2017 GP Rostelecom Cup Free Dance | Page 11 | Golden Skate

2017 GP Rostelecom Cup Free Dance

Barb

Record Breaker
well skated but I am sick of this music, I could not enjoy the program enough.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
That dance was beautiful, but to be honest I don't feel much more than that. I don't know how to explain it. Also while there are some lovely elements, there are a lot of open holds in the step sequences....

Giselle

Medalist
Charlene GUIGNARD / Marco FABBRI skating to music that's so last year as per usual...It's amazing what Barbara Fusar Poli has managed to do with this team!

bramweld

Record Breaker
The Shibs had better win this, pretty please. I am just really mad right now. SHIBS FOR THE GOLD!!

auser

Record Breaker
Can we add Exogenesis Symphony Part III by Muse to the war pony music list? Maybe I'm just getting overtired

matcha

Medalist
It's weird to see them skate something so "conventional". Not bad weird, just different. They skated well though, music aside.

Kinga

Medalist
I can't get the Italians. To me it is always a lot of rushed movements. And that's it.

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
I love G/P but what are they going for in this program. Is he a PI and she a femme fatale? Is he meeting up with her for a rendezvous at a smoky joint? I'm trying to figure out the storyline because this music needs some point of view. Is Paul supposed to be cool and aloof and then passionate as the program goes on? I'm not getting it.

Clearly you are all not old enough to remember Perry Mason!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PA9t1nSGXXE

not clear whether Paul is Perry or Paul.Drake, but Piper is clearly the Seductive possibly villainous or (possibly not villainous) lady.

Paul Drake is the guy in the checked coat.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IXv_ceZrWQ4

Dress clearly meant to be an apppropriate period piece. Since Perry was a thing in various guises from the 30's to the 70's, you get to guess which period.

This dance is better than it was at Autumn Classic, grades or no grades.

Love the creativity of the moves.

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
There's elements of the program I like for sure, but I agree with you that I'm not sure of the full theme they're going for other than it's suppose to be film noir.

I think that maybe the point of using this 'film noir' convention, without the words, is to create some picture, emotion out there and to leave more 'open' interpretation? I do think though that more definition of characters on ice will give more depth and shape to the music, but the whole design has to 'sit' comfortably and confidently in terms on execution. They've taken some major risks with those lifts especially, but I adore this sensual aura of unsaid piece of the story they want to re-act out there

Andrea82

Medalist
Very close between Gilles/Poirier and Guignard/Fabbri. The Canadians lead in both segments by less than one point.

In the FS they gave higher PCS to G/F by a very narrow margin