2017 Autumn Classic Intl SD | Page 8 | Golden Skate

2017 Autumn Classic Intl SD

LadyB

Record Breaker
Just watched Piper & Paul. I think it's fab! A typical G/P number, great stuff!!! :laugh:

jemmabrie17

Rinkside
Lorraine and Quinn - yay really nice skate for them. they really seem to enjoy skating this program and it shows in the elements. I love Lorraine's charisma, she just got attitude in spades. they seem to be on a roll with program already. I agree, they are a great partnership. oh US national is going to be quite the spectacle this year. the next quadrennial is going to be interesting for the americans in terems of national placement and results

Laurence and Nikolaj - love the vibe that these two create in this program it's smooth and sultry. Really too bad about the fall on the twizzles. They recovered like true pros though. the rest of the elements looked good to me. the overall technique is looking good for early in the season.

Tessa and Scott - Holy cow, that was so magnetic. I personally found the music transitions to work really well. they were so in tune with one another, so close together, while staying compact, the edges were stunning. good twizzles, though Scott's still losing it a bit on the last twizzle. I like the lift bit they looked a tad careful with it. I'm not finding it to be frantic, but I hope they can work on the hold position of it a bit more, I think it would maximize the affect of the lift in a more ascetic way. it looks really refined technically already. wow. even down to the smallest details .Towards the ending the seemed to start thinking a bit so I think there is room for improvement with this. but very good skate to start their season with.

All things considered this was a very strong short dance for almost every team. what a great way to start the competition. hopefully the Long Dance can go just as well for everyone.:)

TangoTraumatica

On the Ice
Piper/Paul – loved Piper's dress, and actually quite enjoyed the program. I'm rooting for them to beat WeaPo in at least the SD at nationals.

WeaPo – Hate the costumes. Don't love the program. Found Kaitlyn's hair distracting. The sexual elements don't work for me because Kaitlyn is so over the top, and Andrew is much more subdued.

Olivia/Adria – I just love this team. I love their material, and I love their skating quality. Their expression is very well-matched, and she has improved by leaps and bounds.

Danish – Actually really enjoyed the program, love their take on the music requirements. Shame about the twizzle, but EXTREMELY impressed with how quickly she recovered, and how little it affected the rest of her performance. I see them moving up this year.

Tessa/Scott – SO happy. I genuinely hated the program when I saw it in practice, but seeing it done full-out, I am incredibly impressed. I liked the no-hold step sequence, the lift was way better (though I do wish they'd do a new one), and the program in general really does work. YAY!

auser

Record Breaker
I love this program. The only concern I have is the ending: the lift is too frantic and the "almost kiss" is unnecessary.
And Tessa needs to tone down something: very dark hair, high neck blingy and dark costume, a ton of makeup, she looks a bit overwhelmed.
I was thinking "Oh no they have given Tessa tarantula eyes(that look where women have eyelash extensions with a lot of mascara and other eye makeup)" :laugh:

yyyskate

Record Breaker
Tessa and Scott- I love, LOVE the choreo, the body movements but the music cuts are so jarring. I really hope they revise it at some point because everything else about this program is great. I was initially iffy about the clothing but man, both of them rocked in it.
And their rhumba section....smooth like butter :love:
agree with every word!

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
FWIW, it seems Tessa likes to experiment for the Senior B but then eventually tones it down for the GP. Do you guys remember the super frilly dress for the Prince SD? I'm hoping there will be adjustments for the next competition. :)

bramweld

Record Breaker
What are the scores? :) And yeah what was Morozov smoking when he did this SD? Did he do the choreography? Or did they actually go outside to someone else? Why didn't they just beg Carmelengo to do it? :(

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
FWIW, it seems Tessa likes to experiment for the Senior B but then eventually tones it down for the GP. Do you guys remember the super frilly dress for the Prince SD? I'm hoping there will be adjustments for the next competition. :)

Hmm, I'm not sure if I'm talking to you after you brought back the memory of Bobrova's Halloween Latin Dress. I had spent YEARS repressing it and you brought it all back!!!!

