2017 JGP Brisbane Ladies SP | Page 2 | Golden Skate

2017 JGP Brisbane Ladies SP

hippomoomin

Record Breaker
I just checked out TRUSOVA's Russian national performance, and think she may be this year's Zigitova. Her jumps are of high quality, and other aspects of her skating are not bad either. And she just turned 13!!!With Eteri school of training, I expect her consistency pretty good too.

tsuyoboogie

"Dedicate your heart" & Slay like an Ackerman
Record Breaker
Jr. Ladies SP start order: http://www.isuresults.com/results/season1718/jgpaus2017/SEG003.HTM

Good draw for Takino. Interested to see her PCS when compared to skaters from other countries and awarded by international judges. I personally find her charming. Hoping she'll skate two strong programs and charm the judges as well.

EDIT: Forgot she competed at Bavarian Open this past February.

Kara

Final Flight
I love the JGP! I really enjoy seeing the new talent and watching them progress. Following a skater's careeer from fresh on the scene JGP baby to newbie senior to world and Olympic medalist is so much fun as a fan. :)

I love it too despite all the heartbreak and heart attacks it gives me.

Fully expect Trusova to win it all with Gulyakova 2nd, but rooting for Akari Matsuoka to make it on the podium. She's from Kanto like Wakaba so I hope she does well here to secure her a 2nd JGP spot! Takino had a major meltdown in the Summer Cup in the FS after falling on her 3A so honestly I feel like she shouldn't risk it, but also secretly hoping to see a battle between 3A and 4S.:clap:

atsumiri

Record Breaker
from some practice reports:
Trusova
- Sasha Trusova is warming up her jumps. Great 2A3T and 3S
- Some crazy jump combos from Trusova including a "3F/3T half loop 3R/3T" :scratch2: and 3Lz3lo3lo and 3F3t3t
- Quad sal attempt from Sasha Trusova. Fall, but she is going for it in her practice session
- Trusova really attacked her run-through. A couple of little bobbles, but otherwise, she pumped out the triple jump combinations.
- Some close quad sal attempts from Sasha Trusova. She was definitely the star of her group.

Sackie

Medalist
Bad draw for Cotop - but better for both USA ladies. Not so bad if she does what she can and skates clean but when you skate that early any small errors are going to be worse.

Tolstoj

Record Breaker
Jr. Ladies SP start order: http://www.isuresults.com/results/season1718/jgpaus2017/SEG003.HTM

Good draw for Takino. Interested to see her PCS when compared to skaters from other countries and awarded by international judges. I personally find her charming. Hoping she'll skate two strong programs and charm the judges as well.

EDIT: Forgot she competed at Bavarian Open this past February.

I don't know how much the starting order counts in juniors.

Last year Alina received high marks in the SP at JGP St. Gervais and she was in the first or second group just like Alexandra Trusova.

I think it will be an interesting event this one: it's still very early in the season so don't expect many 3A or quads landed or even attempted.

The judging here might be interesting too: we saw in the previous seasons australian judges at international events going crazy sometimes with their 5 and 4s or even 3s out of nowhere. :laugh:

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Cotop skates between two lesser skaters, which will make her look that much better!

tsuyoboogie

"Dedicate your heart" & Slay like an Ackerman
Record Breaker

Last year Alina received high marks in the SP at JGP St. Gervais and she was in the first or second group just like Alexandra Trusova.

I think it will be an interesting event this one: it's still very early in the season so don't expect many 3A or quads landed or even attempted.

The judging here might be interesting too: we saw in the previous seasons australian judges at international events going crazy sometimes with their 5 and 4s or even 3s out of nowhere. :laugh:

The reason I mention start order in Riko's case is because IMO her strength is in presentation. According to fans who have seen her SP, the stsq is particularly impressive (though only level 2 at her last competition). Since she still tends to under rotate her jumps and get sloppy as she tires, it's important for her to skate a clean SP program and score as many points possible going into the FS. I believe IF she's able to impress after half the field have skated, the judges may be more generous with her PCS.
OT but same goes for Taichiro Yamakuma in Men's.

Shayuki

Record Breaker
Ugh. Could this be at any worse a time? It even is the first skate of the day...

Well, I guess I won't have to do so much waiting through the skaters I don't care so much about... Still enjoy the feeling of watching live / participating in the discussion, however. Oh well.

gkelly

Record Breaker

Surely less, because there are a lot of talented 13-year-olds making their international debuts.

Only one Australian judge per event.

I expect PCS in the 4s and 5s for the majority of junior skaters. 3s are not very rare on the JGP.

Medalists will usually score higher.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
So it will start Thursday at 2 pm in Brisbane, and that means Wednesday at 12 am for Eastern Time. I thought it must be 11 pm, but with the summer time it gets worse.

ok... so that's in a few hours... i will be here ;)

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
karne will also be here. Albeit high on cold medication. But here. Sort of.

cheerknithanson

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I can't wait for it to start! EEEEEE!!!!!! I can't wait to hear Ted Barton's commentary. I can't wait to see the future skate. I can't wait to see skating on livestreams. Back in action! And I already stay up past midnight EST, so no biggie.

hippomoomin

Record Breaker
Thanks to the exciting JGP, especially lady's competition in the past few years to keep me interested in figure skating. I am really jealous of football fans, who always have something to follow around. Being a figure skating fan is not easy, such short season and not so many competitions, videos, back stories...

Sabrina

Record Breaker
So it starts in roughly 20 minutes. I am so uncharacteristically sleepy, I need to do something like Mr Bean to keep my eyes open. It's the only reason I am happy Aurora skates in the first group. I would have liked a better position for her, but at least I can be sure I won't miss her beautiful Carmen. Good luck to all the girls!
Go Auroraaaaa!

cheerknithanson

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Thanks to the exciting JGP, especially lady's competition in the past few years to keep me interested in figure skating. I am really jealous of football fans, who always have something to follow around. Being a figure skating fan is not easy, such short season and not so many competitions, videos, back stories...

Good thing I like hockey, baseball, and basketball.

peese

Medalist
Good morning, afternoon and evening to all!!! It's been some time, but my cocktail is poured and I am ready to see some great skating. Go Aurora!!