2016 French Figure Skating Championships | Page 8 | Golden Skate

2016 French Figure Skating Championships

NicolettaL

Final Flight
Gosh. I was having goosebumps whole dance. And I can only imagine how will this look after enough time on the ice. Magic happened again!

Giselle

Medalist
Interview on MCS with Gabriella and Guillaume after their FD:
They are happy to be back competing.
It was hard to find a FD music after last year's FD that would be different yet still their style.
They have good training conditions in Montreal and work with a lot of people.
They did not watch the other ice dancers at this competitions but focused on themselves.
They'll have a small break for the holidays then they are going to train for Euros and Worlds.
They did watch their competitors in the GP series and felt frustated not to be there as well.

Pika

Final Flight
Protocols

STw2 ? Why ?
The judges already went crazy on PCS :laugh:

Edit: Thanks to explanation from Snow63 in the Fan fest thread: he doesn't catch his blade in the second set. Shame one you Guillaume. Just kidding ;)

Last edited:

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
And on GOE too :p Europeans will verify, but I hope they will get all levels by that time!

Snow63

Pray one day we'll open our eyes.
Record Breaker
Protocols

STw2 ? Why ?
The judges already went crazy on PCS :laugh:

Edit: Thanks to explanation from Snow63 in the Fan fest thread: he doesn't catch his blade in the second set. Shame one you Guillaume. Just kidding ;)

It's just one level lost because of his mistake. The second - because of her 3-turn. So shame of both of them, equally. Anyway, after watching both their dances, I actually think Cappellini/Lanotte have a chance at Euros. It will be VERY interesting.

Pika

Final Flight
Sorry sorry I had misunderstood that, and a friend gave me a confirmation on the first one only. But I was really kidding.

Last edited:

Plumededragon

Medalist
I'm very happy with the results. More for Chafik, who finally got the title! :cheer: A pity for Kevin not being here, but if he really is injured, it's best he rest fully before coming back next year. I still wanna see him being trained by Joubert, lol!
Simon has made a nice come-back, though he still needs lot of work.
Florent is really done for competition, he doesn't have this fire from years ago. :no: At least Euros aren't that far away...
And Romain... Just lol, pfff...

Edit: and of course, no comment on the ice dance results, hehe! Just happy to see them back! Gosh I so wanna be to the Euros now!

Last edited:

robredo40

On the Ice
P&C fd is clearly lacking in difficulty and challenging coreography , the diagonal step sequence looks way too open to me, the lifts very basic and simple , they have gorgeous skating quality but is it enough to become world champions again i don`t think so it looks like W&P year.

Giselle

Medalist
Benjamin Allain was skating with Valentina Rudchenko, training in Lyon.
But I admit that I have no clue of what happened to them, I heard he was back in Bordeaux, and heard rumors about her going to the US

Thank you. Another skater with potential that's not skating anymore...

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
It's just one level lost because of his mistake. The second - because of her 3-turn. So shame of both of them, equally. Anyway, after watching both their dances, I actually think Cappellini/Lanotte have a chance at Euros. It will be VERY interesting.

Before I get attacked by a mob of P/C ubers, let me say that I am a HUGE fan of this team, that I have been since they were JUNIORS, and that their talents and skills as dancers are second to none of those currently competing.

With that said, I have only one thing to say about this FD:

It will be a good test to show just how big a part reputation plays in the scoring.

I am BEYOND disappointed.

bramweld

Record Breaker
Before I get attacked by a mob of P/C ubers, let me say that I am a HUGE fan of this team, that I have been since they were JUNIORS, and that their talents and skills as dancers are second to none of those currently competing.

It will be a good test to show just how big a part reputation plays in the scoring.

I am BEYOND disappointed.

Maybe her injury played into that. But who knows maybe it just needs to develop more. The problem this year is that almost everybody has cloned P/C in their FD including P/C and I'm not sure if right now they're the most impressive of the bunch. Currently I prefer the SD.

On another note why has this judging system made originality almost obsolete? Sigh.:palmf:

Last edited:

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
Maybe her injury played into that. But who knows maybe it just needs to develop more. The problem this year is that almost everybody has cloned P/C in their FD including P/C and I'm not sure if right now they're the most impressive of the bunch. Currently I prefer the SD.

On another note why has this judging system made originality almost obsolete? Sigh.:palmf:

Eh, the same thing happened after Torvill and Dean's Bolero FD. :drama: and ending programs by flopping to the ice in the agonies of death throes were so ubiquitous that they had to pass a rule to stop it.

This too shall pass. Like a kidney stone.

keasus

On the Ice

It will be a good test to show just how big a part reputation plays in the scoring.I am BEYOND disappointed.

You are a brave poster, Weakankles. I had the same impression of the FD and was feeling guilty that I found it so underwhelming. P/C are very good skaters, but I am finding them a bit one-note right now. But, you are probably right about the reputation judging. I just see too much of the same-old-same-old in both their SD and FD.

bramweld

Record Breaker
Eh, the same thing happened after Torvill and Dean's Bolero FD. :drama: and ending programs by flopping to the ice in the agonies of death throes were so ubiquitous that they had to pass a rule to stop it.

This too shall pass. Like a kidney stone.

:rofl2:

NicolettaL

Final Flight
One important question. Why we copying discusion from P/C fan thread here word by word? There is no sense in that