2016 Finlandia Trophy Mens SP | Page 9 | Golden Skate

2016 Finlandia Trophy Mens SP

cleo2070

Final Flight
People are forgetting that Patrick's SP was actually an exhibition program choreographed by Pasquale Camerlengo, and it featured the bird song. He's just taken that EX and upgraded it to an SP.

*has an aha moment*
That's why it felt familiar! Thank you Mango for the info!

Pamigena

Record Breaker
Ugh the second hand embarrassment....just because there's a beat doesn't mean you HAVE TO CLAP
:laugh2: and never in synch with the music, I think it's a Finnish trademark (no offense, I love you all, but I have seen it happen too often :laugh:)

Pamigena

Record Breaker
Zamboni break almost over :popcorn:
Wow, I actually enjoyed Nathan a lot more this time around. Majorov was tons of fun. Jorik is my guilty pleasure, he's so drama. (No talking this time, thank god)

But OMG Daniel :drama: that costume is even worse live. I really don't get it. But after that skate he gets nothing but sympathy hugs. Poor guy even seemed to stumble into his ending pose :palmf:

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
But OMG Daniel :drama: that costume is even worse live. I really don't get it. But after that skate he gets nothing but sympathy hugs. Poor guy even seemed to stumble into his ending pose :palmf:

I am so confused by Daniel's costumes and state of non-readiness this season...it's depressing me. :cry: At least he cut his hair.

zebobes

Final Flight
I just realized that the different feeds have different camera angles. I am guessing the Youtube stream is run by interns, and that there is an actual TV broadcast stream with better camera angles, but with a LOT of talking over it.

Li'Kitsu

Record Breaker
Oh, my Pina Kolyada is gone... costume looks good on Mika, but I'll miss the pineapple.

Good luck to everyone in the last group!

And I enjoyed Nathan a lot more than last season too. Still frightened as heck for him to get re-injured... good luck Nathan!

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
11 Samuel KOPPEL (EST)

Music: Oh Darling by Paul McCartney, John Lennon

Black shirt, dark blue pants, sparkly belt

3T+3T - turnout, maybe 3T<
2Lz*
FSSp
CCoSp
1A*
StSq
CCSp

Yikes, two invalid jumps

SP: 20.13+26.25 = 46.38, 11/11

Last edited:

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
Koppel's opening choreography is cute, but he needs to commit to it more. No rock god is half-hearted.

Interspectator

Record Breaker
I just noticed the very artistic picture frames in the back of the kiss and cry featuring what looks like Crop Circles. I like it.

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
12 Ivan RIGHINI (ITA)

Music: You Raise Me Up by Josh Groban

Half grey/black sparkly shirt, black pants

4T - fall
2A
FCSp
3Lz+3T - fall
StSq
CSSp
CCoSp

2 falls, not his best day. He looks disappointed

SP: 29.98+33.75-2.00 = 61.73, 7/12

Last edited:

tzazu

Medalist
Righini, not his day:drama:
But he's a delighting view anyways:love:

Last edited:

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
Righini should move to Brooklyn. He's totally got that Brooklyn Hipster vibe. I mean, here he's skating to what essentially is an overproduced, pumped-up Celtic ballad, and he's dressed for a hipster funeral. Ah well, at least it's not some hideous shade of green.

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
13 Maxim KOVTUN (RUS)

Music: Bahamut by Hazmat Modine

Black shirt with red spot/stripe details, grey pants

4S+3T
4T - stepout/hand down
FCSp
3A
CCoSp
StSq
CSSp