2015-2016 Programs by Discipline | Page 2 | Golden Skate

2015-2016 Programs by Discipline

Layback11

Record Breaker
I don't know that music very well, but I love the Shibs, and A/S's short that I rave about so much on here was to Coppelia, so hopefully it's just as awesome. I like pretty much everything they've done (except for the music to that 40's program from 2011 or 12, not sure which-sorry, but ick, I hate 40's music), so I have high hopes for this, and I'm really excited to see what their FD is!

supsu

On the Ice
Do we know which skaters will keep their current program(s) next year? I hope Yuzu keeps his short... And I wonder about Jason since he seems to grow into his superhard programs slowly..

Alchamei

Record Breaker
Do we know which skaters will keep their current program(s) next year? I hope Yuzu keeps his short... And I wonder about Jason since he seems to grow into his superhard programs slowly..

Josh will keep his SP if I can recall, not sure entirely.

Edit: And Castelli/Tran will keep their short.

Last edited:

owl

On the Ice
Josh will keep his SP if I can recall, not sure entirely.

Edit: And Castelli/Tran will keep their short.

Joshua is keeping his SP? I have mixed feelings about repeating programs because I like seeing new programs, but I LOVE his SP, so this is really conflicting lol

cheerknithanson

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Joshua is keeping his SP? I have mixed feelings about repeating programs because I like seeing new programs, but I LOVE his SP, so this is really conflicting lol

I'm really happy he's keeping his SP. I love it!

aftertherain

Record Breaker
rumors on twitter say that satoko's choreographers for next season are tom dickson and lori nichol. can anyone confirm this?

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
okay guys, I have added the index posts at the beginning of the thread. When I am really ready to start working on the thread, it will be renamed

All your posts will still be part of it.

ice coverage

Record Breaker
okay guys, I have added the index posts at the beginning of the thread. When I am really ready to start working on the thread, it will be renamed

All your posts will still be part of it.

Thank you, Doris :bow:.

And I see that synchro will be getting its full due in the new thread :yay:.

Weathergal

Medalist
Watch it - it's already amazing :love:

Thanks Karne. I haven't yet watched all the videos I've been able to find on YouTube for the WTT (it's been a busy week!), so I didn't know that Max didn't skate to "Gladiator" again.

I like the program and hope he continues to develop it more during the off-season. (And also work on his spins...) So glad to see him with this program!

kinoriH

Final Flight
Apprently V/T are keeping their sp and lp which were supposed to be for this season.

SP - Nagada Sang Dohl. Indian theme
LP - Dracula and Van Helsing soundtrack

Meoima

Match Penalty
Well we are strong, we have survived the POTO epidemic. :bow:

I hope this season we will have more diversity. :biggrin:

dress

On the Ice
Well we are strong, we have survived the POTO epidemic. :bow:

I hope this season we will have more diversity. :biggrin:

My crystal ball is telling me that we have strong chances to face another epidemic. The question is which song will it be?
I think and hope we are done with POTO for at least 2-5 years.

samm22

On the Ice
We can even start with videos!

Max Aaron

SP: Nessun Dorma

LP: Black Swan soundtrack

choreo by Phillip Mills

First, it annoys me that skaters will site black swan and never mention Tchaikovsky when they are skating to the black swan soundtrack, because they are (for the most part) using the music that Tchaikovsky actually wrote. I would feel better about it if skaters using the black swan soundtrack sited something like, "Black Swan by Clint Mansell after Swan Lake by Tchaikovsky" which would be long, but give credit where credit is due.
Second, why is Max Aaron skating to such well known artistic pieces? I can tolerate the short, as there were some nice moments in there, but pushing black swan on him doesn't work, and the freeskate was just awkward and uncomfortable. You could tell that he was uncomfortable doing some of the movements, especially at the end. The music works against him, in that he will have to prove the judges that he CAN skate to it. He will have to make his program different and better than all of the people who have done swan lake/black swan before him, for him to receive decent component scores. I don't think black swan was the right choice.

Thank you for the posting the links though karne! I couldn't find videos of max from the wtt

Last edited:

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
My crystal ball is telling me that we have strong chances to face another epidemic. The question is which song will it be?
I think and hope we are done with POTO for at least 2-5 years.

to be honest it could be Muse epidemic and deifinitely Indian/Middle East themed music...

and today I've had a dream that Papadakis/Cizeron done Swan Lake FP...:jaw:

TheGrandSophy

Record Breaker
May be clueless of me, but why can't they have a date you have to get your music choices for the next season in by (like dissertation titles) to be cleared? Any two skaters have the same music, the first person gets to keep it and the later skater has to make a new choice. This could be well before actual choreography and training begins.