2016 Skate Canada Short Dance | Page 18 | Golden Skate

2016 Skate Canada Short Dance

Ares

Record Breaker
Country
Poland
I don't mind the odd music - I really enjoyed Stepanova / Bukin dance :) I think that change of the rhythms to current ones is really good for entertainment, makes SD more versatile too. :biggrin: I was little bit fatigued by all those soppy, samey waltzes :slink:

Last edited:

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
S/B in fifth. Yeah, that's fair. Snow, you're right--she has stiff knees. He has a personality on ice that just scrams, Yes, I'm totally adorable.

All in all, pretty fair judging methinks. And an enjoyable competition.

SarahSynchro

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Holy crap, this has been a looooong day. And we still have the men's short! :bed: I need a caffeine injection.

Last edited:

apple123

On the Ice
Are you a fan, weakankles? Because every time you opened your mouth, negetivity dripped out. Forgive me for thinking the opposite.

Last edited:

Ares

Record Breaker
Country
Poland
Holy crap, this has been a looooong day. And we still have the men's short! :bed: I need a caffeine injection.

It's 3 AM here in Poland :drama: :laugh: I guess I have to be a pretty special case to watch this right now (I am a guy too :biggrin: ) and not from the country where figure skating is popular.

Last edited:

Osmond4gold

Record Breaker
And frankly the CTV commentary is rapidly becoming a bit of a bore. I want to see Ice Dance, not the Tessa & Scott show (and I say this as a MAJOR Voir fan).

It's called filler WeakAnkles. What other country is showing 8 hours of figure skating on a major network, on a Friday in October. ;)

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
V/M ahead by just 1 point. Makes you wonder what marks they'd get outside of Canada.......

olayolay

On the Ice
Chock/Bates being anywhere near Virtue/Moir is just ridiculous. Their blues pattern was practically unwatchable. Madi couldn't find an edge with a search party.

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
It's called filler WeakAnkles. What other country is showing 8 hours of figure skating on a major network on a Friday in October. ;)

But you could do filler, Osmond4gold, while looking at the discipline AS A WHOLE, not just The Tessa & Scott Are Back! And! Better! Than! Ever! show. This a terrific cross-section of ice dance teams, but you'd never know that from CTV.

Lota

Record Breaker
It's 3 AM here in Poland :drama: :laugh: I guess I have to be pretty special case to watch this right now (I am a guy too :biggrin: ) and not from the country where figure skating is popular.

4 AM in Lithuania... The troubles we go through, right? :laugh:

Matt K

On the Ice
C/B should be in 4th place. Their PCS is actually quite low though, even if I think it should be even lower. They both are not strong skaters and ice dancers.

humbaba

Final Flight
I like this sd. This is my favourite hip hop sd. I really like the transition before the twizzles, the hip hop part and the final move. One bad thing for me it's that I tried to watch him but my eyes go back to madi all the time.

The transition into Chock/Bates' twizzles is incredible. It's one of my favorite ice dance moves this season.

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
Are you a fan, weakankles? Because every time you opened your mouth, negetivity dripped out. Forgive me for thinking the opposite.[/QUOTE

Oh I see, you're one of the "If it isn't UNQUALIFIED UBER PRAISE then it's nothing but negativity."

Whatever.