2015 Skate America Ice Dance SD Oct 23 | Page 14 | Golden Skate

2015 Skate America Ice Dance SD Oct 23

auser

Record Breaker
thank you golden.

The fan fest OPs have all the info we have collected so far. So the link under the Skaters name is the ISU bio. If you cannot find answers there, give the op a try!

Thank you Doris for all your wonderful work. I love those gifs of the SD key points.:cool: How did you find that site? Kudos to you:bow:
Amending post after spotting "Thank you, TheGrandSophy!" in the OP. Kudos to both of you:bow::bow:.

Last edited:

Ice Dance

Record Breaker
:rofl: I do believe we have an unpredictable ice dance season ahead of us.

Good for S&K. (Topping Y&M and passing a team the entire Russian team lost to at Worlds last season? There's a little redemption and a pretty great start for S&K's season, though judging by G&P's rising scores in the free at Nepela, I think these two ranks will likely change. Still! No small feat, especially away from home ice. I thought S&K might well merit third here, before we found out about the injury. But second in the SD. Color me impressed.

Piper and Paul score is way too low, they were fast.

Were you watching live? I ask this seriously because I was not. But I was at Skate Canada last season, and Piper & Paul were not fast. They were slower than Hubbell & Donahue. And far slower than Weaver & Poje. Speed is relative though, and sometimes liable to change from competition to competition. I have never seen S&K skate live, though I'm guessing their speed is still in flux seeing as they have been together only a short time. Here G&P earned one lower level in the SD than S&K and C&B, which probably made the difference between 2nd & 3rd. I'm not a fan of G&P's program; but my opinion aside, their Nepela placements (3rd in the short & 1st in the free) indicate they are likely to move up here.

I don't have a favorite team in the final group at SA so I think I shall enjoy whatever surprises are thrown our way!

Sigh for N&N. I really like the lift they botched (after seeing the full version at the Classic). Hope they can nail it at some point this season.

Snow63

Pray one day we'll open our eyes.
Record Breaker
Sinitsina/Katsalapov's RW pattern needs some serious work, it's like they are half-bit late in some steps! Or maybe it was just the youtube video :scratch: Overall the SD is beautiful, I liked non-walz part the most. Deserved second place.
I hope Chock/Bates will remove the vocals, their new SD is so dissapointing :no:

uhh

Medalist
I just knew that S/K would come good in the end! :dance: (CoR just got very interesting, the battle for Russia number 1)
Nikita is too easy on the eye to be trashed! :love:
I can't wait for the FD now.

It's a big improvement for them, but B/S haven't had a score in the sd that low for years, maybe not since their fall at worlds 2012? I/Z have surpassed it 5/7 times they have competed, and 100% of the times they've skated without visible errors. Post CoR last year, their PCS was always higher than S/K today. It's also just about at or even below what S/B and M/K were getting for good skates last year. We need to wait for the FD, but so far I would just say that S/K at back on the hunt for the third spot o the podium at nats and no more just yet.

Kittosuni

Medalist
I loved C/B. So much above the next two big medalists. I really hate that so many people dislike them. They are SO GOOD. I cannot believe people think someone beat them tonight without being ridiculously biased. They were just that good. I get hoping for someone to win, but C/B were awesome.

I mean Im not even a C/B fan but i have to agree they were just incomparable to the rest of the team here.

solani

Record Breaker
Country
Austria
Why noone has commented on Nikita's costume or I sm the only one who hated it.
She is gorgeous though
I agree. She looks stunning and I don't like his cleavage. He should wear something like Mozgov (when I think about it, Nikita's outfit would go well together with Yanovskaya's). Nice dance though. She's beginning to shine, he's like he always was.
C/B were the best (but I also didn't like the vocals, nice program for the short amount of time they only had), G/P were very enjoyable and I did like Y/M, they look very promising.

tvuckic16

Final Flight
It's a big improvement for them, but B/S haven't had a score in the sd that low for years, maybe not since their fall at worlds 2012? I/Z have surpassed it 5/7 times they have competed, and 100% of the times they've skated without visible errors. Post CoR last year, their PCS was always higher than S/K today. It's also just about at or even below what S/B and M/K were getting for good skates last year. We need to wait for the FD, but so far I would just say that S/K at back on the hunt for the third spot o the podium at nats and no more just yet.

