2016 Rostelecom Cup Short Dance | Page 10 | Golden Skate

2016 Rostelecom Cup Short Dance

Jammers

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
LOL at these scores. It shows it's in Russia. They wont get as much for the rest of the season. 37 PCS, are you serious ? It's slow as hell. Tech mark is also ridicoulous.

Well of course it's high its COR. There is a reason skaters hate going to this GP. The judging has always been highly suspect when it comes to the Russians here.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
B/S may have my favorite blues section of the SD so far. It's sexy and sultry and what you want a blues to be. But I remain TOTALLY UNCONVINCED that those two pieces work together. It's such a weld job.

It'll be close.

Yeah, agree on the blues. And yes...on the music blend---I was trying to figure out how the heck you would dance to Sing Sing Sing after a steamy night. Anyway, better not to think too hard about it. :)

sk8dc

On the Ice
Because I am focusing so much on edges this year, I have really started to notice the heels of skaters boots. Madison Chock and Jean-Luc Baker skate with "high heels" while others like Kaitlyn Hawayek have "short heels". Not only does the height vary but so does the thickness. Weird how I only noticed it this year but now I am obsessed!
JeanLuc's are high because he wears lifts to make him look taller than his partner.

Nathan13

Medalist
Oh god, are WeaPo even going to make the GPF?!? :sad21:

They are against the Shibs at CoC, so I don't see them beating them even clean (sorry). They need a 2nd here to be competitive...Although, I think there will be a lot of teams going 2-3 (Gilles Poirer, maybe Bobrova/Soloviev, maybe Hubbell/Donohue), so it's going to come down to the points.

Idontsk8

On the Ice
ESP PT laides are saying that WeaPo came to play the field and not really to make a good result and despite the program being fun they need to work super hard.

rollerblade

Record Breaker
B/S may have my favorite blues section of the SD so far. It's sexy and sultry and what you want a blues to be. But I remain TOTALLY UNCONVINCED that those two pieces work together. It's such a weld job.

No one has welded a good enough music combo this year for me... except Anna and Luca. They all felt very disconnect. I don't know why.

gravy

¿No ven quién soy yo?
Record Breaker
Tiffany had such a hard time getting released to Russia. It probably would've been easier for Jonathan to get released to France and have a chance of actually being put on a World/Olympic team.

ancientpeas

The Notorious SEW
Record Breaker
Is it just me or do these two pieces of music seem.. totally not a good fit?

And if I saw their last names I would say they were American. I'd never guess Russian. Interesting.

The first song might be a bit too risque. I have no problem with it but.. it's definitely dirty.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
What's G/P's second assignmemt?

Trophee de France next week.

B/S PCS is high -- but they are not a SLOW team. They are pretty fast actually. It's one of those you have to see them live things.

Lota

Record Breaker
Yeah, the score for B/S is a little high, but even TAT said, we're in Russia :laugh: Honestly, I felt they were undermarked at SA, so I'm ok with the score, especially since Americans were marked just as high at SA and Canadians - at SC.