2015-16 JGPF Men Free Skate | Page 12 | Golden Skate

2015-16 JGPF Men Free Skate

Plisskin

Medalist
Nathan needs coaching on his spins, interpretation, and the way he does his arms/ port de bras bothers me. I don't like his posture either. Other than that, he's pretty much the only U.S. man besides Max Aaron that can do a quad. I think he could challenge for a medal at Nationals.

Last edited:

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Someone mentioned Nathan was planning 4 quads. He only did 3. Where is the space for the second 4T? He repeated the 3Lz.

Guess he decided to just go for 3 quads instead of 4. The fourth would have been the fourth jumping pass.

EdgeCall

Record Breaker
No offence, but I would like the future of men's figure skating to look a bit brighter than what what we have just seen.

Congrats to Nathan for losing the least. :clap:

Princessroja

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Okay, who was that couple warming up after the scoreboard went away? I couldn't help but laugh at the girl jamming out...

da96103

Record Breaker
Special message from Spanish Ice Rink Boogeydemon.

"I am pleased with your offering of 10 falls. I will leave you human beings alone for the rest of the competition."

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
No offence, but I would like the future of men's figure skating to look a bit brighter than what what we have just seen.

Congrats to Nathan for losing the least. :clap:

The future of figure skating is EXACTLY like the current state of figure skating. Lots of quads and unpredictability. :biggrin:

invisiblespiral

Record Breaker
Okay, of the six skates I saw, two were bomb-y and I liked the other four sans the errors....

Also, random tarot generator's take on the event:

Sadovsky: Seven of Pentacles (Assessment), when reversed: Labors abandoned before completion. Impatience, lack of effort, and the wasting of time. Idle and unprofitable speculation.

Zhou: Ten of Pentacles (Wealth): Completion of material prosperity and riches. Freedom from financial anxiety, the security of home, and the enjoyment of family. The passing of inheritance along to children, or the gaining of inheritance from parents.

Aliev: The Moon: Cyclic transformation covering the mysterious forces of the night. Feminine beauty and the intoxicating vitality of youth. The metamorphosis from beauty to beast and vice versa. Occult forces, sensitivities and intense dreams. Dangerous situations and perilous times.

Samohin: Queen of Cups, when reversed: The dark essence of water, such as a deep and foreboding lake: Discomfort with the worlds of mind and matter, leading to a retreat to the spiritual. The embrace of negative relationships, driven by the desperate fear of being alone. Devotion to fantasies and daydreams, to the exclusion of practical skills or the pursuit of knowledge. Insecurity leading to dishonor, vice, and undue susceptibility to outside influences.

Yamamoto: Seven of Swords (Futility): An opportunity to withdraw from a hopeless situation and fight another day. Disengagement from a struggle you should never have been involved in. A desperate attempt to resolve a matter without conflict. The use of cleverness or outright deception to turn the tide in your favor.

Chen: Page of Wands: The essence of fire behaving as earth, such as wood or coal: The surprising appearance of a new passion. An adventurer who blazes through life, acting as a catalyst that others may harness. The intense enthusiasm and childlike imagination that fuels any new venture, needing only the application of mind and material to make it a success. Inner fire that can drive away fear and replace it with fury. Can represent a person of some timidity, but whose innate passion can be easily ignited. May indicate the birth of a child.

Well, it seems to have done pretty well...

tsuyoboogie

"Dedicate your heart" & Slay like an Ackerman
Record Breaker
To be fair, I believe most of these guys upped their tech for this competition. I commend them for their efforts. Hopefully we'll see more stable performances at JrWorlds.

Congratulations to the medalists!

mrrice

Record Breaker
The future of figure skating is EXACTLY like the current state of figure skating. Lots of quads and unpredictability. :biggrin:

True!!!!! You know what I think Nathan needs to do.......Hang out with Ashley Wagner. Some may find her over the top but, the girl knows how to set and keep a mood. Even when she makes mistakes. Nathan, is a snooze. Fortunately, he's in good hands and a great environment. Looking forward to seeing him grow.

Last edited:

Jammers

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Nathan is one gutsy kid going for that 3rd quad after missing on the first two. Considering many of our top men don't even try quads i give him props.

daphenaxa

Record Breaker
i think the voodoo is very strong. Dima almost fell just gaining speed for his bows. I am very suspicious

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
True!!!!! You know what I think Nathan needs to do.......Hang out with Ashley Wagner. Some may find her over the top but, the girl knows how to set and keep a mood. Even when she makes mistakes. Nathan, is a snooze. Fortunately, he's in good hands and a great environment. Looking forward to seeing him grow.

Are you suggesting that Nathan has Diva potential. :laugh:

Last edited:

Rissa

Record Breaker
Live report: that was really... lackluster. Senior Men SP gave impression of good skating despite the mistakes but the really bad pops and falks sank the juniors. On the positive note, all those points lost here are bound to come back at other competitions, right? Right.

Winnie_20

Record Breaker
I am sure they didn't all just get intimidated by Yuzuru's skating last night, but... I am sorry, at some point this FS just became laughable. I had to get my enjoy,ent from somewhere, watching this splatfest.
Nathan's program is a Beauty, though. :love:

daphenaxa

Record Breaker
Live report: that was really... lackluster. Senior Men SP gave impression of good skating despite the mistakes but the really bad pops and falks sank the juniors. On the positive note, all those points lost here are bound to come back at other competitions, right? Right.

did you see Shoma in the public?