2017 JGP Brisbane Ladies SP | Page 18 | Golden Skate

2017 JGP Brisbane Ladies SP

[email protected]

Medalist
Record Breaker
Kinda Disagree, i thought the gap between Sasha Trusova and Nastya should have been higher although the placements in general are fair.

The transitions on Trusova's SP were crazy difficult, easily some of the most difficult in ladies figure skating (including seniors), i thought the 3Ltz was +3 worthy for the transitions in and out, the height and the rippon variation

I agree in principle and I pointed out that Gulyakova's transitions looked quite outdated (vs. Trusova, first of all). Trusova's getting lower score than Gulyakova for transitions looks indeed fishy which gives the right to say that she wuzrobbed by 0.5 - 0.7. But I would argue that overall quality of Gulyakova's jumps execution was quite high and Trusova was a bit shaky during the first half (without jumps). And she almost stopped at the end of her combo. If she professed 100% confidence right from the start she might have had 67-68. Anyway, what she needs is just to win this competition. She is the star here, no doubts. But let's wait for the FS - her 4S ambition that early into the season is quite risky. And the big competition is yet to show up.

One more thing I forgot to say is that overall skating of Canadian Aurora was quite strong and mature. Sad that jumps are not there.

Tolstoj

Record Breaker
I agree in principle and I pointed out that Gulyakova's transitions looked quite outdated (vs. Trusova, first of all). Trusova's getting lower score than Gulyakova for transitions looks indeed fishy which gives the right to say that she wuzrobbed by 0.5 - 0.7. But I would argue that overall quality of Gulyakova's jumps execution was quite high and Trusova was a bit shaky during the first half (without jumps). And she almost stopped at the end of her combo. If she professed 100% confidence right from the start she might have had 67-68. Anyway, what she needs is just to win this competition. She is the star here, no doubts. But let's wait for the FS - her 4S ambition that early into the season is quite risky. And the big competition is yet to show up.

One more thing I forgot to say is that overall skating of Canadian Aurora was quite strong and mature. Sad that jumps are not there.

I did rewatched Gulyakova's SP at JN and it was much more powerful, so maybe she was a little nervous and they decided to stay safe, it is also a difficult piece to skate. Great to see that she came almost out of nowhere, not from the usual clubs or the usual coaches.

Trusova doesn't need the 4S here especially with this close gap it might be a risky move, we'll see.

gkelly

Record Breaker
Out of the blue, but why did Su Bin Jeon receive a -1.10 in GOE for her clean 3Lz? :confused:

Just a guess: Maybe judges thought there were not enough preceding moves or too much of a gap between the moves and the jump to meet the jump-out-of-steps requirement?