2018 Four Continents Mens FS | Page 55 | Golden Skate

2018 Four Continents Mens FS

bixby

Final Flight
Happy for the US men; Jason, Max and Grant! All three delivered tonight with satisfying performances. PROUD!

MaiKatze

Record Breaker
To me, Boyang is not like "coming back", he has always been there.

He's a late season skater, that's why he's written off, shortly before he's peaking. And then the season is over and the cycle repeats.

Crossover

All Hail the Queen
Record Breaker
One more thing, I really hope that the men's event at Pyeongchang is as good as this competition without any splatfest! Wish all skaters here stay healthy and skaters with injuries come back strong!

What an amazing event it was. :agree:

Tahuu

On the Ice
Depending on Yuzuru's condition, we could see a surprise of Nathan, Boyang and Shoma on the Olympic podiums. A new generation.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Dear Euros men,

You should watch us on how to do a continental competition. You may have tradition, but we SLAAAAAAY.

Love,
Your friends from 4CC

yume

🍉
Record Breaker
Chineses boys know how to dress and have a good hairstyle. Shoma should go to them for advice.

Kutien

Final Flight
1Boyang JIN CHN300.9521video
2Shoma UNO JPN297.9412video
3Jason BROWN USA269.2243video
4Keiji TANAKA JPN260.3135video
5Max AARON USA255.4564video
6Misha GE UZB248.9687video
7Kevin REYNOLDS CAN241.50136video
8Elladj BALDE CAN238.20128video
9Nam NGUYEN CAN237.52710video
10Han YAN CHN227.93512video
11Grant HOCHSTEIN USA226.39159video
12Takahito MURA JPN225.411011video
13Brendan KERRY AUS219.95914video
14June Hyoung LEE KOR211.861613video
15Denis TEN KAZ210.821115video
16Julian Zhi Jie YEEMAS197.681716video
17Chih-I TSAOTPE195.211419video
18Donovan CARRILLOMEX185.912217video
19He ZHANG CHN184.821920video
20Geon Hyeong AN KOR180.262318video
21Andrew DODDS AUS177.811823video
22Sihyeong LEE KOR177.072022video
23Abzal RAKIMGALIEV KAZ175.582121video
24Leslie Man Cheuk IPHKG150.232424video
Interview with winner and Victory Ceremony

KwanIsALegend

Fly On
Medalist
The way Boyang Jin could do those quads so smoothly, they are just so light. Then to add sections where he was whimsical and fun.
The future of skating is here. These top quadmasters are amazing.

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
Yuzu/Nathan/Boyangman OG podium!

Though it's boring that Nathan doesn't have a nickname.

Quad King is stupid and contested.

- He's the only man who has landed every quad (save for the axel) in competition - and done these various types of quads multiple times.
- His short program has the two hardest quads, 4Z and 4F.
- He's the only skater to have landed 5 quads in a competitive long program -- having done so 3 times, at that.
- The only one to have cleanly landed 4 types of quads in a long program.
- His long program currently has 5 quad attempts, and could have 6 quad attempts like at Worlds last year.
- If he really wanted to, he could theoretically do a 7 quad program because he's the only one with every quad in his arsenal at the moment.

If anything, it's kinda silly to suggest the Quad King right now is anyone other than Nathan Chen (I'm not even American, and have no problem acknowledging that). :bow:

sublimeskating

Crouching Dreamer, Hidden Badass
On the Ice
HUGE congrats to boyang for the wonderful performance and result!!! :yahoo:

LOVE the new costume! :luv17:

he skated the FS so much better today than all his previous times, i'm so happy for him! :love:

da96103

Record Breaker
Depending on Yuzuru's condition, we could see a surprise of Nathan, Boyang and Shoma on the Olympic podiums. A new generation.

I was thinking about this the other day when Yuzu still hasn't appeared with any news so near the Olympics.

kimi492

Final Flight
- He's the only man who has landed every quad (save for the axel) in competition - and done these various types of quads multiple times.
- He's the only skater to have landed 5 quads in a competitive long program -- having done so 3 times, at that.
- His long program currently has 5 quad attempts, and could have 6 quad attempts like at Worlds last year.
- If he really wanted to, he could theoretically do a 7 quad program because he's the only one with every quad in his arsenal at the moment.

If anything, it's kinda silly to suggest the Quad King right now is anyone other than Nathan Chen (I'm not even American, and have no problem acknowledging that). :bow:
^ This!!
You said it all lol

"Contested" was kind of supposed to be tongue-in-cheek, with what we just saw out of Boyang. :p (Which is why I made the text smaller.) Also, I prefer Boyang's quality of quads. Better landings.

It is a stupid nickname, though.

Skatefan15

On the Ice
I told myself to take a small nap during the ice resurfacing but I just woke up nooooo:( But I'm so happy that Max did well! It's good to see him smile and have his confidence again, he needed it after what had happened at nationals❤️ He'll always be one of my favorites😊

da96103

Record Breaker
It may well be the new generation next season, as Javi and Patrick are retiring after the games/worlds.

Javi still has a fight or two in him but with Nathan (five quads and one 3A) and Boyang (4 quads and two 3A) showcasing their tough as nails quads (Shoma better catch up, your 4flip and 4loop are flippy and loopy), it's gonna be hard.