Just kidding, kiddo, you know I loves ya. :)

Yes, Tessa tends to go through several looks a season, so I'm sure this one is, as they say, for the history book.

pearly

Record Breaker
1 Tessa VIRTUE / Scott MOIR CAN 79.96 1
2 Kaitlyn WEAVER / Andrew POJE CAN 69.32 2
3 Piper GILLES / Paul POIRIER CAN 68.80 3
4 Lorraine MCNAMARA / Quinn CARPENTER USA 62.00 4
5 Olivia SMART / Adria DIAZ ESP 61.68 5
6 Marie-Jade LAURIAULT / Romain LE GAC FRA 58.80 6
7 Laurence FOURNIER BEAUDRY / Nikolaj SORENSEN DEN 54.90 7
8 Celia ROBLEDO / Luis FENERO ESP 51.82 8
9 Nicole KUZMICHOVA / Alexandr SINICYN CZE 49.08 9

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
Dang....levels killed McNamara/Carpenter's score. :(

Yeah I'm not surprised. It all seemed slight off kilter to me. Which is why I didn't have an immediate response to their program.

It wasn't the immediate Hey Okayyyyyyyyyyy that the Parsons' got out of me.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Hmm, I'm not sure if I'm talking to you after you brought back the memory of Bobrova's Halloween Latin Dress. I had spent YEARS repressing it and you brought it all back!!!!

Just kidding, kiddo, you know I loves ya. :)

Yes, Tessa tends to go through several looks a season, so I'm sure this one is, as they say, for the history book.

Ha, sorry to traumatize you! Only brought it back to say "Look how far she's come..." That was during my peak B/S hatin' days, especially when they beat my beloved ShibSibs.

Anyway, I will express optimism that she will move on. It was like HER version of Halloween Latin with all the black. Please, Tessa -- COLOR. :)

Yeah I'm not surprised. It all seemed slight off kilter to me. Which is why I didn't have an immediate response to their program.

It wasn't the immediate Hey Okayyyyyyyyyyy that the Parsons' got out of me.

I will try to refrain from comparing the TES cause you know different panels, but yeah, Parsons definitely stood out performance wise for me. I think Lorraine and Quinn had the extroverted Latin feel but it definitely lacked the polish we saw with the Parsons.

Last edited:

Ic3Rabbit

Former Elite, now Pro. ⛸️
Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
All I have to say about Tessa and Scott's SD is :yahoo::luv17:

sammyott

Rinkside
While Tessa and Scott can sell any program because they're just freaking so good, I didn't love the program. Enjoyed Piper and Paul's more; probably my favorite music choices.

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
Ha, sorry to traumatize you! Only brought it back to say "Look how far she's come..." That was during my peak B/S hatin' days, especially when they beat my beloved ShibSibs.

Anyway, I will express optimism that she will move on. It was like HER version of Halloween Latin with all the black. Please, Tessa -- COLOR. :)

Oh I know. It was the almost the apex of the Hump Shlumped Over Days (the zenith--a term I am most definitely using ironically in this case--of which is that crones/witches FD done in rags). Amazing what better posture can do for ya in dance.

Yes, well the Parsons do need to LATIN it up more. But ti was more polished and spot on. M/C need to work on their tech. They've lost some technique since two years ago. Growing pains.

Emilia12

Rinkside
Surprisingly WeaPo were my favorite SD of the night. They still have tons of work on it but looks great already. GP didn't do it for me, they are trying way too much, and the music cuts are really odd.
Lorraine and Quinn showed a lot of promise, hopefully things will go better at the FD.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Yes, well the Parsons do need to LATIN it up more. But ti was more polished and spot on. M/C need to work on their tech. They've lost some technique since two years ago. Growing pains.

Pretty good assessment. And the loss of technique is more noticeable since the Parsons really upped theirs during the same period.

olayolay

On the Ice
Surprisingly WeaPo were my favorite SD of the night. They still have tons of work on it but looks great already. GP didn't do it for me, they are trying way too much, and the music cuts are really odd.
Lorraine and Quinn showed a lot of promise, hopefully things will go better at the FD.

Surprisingly? You're a Weapo uber lol...