2017 GP Skate Canada Short Dance | Page 20 | Golden Skate

2017 GP Skate Canada Short Dance

Cherry blossom

Match Penalty
HOLY HELL. Go Madz and Sach. :hap10: Didn't like it at all at the US Classics but it was fiyah here.

Still in it, scores virtually identical save for the deduction. Audience reaction understandably lukewarm because of the competition they bring against WeaPo.

So happy madz and sach are 5th<3

LaArdilla

Medalist
HOOOOOOW aren't Maddie and Zach second here? WeaPo were fine I guess, but come on now! It was a proper latin dance!

andromache

Record Breaker
And with 'Je Suis Malade' as their FP, they should be close to a podium finish.

Wait, they're going back to that??

(Good for them, I guess...but do we really have to bring the program repetition to ice dance :drama: ....at least my darling pairs have not yet been infected with the ho hums.)

SnowWhite

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Missed WeaPo, but at least they got new costumes. Thank god.

Love H/D. Shame they're going to get hosed here no matter what.

We'll see how the FD goes. In their last outings, H/D's FD was sublime and sexy and WeaPo were kind of a hot mess. I'm sure WeaPo will have upped their game by now though.

I mean, they would have been ~0.3 behind W/P if not for the violation, and W/P were way way better than at ACI. I'm no judge or tech caller, but they seemed pretty even to me (and H/D are one of my fav teams, so I'm not just being Canadian here).

And Weapo have a different FD now, so we'll see how it goes.

TontoK

Hot Tonto
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
V/M are certainly the class of the field. They'll kill the French.

I preferred H/D here, but they are my favorites and I don't particularly enjoy W/P, so take that for what it's worth.

I'm always confused by time violations. Aren't the music cuts timed properly and announced at the practices?

Or maybe they moved before their cue. I think the time starts when the skate moves, not when the music starts. It looked as though they ended on time.

Purv

Match Penalty

I preferred H/D here, but they are my favorites and I don't particularly enjoy W/P, so take that for what it's worth.

I'm always confused by time violations. Aren't the music cuts timed properly and announced at the practices?

Or maybe they moved before their cue. I think the time starts when the skate moves, not when the music starts. It looked as though they ended on time.

Why they will kill the frech?If w/p got here almost 78 , french would get here over 80

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker

Edited: Never mind...

Last edited:

Cherry blossom

Match Penalty

I just don't see anyone else even coming close especially with there SD's. V/M will take it all this season.

labgoat

Working on Costumes contest & REWATCHES
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Ben likes H/D calls it strong and hot. Says they live their programs - so emotionally invested that they get lost in program and mistakes creep in. Also buttery , clean , confident. I liked the Latin feel of this more than W/P. Too long in lift. I loved it. Battle of the blonds with W/P.

Ares

Record Breaker
Country
Poland
HOLY HELL. Go Madz and Sach. :hap10: Didn't like it at all at the US Classic but it was fiyah here.

Still in it, scores virtually identical save for the deduction. Audience reaction understandably lukewarm because of the competition they bring against WeaPo.

WeaPo were awesome! Like their program more than Virtue & Moir's actually... :drama:

Weaver / Poje were my favourite today. Beautiful, sensual & fresh take on Latin theme. Even Andrew's twizzles were ok!

Virtue / Moir skated the hell out of it, have very intense & busy movement, choreography but I am not in love yet with it. Scott expressions were awesome and he did not allow to be eclipsed by Tessa today. Hubbell / Donahue were so crisp, this is the first time I've seen them skating so well in October. Madison's choctaw is simply incredible, and Zachary moves like cat.

Anyasnake

Record Breaker
H/D got time violation ? for what ? They started less than 30 sec after they were called, and time violation isn't for exended lifts. Can someone explain it to me ?