2017 Autumn Classic Intl SD | Page 10 | Golden Skate

2017 Autumn Classic Intl SD

ancientpeas

The Notorious SEW
Record Breaker
a few thoughts as i just watched some teams (was working today)

Tessa and Scott : wow... this SD is awesome... I love the costumes too... Tessa with that hair !!! WOW!!! the program was exactly what i imagined in terms of music cuts... when they revealed their choices.. many people were dubious.. i knew they would bring the "latin flair" versions of the songs and create a super smooth soundscape... LOVED it....

Weapo : I reserve the right to judge after their first GP... this dance is not ready and doesn't showcase them as much as it should... however, the elegance, the costumes... i adored... I just wished there was a bit more flair and glamour in here.... they have done it, they can do it. Twizzles mistakes or not, this is NOT the appropriate vehicle to get them in the final flight at the Olympics. I am sure the FD is glorious so I hope this SD will get rehauled.

Piper and Paul : OMG I LOVE YOU GUYS! I am speechless. I adored it.. it was one of the most entertaining short dance I have seen in a long time. They are mesmerizing in their interpretation. Loved it.. and loved the outfits.

My favourite quebec-danes : sigh for the fall. you were both so gorgeous though... hope the FD is great tomorrow. I will be in the house cheering for all these gorgeous men (and of course for Adria too!!!! ) and ladies.

you liked Kaitlyn's costume? I found it strange and she is obviously uncomfortable with the middrift thing. She keeps yanking at it in practice. The costume did not feel very latin to me. If I can picture Anna C. wearing it last year then.. but maybe I'm just in a bad mood. This is possible. I have personal crud going on right now.

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Weaver & Poirier--I really just want to put her in a slinky, mature red dress and let her perform that same program to see how it would impact me differently. It seems to me that the opening music is mature, and this is really their strength; but the costume feels too 50's high school and distracted me. Plus the twizzles. W&P need some time, and I'll look forward to watching it with fresh eyes live at SC.
They reminded me of Torvill & Dean when they went for a 50's soda shop rock n roll look for their 1983 rock n roll OSP. The similarity is quite strong. And I found that association very distracting, too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fEHsR679g1M

Last edited:

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
V/M is wonderfully sizzling! Thoroughly captivating from the start.

As I watched video of V/M first, the teams that follow become a bit boring and disappointing. W/P lacks energy and verve and they need to change the costumes. Not only are they bland but they also blend right into each other and the white ice and the white boards. Get kaitlyn into something bright and sexy and pep up the choreography!

SarahSynchro

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Did I watch the same V/M program as some of you guys? :confused:

Perhaps my Canadian-ness is showing :)rolleye:), but holy guacamole, everything about that free dance gave me life. :love::yahoo::bow: Today I finally got the chance to catch up on all the videos from the weekend, and I've already watched Tessa and Scott's SD about fifteen times.

Ares

Record Breaker
Country
Poland
V/M wow, when they announced their music, music far from latin music, I thought that they had a great idea about the program, not a latin one, but a great program anyway. I was wrong, sorry but it is not a good program :slink:, it seems just like a bunch of movements without sense/purpose, and it is not latin, but it is not rock either :unsure: :scratch2:, and it is definitely OTT. Anyway, I don´t think they need a great program to win.

W/P I like the program but I was surprised how sloppy they were. With more practice and better costumes it will be great.

P/G I like it, I don´t love it yet, but probably later. I think they have made it clear that they are characters when they are skating. I would like watch them in a more natural program just for once, but I really appreciate how much thinking they put in their programs. They are never boring.

S/D, better than last competition, Olivia moves really well in the dancing, honestly, I was surprised that two of the girls who in my opinion move better and more naturally in the Latin rhythm are a British girl and a Japanese girl, that will teach me not to prejudge :eek::.

M/C not their day :eek:hwell:

I know ... I am late but I just finished watching V/M SD from Autumn Classic and damn it's very tacky :slink: Also Tessa is much better than him right now, he struggles to keep up with her at times. I am Virtue / Moir uber since their Prince SD but this one is just wrong.

I only liked their strong upper body movement here but even that is bit too over the top for me.

beki

Medalist
The thing about the Prince SD was that it was legendary even from the first viewing. A high bar. This one, not so much. I agree it's tacky. But it can follow the normal process of improving over the season.

I know most people prefer Latin pattern years, but overall I enjoyed last year more. So many cringeworthy SDs this year. It's like Strictly Ballroom without any sense of irony.