2017 GP Skate Canada Short Dance | Page 21 | Golden Skate

2017 GP Skate Canada Short Dance

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
Ben likes H/D calls it strong and hot. Says they live their programs - so emotionally invested that they get lost in program and mistakes creep in. Also buttery , clean , confident. I liked the Latin feel of this more than W/P. Too long in lift. I loved it. Battle of the blonds with W/P.

Only the blonds?

GGFan

Record Breaker
Is this an aberration or are W/P really back in the conversation for a medal? I don't think their PCS will be quite this high at other competitions.

TontoK

Hot Tonto
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Why they will kill the frech?If w/p got here almost 78 , french would get here over 80

V/M and P/C are the best two teams in the world currently.

Of the two, V/M are MILES ahead. I knew when V/M returned, the French would be shoved off the top of the podium.

The only team that could provide a proper challenge for V/M would be Davis and White in their prime.

No current team is even in the conversation.

That's only my opinion, of course. Others are entitled to their own incorrect views.

GGFan

Record Breaker

Of the two, V/M are MILES ahead. I knew when V/M returned, the French would be shoved off the top of the podium.

The only team that could provide a proper challenge for V/M would be Davis and White in their prime.

That's only my opinion, of course. Others are entitled to their own incorrect views.

I think Tessa and Scott kept the conversation open with their FD. We'll see how it develops but I do not think it was a wise choice by them.

Chemistry66

Mmmmm, tacos.
Record Breaker
It's probably for an extended lift, which means they did the lift for a second too long (6 secs is the lift time)

No, that would say "Extended lift"

Madi and Zach got a time violation. Here's the video. They started moving around 0:08/0:09 and ended at about 3:10/3:11. That would put them at 3 minutes and 1 second at the shortest, which is over the time limit of 2:50+/- 10 seconds (so 2:40 to 3:00)

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker

Madi and Zach got a time violation. Here's the video. They started moving around 0:08/0:09 and ended at about 3:10/3:11. That would put them at 3 minutes and 1 second at the shortest, which is over the time limit of 2:50+/- 10 seconds (so 2:40 to 3:00)

Yeah, I edited my post after looking at the protocals.

Purv

Match Penalty

I know how it works, but theres FD. And canadians only competed in Canada this season. And french got 78 in Finlandia already .If there will be no more difference than 2,1.5 points ,then could be the winners.

Anyasnake

Record Breaker

...Are you joking ? :palmf:

I'm not going to lie. W/P were great. But I felt H/D were better.
Question for the ages : is there really a 5-point difference between W/P and V/M ? For THIS performance, today ? I would go with way more.

TontoK

Hot Tonto
Record Breaker
Country
United-States

Thanks for the explanation.

Jedi

On the Ice
I think Tessa and Scott kept the conversation open with their FD. We'll see how it develops but I do not think it was a wise choice by them.

I agree. I think it is game over and the French will win. V and M have not done well in the fs against the French and relied upon a good lead in the SD. That no longer is there. So the French are the faves. THe rules do not mark down the fact PC use the same kind of freeskate. I like V and M but I have a strong feeling the French have the OGM.

labgoat

Working on Costumes contest & REWATCHES
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Only the blonds?

Someone said W/P were a bit vanilla. Just wanted to point out both girls were referred to by Ben as smooth and sensual. The Latin stereotype is the fiery brunette. Nice to see an alternative for the fair haired gals. Which blond do you prefer is a matter of taste. No slight to Andrew or Zachary who are both awesome as well.

TontoK

Hot Tonto
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I know how it works, but theres FD. And canadians only competed in Canada this season. And french got 78 in Finlandia already .If there will be no more difference than 2,1.5 points ,then could be the winners.

Ice is slippery. Point taken.

But I think that if everyone skates their best, the gap between V/M and P/C is larger than the gap between P/C and the teams fighting for bronze.

Ice Diva

On the Ice

Don't count the French out -- they are incredible, and it's early in the season yet. IMO D/W could never challenge the V/M of today - only the French have the talent and beautiful skating to do that!

Anyasnake

Record Breaker
Can we NOT go V/M against P/C and vice-versa when ONLY ONE of them skate and NOT the other ? We'll see at GPF and the Olympics because scores difference are meaningless UNLESS you compete against one another. Check the PCS scores, the range of it, and the levels. Let's go back to Skate Canada please :thumbsup:

Purv

Match Penalty
Ice is slippery. Point taken.

But I think that if everyone skates their best, the gap between V/M and P/C is larger than the gap between P/C and the teams fighting for bronze.

Only in SD

labgoat

Working on Costumes contest & REWATCHES
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I feel some baggage was shed for both W/P and H/D. What a great rivalry.

Kutien

Final Flight
1Tessa VIRTUE / Scott MOIR CAN82.681video
2Kaitlyn WEAVER / Andrew POJE CAN77.472video
3Madison HUBBELL / Zachary DONOHUE USA76.083video
4Olivia SMART / Adria DIAZ ESP64.344video
5Kaitlin HAWAYEK / Jean-Luc BAKER USA63.105video
6Alla LOBODA / Pavel DROZD RUS62.606video
7Carolane SOUCISSE / Shane FIRUS CAN57.777video
8Kavita LORENZ / Joti POLIZOAKIS GER56.418video
9Natalia KALISZEK / Maksym SPODYRIEV POL55.929video
10Alisa AGAFONOVA / Alper UCAR TUR54.7410video

Last edited by a moderator:

SnowWhite

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
I agree. I think it is game over and the French will win. V and M have not done well in the fs against the French and relied upon a good lead in the SD. That no longer is there. So the French are the faves. THe rules do not mark down the fact PC use the same kind of freeskate. I like V and M but I have a strong feeling the French have the OGM.

Um what? That happened all of one time. They competed against each other three times last season, and V/M won 2/3 FD and all the SD. They lost the FD at Worlds with a mistake that lowered their GOE and PCS at least a bit, and possibly the level as well. The difference was 3 points. V/M had 2.46 fewer GOE points on that element than P/C, so they would likely have been basically even without the mistake. And the French make mistakes more often than they do. Nothing has shown us that P/C have some big FD advantage. Can P/C win they gold? Yes, but the idea that V/M are way behind in the free is inaccurate.