2016 Nebelhorn Short Dance | Page 5 | Golden Skate

2016 Nebelhorn Short Dance

uhh

Medalist
I think they felt discouraged to try something new after 2014/15 season a little...

The problem with 2014/15 wasn't that they were doing something different, it was that they were completely undertrained when the GP started. I wish they had stuck with the original version of Danse Macabre, and they'd had been in better shape for the start of the season. They could have easily held off C/B for a 2nd world medal if the season had run more smoothly from the start.

Snow63

Pray one day we'll open our eyes.
Record Breaker
The problem with 2014/15 wasn't that they were doing something different, it was that they were completely undertrained when the GP started. I wish they had stuck with the original version of Danse Macabre, and they'd had been in better shape for the start of the season. They could have easily held off C/B for a 2nd world medal if the season had run more smoothly from the start.

They said themself that they were not comfortable in the original version.

semosk8tfan

Medalist
Country
United-States
After watching these SDs it really makes Hubbell and Donohue's SD from last week seem like a hot mess. They have some thinking and work to do IMO

icedance

On the Ice
OMG that SD of Anna and Luca was awesome!! They are so lovely together.
Yeah, they didn't do hip hop, but who cares? For example Papadakis/Cizeron never take risk and they're two time world champions. So I'm happy for Anna and Luca's "safe" SD. It's so polished.

uhh

Medalist
They said themself that they were not comfortable in the original version.

I mean, no one is going to be super comfortable with a program at the beginning of the season - especially when they clearly aren't ready to compete. It's the same as Joubert, when he would occasionally try something new, there would be flashes of potential but it would still need work, and instead of pushing himself, he'd just go back to The Matrix or James Bond again :rofl:. But I suppose fans value variety & innovation more than the judges do.

tulosai

Record Breaker
I really enjoy these two and their programs- so light and fun and enjoyable! That lift was super cool too...

Crossover

All Hail the Queen
Record Breaker
I'm torn over the choice between this SD group 2 and Slovenian JGP Ladies SP....:biggrin:

The first group here is so crowded with the stars.

However I'm happy to see Olivier these days whenever his students compete.

Last edited:

Idontsk8

On the Ice
Are videos already available somewhere? Missed the first group except for C/B and the team that danced to Adele. Loved C/B, Madison really killed it!

skylark

Gazing at a Glorious Great Lakes sunset
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Loved the yellow dress/ blue belt with blue shirt/ yellow suspenders!

Snow63

Record Breaker
I mean, no one is going to be super comfortable with a program at the beginning of the season - especially when they clearly aren't ready to compete. It's the same as Joubert, when he would occasionally try something new, there would be flashes of potential but it would still need work, and instead of pushing himself, he'd just go back to The Matrix or James Bond again :rofl:. But I suppose fans value variety & innovation more than the judges do.

I don't know, I've read that interview with them some time ago where they explained why it went bad, and one of the reasons if I remember correctly was that they didn't even like that dance because it was so out of their usual style, they didn't even want to train it at times :)
Unfortunately there's no such criteria as variety & innovation for judges. Because some teams recycling everything from season to season, starting from overall mood of their dances to same patterns for their step sequences step by step, not to mention lifts and twizzles.

tulosai

Record Breaker
That sort of bored me, sorry to say... really awesome entry to the lift though.

Crossover

All Hail the Queen
Record Breaker
Whoever you're, this Elvis program is another pleasure for me.

I feel like I made a good choice to stick with the event.

EDIT: Elliana POGREBINSKY / Alex BENOIT

Last edited:

Snow63

Record Breaker
It seems like everyone can twizzle properly now, except Katsalapov... :slink:

Last edited:

tulosai

Record Breaker
I liked that better than most of their past programs for sure... it was fun :)