I agree. I think SK are back into solid hunt for third at Nationals, competition for first will be between BS and IZ. Since Russia only has two spots this year, SK probably won't make it to Worlds but maybe to Euros assuming they get 3rd at Nationals. Also, if they medal here and medal at CoR, they could go to the GP final? Not sure. Anyway, they should be happy, much better than last year.

Alegria

On the Ice
Country
Ukraine
What's the problem with N/N music tempo? They got dedaction, but I can't understand why.

uhh

Medalist
I agree. I think SK are back into solid hunt for third at Nationals, competition for first will be between BS and IZ. Since Russia only has two spots this year, SK probably won't make it to Worlds but maybe to Euros assuming they get 3rd at Nationals. Also, if they medal here and medal at CoR, they could go to the GP final? Not sure. Anyway, they should be happy, much better than last year.

Its really hard to predict gpf qualifiers because there are so many teams skating against each other twice, notably C/L and I/Z and B/S and the shibs. They'd probably need 2 silvers or a silver and a bronze, which means beating c/l and i/z in Russia. CoR dance is stacked. Even if they do beat g/p overall here, gp have an easy shot at silver in France, so they also have to hope G/Ps overall score is lower. A lot also depends if PC come back for the GP.

bramweld

Record Breaker
I can't say Piper and Paul were undermarked. Whatever approach you take modern or classical, a waltz should be fast, light, flowy with a nice lilt to it. While I like the quirkiness of this SD, it didn't really check off all those boxes. I'm beginning to think that sometimes simple and elegant works better for a waltz, even a little openness in the choreography can be tolerated for a waltz. But they are still fairly close, so anything can happen in the free.

Last edited:

MidnightSkater

On the Ice
It's not so much G/P were under-marked but that C/B were over-marked.
They are getting amazing scores for good but not great skating.
I just don't get it.

whatif

Medalist
LOL @ Gilles trying to be the new Zhiganshina and failing, IMO.
Anyway, I am shocked to admit but S/K looked the best overall for me. If only Nikita could dial down the level of camp.

Mattieu

Medalist
LOL @ Gilles trying to be the new Zhiganshina and failing, IMO.
Anyway, I am shocked to admit but S/K looked the best overall for me. If only Nikita could dial down the level of camp.

Oh no, the camp is why I love him ;)

tvuckic16

Final Flight
Its really hard to predict gpf qualifiers because there are so many teams skating against each other twice, notably C/L and I/Z and B/S and the shibs. They'd probably need 2 silvers or a silver and a bronze, which means beating c/l and i/z in Russia. CoR dance is stacked. Even if they do beat g/p overall here, gp have an easy shot at silver in France, so they also have to hope G/Ps overall score is lower. A lot also depends if PC come back for the GP.

Oh well...in that case....probably no gpf for them....if they make it to Euros they should be happy.

bramweld

Record Breaker
Not wanting to digress but given the Shibs skating skills why hasn't a program of this loveliness been choreographed for them? I really hope they realize sooner rather than later that Marina is no longer invested. Just my very, very, humble opinion. If they wanted anymore proof that is.

I just get this impression that while Marina plays favourites, Igor doesn't. Not to take anything away from S/K, but this program just begs the question. Or is it that the Shibs have peaked? Point me to the right thread...

Last edited:

nocturnalis

Medalist
I think that with V/M gone and D/W out, the ShibSibs foolishly thought the would be Marina's number one. They've clearly forgotten that they were never a priority.

whatif

Medalist
Shibs, first, needs to be their own federation's number one before Marina even entertains the thought. Ain't nothing she can do.