2018 Autumn Classic Intl Ladies Free Skate | Page 19 | Golden Skate

2018 Autumn Classic Intl Ladies Free Skate

Seren

Wakabond Forever
Record Breaker
I'm not really worried about Evgenia. These competitions are about figuring out what works and doesn't work, with enough time to make adjustments and improvements by the time the GP comes around. It's also volatile right now as the judges figure out what they are doing with the newer GOE system. Evgenia and her team are playing a long game.

frida80

Record Breaker
Whaaaat?! Can they do that?! That's so unfair to the ladies, pairs and dancers. :( Not cool Skate Canada, not cool.

They wanted to maximize ice time. Men's is only show because a large portion of the audience came just to see him and won't fit in that room. It's sad since I'd love to see Mae's face when she got her medal.

rachno2

Record Breaker
I'm not sure, but it's great to see women of colour getting into the highest ranks of skating :) It seems it been a while.

I also really love how Starr owns and takes pride in her blackness, between the Whitney Houston program last year, the Ella Fitzgerald short program here, her costume, and her natural curls. She could potentially bring in a whole new audience to figure skating by being her authentic self

SXTN

Final Flight
69 PCS and 65 TES for Evgenia. FINALLY JUSTICE.

That program is so empty. No emotion, no presentation, just nothing. She has lost all of her spark under Orser.

Eteri knew at least how to create interesting programs.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
I also really love how Starr owns and takes pride in her blackness. She could potentially bring in a whole new audience to figure skating by being her authentic self

I love it too.

Mae Bernice too.

I'm delighted that both ladies bring a new style and perspective to figure skating.

katymay

Medalist
So Bradie pretty much won it in the GOEs from both skates? :think:

Just glancing at protocols, I would say she closed the gap here. PCS scores are very close, except for one judge. Her spins are outstanding, jumps good, and I think Bradie just needs to punch the choreography a bit better in parts. At the end of the program she tends to lean forward, but I'm sure her coaching staff will work on that. Has Bradie always had the same coaches? If so, that is impressive these days.

ancientpeas

The Notorious SEW
Record Breaker
The big story this year (especially without Kaetlyn) will be Alina vs Evgenia. I don't see anything changing that.

I do not have a horse in this race and I don't think Medvedeva's fans should be worried. She has been through so many changes that I would expect Alina to be ahead at this point. Alina with the same coach and the same surroundings should be ahead of Evgenia at this point. Otherwise I'd say that there is more wrong with Alina than Evgenia. Try to give Evgenia time. She's not a robot. She seems happy and she seems healthy .

And look at this way: This isn't like with Kaetlyn, If Kaetlyn ceased to be competitive we knew that we really didn't have a back up plan. It was Kaetlyn or bust (sorry Gabby fans) but the Russian cup is literally overflowing with great lady skaters (probably too many because not all of them can get on the world stage). I have no doubt in my mind that in 2022 the Russians will be favoured to sweep the woman's podium. Everyone just needs to relax a little and let Evgenia find her way.

:eek:topic: Got the dog to eat

TripleAxelQueens3

sasha trusova is superior
Final Flight
I know right????

Why would BOrser let Zhenya do one of those?

I think it should’ve been level 2

katymay

Medalist
69 PCS and 65 TES for Evgenia. FINALLY JUSTICE.

That program is so empty. No emotion, no presentation, just nothing. She has lost all of her spark under Orser.

Eteri knew at least how to create interesting programs.

I'm not crazy about this program, seems a bit lifeless or something. I'm tired of tangos for one thing. The only program that had the wow factor for me was Starr's program.