the jumps.

Tolstoj

Record Breaker
So happy for Medvedeva, she deserves it.

The only woman to do all the jumps after the second half and with the arm, insane flexibility and great artistry and skating skills.

Last edited:

Ekm

On the Ice
Gold and Ashley's time has passed them by

:rolleye: Every time either of them has a poor skate there are people that love to smugly suggest they are done. By this logic I assume Liza is done too since she didn't even qualify. :rolleye:

andromache

Record Breaker
So many mean-spirited comments about Gracie. Being critical of her performance is fine, but the nonsense about how she has no future in the sport is not only rude, but false. She's known for her inconsistency, so what? So was Adelina Sotnikova until she won Olympic gold.

ETA: And honestly? Gracie's problems have vastly improved since last year. No falls yet this season! She's averaging about one pop per program, hasn't had her combo actually run into the boards this season, and hasn't had any major meltdowns. Yes, when she makes mistakes it's a shame because she's so talented, but to outright dismiss her is silly, and when people say she should retire or that she'll never win a world medal it really just sounds like they're happy when she fails.

Last edited:

Shayuki

Record Breaker
My friend is a bit sensitive I'll admit but she is always posting stuff on FB about some group she contributes to about it. I'm telling. Some people really take offense to being told to eat more. YMMV of course.
Doesn't really matter or affect my actions in any way. If they take offense to someone being concerned about their health, that's on them or they aren't being honest.

whatif

Medalist
Oh my dear, Mao. Never change!....

This reminds me the last season. Just swap Tukt with Medved and you have three top ladies. The consistency of both Radio and Satoko will carry them through this season again, as Evgenia takes that World gold.

And the less said about Americans the better.

Jombi

On the Ice
My predictions:
Ashley steps out on her flip and will have bad combo or just less BV (possible UR); Satoko will go clean with no URs but won't be higher than third; Gracie will succumb to pressure and makes multple mistakes (although not a disaster); Elena will be clean, Zhenya will be clean and go to the lead, Mao messes up all her jumps (not entirely, having good landing but URs and some bad landing) but won't be behind podium.

That was.......accurate!!! :jaw: You'll receive a call next time I'll have to post some predictions ;)

Mikansei

Learning how to spin
On the Ice
Underrotations on both the flip and loop for Mao, wonder why she doesn't do a salchow or 3T instead of the Lz. :confused:

Satoko was great, love her spins and program, such a shame she doesn't have higher jumps. Seems like the Japanese ladies have jumps problems.

Got to give credits to Evgenia for delivering and being consistent. I think she muscles her jump a bit (especially the -3T in combination), and her SS is not that good yet, but she keeps hitting her elements. I think some Ghibli/Joe hisaishi music would fit her.

Gracie, would have been nice if she was clean, she got everything, but she always seems to miss one of her jumps.

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Doesn't really matter or affect my actions in any way. If they take offense to someone being concerned about their health, that's on them or they aren't being honest.

As long as your first concern is you then everything should be just fine ;)

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
I mean IF she did it WITH the correct edge. Like I do calculations for scores to see "what would have happened if...." And negative GOE would turn into 0 for my calculations to be fair.

Fair. But those are hypotheticals. Liza would have scored 80 at TEB in that case if she had done a clean 3A, a 3Z, and a 3T+3T in the second half. ;)

jenaj

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I know this sounds mean but Gracie has as much a chance of landing on the World podium this year as her sister Carly....in other words, slim and none. Gracie has the raw talent but she can't control her nerves and psyches her self out in the short and skates to redeem herself in the long when it is too late. Such a waste

Gracie skated a clean short at TEB. She can do it. I think she needs to ditch the flip, though. I think she still has a decent shot at the podium at Worlds.

DannyCurry

On the Ice
Reading the protocol, I got really mad at the technical panel. They ratified Miyahara's 2.5 Lutz-2.5 toe but for Mao, called both jumps of her combo URed.

MaiKatze

Record Breaker
Aargh, aargh, aaargh...not a complete splatfest, but not that great either. When Mao singled that jump I honestly wanted to scream, WHY?? WHYYY? WHYYYY? Damn it, she could have won with with an amazing score, and then you get this. Grrrr...and Medvedeva, I'm sorry, but does she really deserve to be that far ahead? Is this even fair? I love Elena and can see that she didn't do her best tonight, but she sells the program. And Mao, Wagner et. al. they are there, with the program components. Even the german Eurosport commentators were baffled by Medvedevas scores, and that's saying something. What I don't get is that with the men, you have to work, seemingly, for years to get to some sort of level to get these scores, but with the ladies you get them immediately. And then, they are ready to crown you best ever, give you scores, that just go over your head and next season, when you fail to deliver they will destroy you. I fear this will happpen again. It's going to be Julia Lipnitskaia reloaded. Medvedeva winning the short I'm totally okay with but these scores seem a bit too much to me, honestly. She's just not there, yet. Leave her some room to grow into it.

Anni234

Ina Bauer
Record Breaker
Country
Estonia
The ladies field is tough, I think it could have gone any way today, but I am kind of okay with the standings. Besides, all is still possible tomorrow.

semosk8tfan

Medalist
Country
United-States
The state of US Ladies is just depressing. Looking at our top ladies: they are headcases under pressure, several have major under-rotation issues, and if they manage to land on top of a podium it is often because of mistakes made by others. Looking at the juniors: well, they aren't setting the world on fire either (how many made it to Barcelona....zero). Our medal drought at Worlds and Olympics will continue until USFS realizes that their system isn't working and we are falling further and further behind the rest of the world. Rant over, pizza time.

nolangoh

Steps and Spirals enthusiast
Record Breaker
Here's everyone's favourite protocol time!!!

Evgenia: TES is fine (but lol one judge gave her a -2 GOE on her loop). PCS, 32-ish would be better.

Elena: Again TES is fine. But one point less for PCS please (which will be around 32 too).

Mao: Both the flip and the loop is UR? I need to check on youtube when I wake up. PCS is great, I would give a 9 for performance and interpretation though.

Satoko: An 'e' for the flip? Seriously? I honestly don't think so. Again I would give her 9 for performance.

Gracie: Well I really have nothing much to say about her scores. But she gets 0.10 more than Mao on step sequence?

Ashley: Yes, technically it was pretty messy, won't say more about it. But I would give her a 9 for performance and choreo. But a bit down on skating skills.