2018 Four Continents Mens SP | Page 41 | Golden Skate

2018 Four Continents Mens SP

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I know right? It’s such a shame. :( That man has artistry that the majority cannot replicate, regardless of their superior technical arsenal with multiple quads.

So many of the men I love in this same category... just not rewarded enough:noshake:

although Elladj is tied with Sean Rabbitt of the US for "Shameless Flirting" award, and those are very high standards indeed:biggrin:

ETA: and I missed the big news too! Congrats. Baldedaughter has a nice ring to it:laugh: But only with the acute accent ;)

synteis

Medalist
I know right? It’s such a shame. :( That man has artistry that the majority cannot replicate, regardless of their superior technical arsenal with multiple quads.

Congrats from me too about the imminent addition to your family even if they are determined to disrupt your schedule all over again ^_^

On an on topic note, I was very pleased by how long Elladj held on to his #1 and that he's in the penultimate warmup group.

Boyang was soooo good! I just wish he had a little more speed during his StSq, but he'll work on it more, I'm sure!

sublimeskating

Crouching Dreamer, Hidden Badass
On the Ice
Well done, Boyang Spidey Man on that spectacular SP.

So much improved since Skate America. Even the music now has added drumbeats and he can perform according the accents.

The 'Wu Shu' (Chinese Martial arts) moves right at the beginning really sets the tone for the rest of the program. Love the Wu Shu fingers, hands and choreographic movements throughout. So much more expressive from Boyang. This is a real transformation and the SP now is looking very convincing. 5 months ago, it was lacking choreographic touches and conviction to the 'Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon' theme. After seeing it first time at Skate America, I was wanting Boyang to bring back Spiderman but he proves he can skate to solemn/moving music as well. This guy is full of surprises, just makes you love him more. What happened to the hair? all waxed up, like that too!

Should be ahead of Shoma by 1-2 points, should have scored 103. If Nathan Chen could score 103 with his SP and with slightly inferior jumps, this deserves better. Anyway will take the 100 points for now.

i love his new hairdo :luv17:

i agree with you! but i'm just happy that he finally got the 100+ that he's been working for so long

i'm so happy with his performance especially since he came back from injury

his SP this season is my favorite program from him so far so i'm just glad to be able to see a clean version of it

i hope he'll do more programs like this from now on - it suits him

here's hoping he'll do well in the FS too!

aaaaand if he performs in the gala we'll see spiderman again so it's a win-win for us all :agree:

kevinVchicago

Record Breaker
Boyang was soooo good! I just wish he had a little more speed during his StSq, but he'll work on it more, I'm sure!
Yes, I was thinking the same! He was one of the only guys to get a Level 4 (I believe) on the step sequence though. Just shows how brilliantly focused he is. What a hard worker.

I never stop being impressed with his talent and his character. The look on his face when he saw his score tells so much about him. Yay Boyang-man! [emoji7]

sublimeskating

On the Ice
Yes, I was thinking the same! He was of the only guys to get a Level 4 (I believe) on the step sequence though. Just shows how brilliantly focused he is. What a hard worker.

I never stop being impressed with his talent and his character. The look on his face when he saw his score tells so much about him. Yay Boyang-man! [emoji7]

he's been working towards a 100+ SP for years now and now that he's done it, very understandable that he'd be so happy :)

that was one of the best stsq i've seen boyang skate so far - very deserving of the level 4 :agree:

i agree with both of you - if he skates it faster and sharper, it'd be even better :yes2:

here's hoping he'll skate the program even better at olympics! :cool14:

SarahSynchro

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Congrats from me too about the imminent addition to your family even if they are determined to disrupt your schedule all over again ^_^

On an on topic note, I was very pleased by how long Elladj held on to his #1 and that he's in the penultimate warmup group.

So many of the men I love in this same category... just not rewarded enough:noshake:

although Elladj is tied with Sean Rabbitt of the US for "Shameless Flirting" award, and those are very high standards indeed:biggrin:

ETA: and I missed the big news too! Congrats. Baldedaughter has a nice ring to it:laugh: But only with the acute accent ;)

Thanks, my friends. :ghug: She can be the official GoldenSkateDaughter for the first few years, until operation brainwash her to be a figure skater and skating fan kicks in - usually when she’s 3, give or take.. :biggrin:

Yes, I was thinking the same! He was of the only guys to get a Level 4 (I believe) on the step sequence though. Just shows how brilliantly focused he is. What a hard worker.

I actually thought he was slightly underscored in PCS (though then Shoma might be too). I would have gone a point higher.

yude

Record Breaker
I finished watching Japanese broadcast of SP. For someone wondering (like me) about Shoma's level 2 stsq, Takeshi Honda said he thought Shoma had all turns but he looked like he was too fast to go back to two foot on the ice. (I hope my grammar makes sense.)

xeyra

Constant state
Record Breaker
Thanks, my friends. :ghug: She can be the official GoldenSkateDaughter for the first few years, until operation brainwash her to be a figure skater and skating fan kicks in - usually when she’s 3, give or take.. :biggrin:

Careful not to let her be too influenced by the black sheep. I don't think your heart would survive two traitors in the family. :laugh:

sublimeskating

On the Ice
I actually thought he was slightly underscored in PCS (though then Shoma might be too). I would have gone a point higher.

i think the scoring in this event was tighter than usual, although it's not necessarily a bad thing to be strict (if they apply the same strict standards everywhere)

i would've scored boyang higher but then again i'm not a judge so i'll just take the 100+ because it's still a good score (especially for boyang since it's his PB so far for SP)

Tavi...

Record Breaker

Loved Boyang! But re stsq: Sihyeong Lee, Julian Yee, June Hyoung Lee, and Jason Brown also earned Level 4. That’s a surprisingly low number out of 30 guys though.

kevinVchicago

Record Breaker
Loved Boyang! But re stsq: Sihyeong Lee, Julian Yee, June Hyoung Lee, and Jason Brown also earned Level 4. That’s a surprisingly low number out of 30 guys though.
Thanks, I didn't check but I remember people posting that it was quite a low number :)

da96103

Record Breaker
Wouldn't it be great if they would be stricter with PCS marking as they would with the StSq.

chairmanmao

Final Flight
Boyang should lead. Uno's crossovers, two footed skating and poor jumps are an eyesore. Gutted for Denis. His PCS are really getting hammered now.