2017 Ondrej Nepela Trophy Ice Dance FD | Page 2 | Golden Skate

2017 Ondrej Nepela Trophy Ice Dance FD

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
Okay, where did I put my Bic lighter?

;)

ETA: That actually was a pleasant surprise. It works better than I thought it would, probably because they kept the speed and flow up through the whole program. Good for them. Quirky choice.

auser

Record Breaker
There were parts of this program I really enjoyed, but I'm not sure if can understand the theme of it better from what they included from Stairway To Heaven or what they cut

Andrea82

Medalist
Allison Reed/SA

Good score

Minimum FS TES for Worlds easily achieved. They were 1.something shy of the minimum TES in the SD yesterday.

Snow63

Pray one day we'll open our eyes.
Record Breaker
It was like a russian team's dance. But I really appreciate Angelique's edgework, she's so good.

Edit: and cute ;)

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
Rough outing for A/T. Not my favorite take on this...but it did make me appreciate just how fine (and memorable) W/P's FD was.

Ice Dance

Record Breaker
Abachkina & Thauron. Oh no! About the fall on the final element. I like this program on them. Much better than the gypsy thing last year. A&T have beautiful lines and flow. Yikes for Louis's twizzle. (And I don't love the look of the leg sticking out in that final lift, though they performed it very well). But overall a very nice vehicle for them in their debut season. I think by the end of it they could leave an impression with it, so the the potential is there.

Mayumi1990

Rinkside
What Happened to Abachkina and Tauron?

I thought they had the potential to be something from last year but this program is so generic P/C

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
Ok this is mean of me, but doesn't it look like Mansour is wearing a tiny top hat? I'd rethink that 'do.

ETA: Ooh, they are seriously ticked off by their score.

nimi

Medalist
Cortney looks like a little ice fairy! She's delightful

ETA: aaaaand my stream froze :(

Andrea82

Medalist
Mansour/Ceska

currently third place

Similar score to that achieved last week by their rivals for Olympic qualification Torn/Partanen and Garabedian/Proulx-Senecal and 4 points higher than Mysliveckova/Csolley.

Reed/SA actually outscored all of them. But judging by the Isabella Tobias' saga in 2013/14, there shouldn't be much chance for Allison Reed to get Lithuanian citizenship (and there isn't any other Lithuanian duo to eventually use that spot).