2016 JGP St Gervais Ladies FS | Page 8 | Golden Skate

2016 JGP St Gervais Ladies FS

robinhood

Rinkside
I share the feelings about the Russian girl's scores. Even though she landed everything, I question some of those jump rotations and her skating skills needs much to be improved, specially after seeing the Japanese girls.
She is very young with a lot of potential, but they are inflating her scores already to sky limits

hugo

On the Ice
I'am really happy of Zagitik win. Brave girl ! She deserved the win. Notice: she started under pressure as the last, defending the first place. This is not obvious thing for such young girl (first time on the competition abroad)

mcq

Record Breaker
I checked her protocol, Zagitova is not actually wildly overscored since she has almost 0 GOE for those jumps with a bit forward landing. She s the clear winner that is for sure and I think what she has done is impressive. Her score would be monstrous if she fixes her landings. Just that... I really don't know what to feel with a free program with ALL jumps in the second half.

bluelutz

On the Ice
Ashley Kim is good. Surprise discovery for me this season, but I think Yelim is smoother.

It is not easy to medal @Yokohama for Yelim either.
Marin, Kaori, Alisa, Sofia, these are all strong skaters,
and judgng with her performance so far, I think Mako is a better skater than Yelim.
For her to get qualified to go to the final is pretty much Zero unfortunately,
because she has to win @Yokohama.

Last edited:

Tolstoj

Record Breaker
I checked her protocol, Zagitova is not actually wildly overscored since she has almost 0 GOE for those jumps with a bit forward landing. She s the clear winner that is for sure and I think what she has done is impressive. Her score would be monstrous if she fixes her landings. Just that... I really don't know what to feel with a free program with ALL jumps in the second half.

Exactly, this program done cleanly is easily over 70 points on the TES.

sunnystars

#teamotherskaters
Record Breaker
and judgng with her performance so far, I think Mako is a better skater than Yelim.

time for Korea to start switching around who goes where then :laugh:

sailormoon

On the Ice
Country
Japan
Alina Zagitova's combined score (194.37) was close to Polina Tsurskaya's world record (195.28) from the last season. Zagitova concentrated all jumps in the second half of the program just like Evgenia Medvedeva did in the short at the senior level to garner extra points. Zagitova made a balance check at the very end of the long program, which was the only visible mistake. Kaori Sakamoto stepped out of two jumps but her overall performance was elegant.

1. Alina Zagitova (RUS) 194.37
2. Kaori Sakamoto (JPN) 178.86
3. Rin Nitaya (JPN) 175.01

Last edited:

Sugarpova

#EmpressAirlines #SinKatsapologist
Record Breaker
just watched Alina
Yeah pretty much agree about frantic etc + she wasnt really memorable for me to be an instant fan of hers. But its room for improvement. We'll see

I'd be a fan of a skater that is a mix of Polina & Alina:biggrin:

mcq

Record Breaker
Exactly, this program done cleanly is easily over 70 points on the TES.

I just wish someone would talk to Eteri to calm down a bit on the backloading (like maybe put 1-2 jumps in the first half??). The program and performance would probably look nicer and more balanced and it won't be so taxing on the skaters. It would result in higher GOEs and PCS and the score would have been more or less the same but the impression on the program and the skater as a whole will be much better :slink:

sneakers

Match Penalty

its called code whoring
blame the IJS. :slink:

mcq

Record Breaker
Alina Zagitova's combined score (194.37) was close to Polina Tsurskaya's world record (195.28) from the last season. Zagitova concentrated all jumps in the second half of the program just like Evgenia Medvedeva did at the senior level and she made a balance check at the very end of the long program, which was the only visible mistake. Kaori Sakamoto stepped out of two jumps but her overall performance was elegant.

1. Alina Zagitova (RUS) 194.37
2. Kaori Sakamoto (JPN) 178.86
3. Rin Nitaya (JPN) 175.01

pretty sure Medvedeva has 2 jumps in the first half for her FP

yyyskate

Record Breaker
Have to agree on that...

sneakers

Match Penalty
okay I give up... I'll get some chocolate ice cream and watch a Sasha Proklova marathon, while crying over the fact she got injured so badly:slink:

Im having withdrawal symptoms now...
Proklova :sad21:, and that tiny red dress also looked like Proklova's + the music

Kuan

Final Flight

Did you check her PCS? Skaters can be overscored on PCS as well. 4 points higher than Rin and Kaori. That is not right, sorry. Of course she deserved to win, but 126 is overscored. Marin Hondas beautiful skated freeskate at junior worlds also got 126. And IMO Zagitova is nowhere near Marin (even with 100% of the jumps in second half and rippons everywhere).