2018 Four Continents Pairs FS | Page 17 | Golden Skate

2018 Four Continents Pairs FS

rain

Record Breaker
Ouch, worse than I thought. I/M finished 4th! Not too bad considering they had an entire element invalidated.

Seren

Wakabond Forever
Record Breaker
Ouch.

I hope they take this disappointment and use it as fuel going forward. If your going to make silly errors- get them out of the way now.

ancientpeas

The Notorious SEW
Record Breaker
Great showing for the American Pairs.

Is this the first medal for north korea?

beki

Medalist
They have to get those painful learning experiences somehow... missing the podium is a blow.

auser

Record Breaker
The ISU stream has died on me, noooooo!

Please tell me they're going well?!

It came back, phew...now stay on!
Have you tried clicking on the HD icon to alter the bandwidth? I have to do this with the ISU stream from time to time. It might not look as sharp, but seems to help with the buffering :). Kudos to ISU for that score box with the GOEs per element. Now I don't have to come on here to bug GSers, if that was a full hand down on an element. I can tell by the score.

anonymoose_au

Insert weird opinion here
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Sixth?! So cruel!!! Figure skating scoring is such an enigma...like one person can fall twice and still get a good score, someone else can mess up one element and they go all the way down the scoreboard.

But Ryom/Kim got bronze! That's very impressive and a massive congrats to them! :D

aname

On the Ice
OTOH, I think Deanna & Nate did deserve to be ahead of Katia & Harley today, so...

It's a learning experience. Better luck at the Olympics!

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
I can't believe they got dumped below I/M who were an absolute disaster the entire event. That's so freaking unfair.

Art&Sport

Medalist
Wow, that's too bad for Harley and Katia! I thought they would at least be on the podium or maybe drop to 4th or so. But I guess with no points for that aborted lift and they aren't really the strongest artistically is what bit them. So sad, they were even in a position to win or at least get 2nd or 3rd. They seem so disappointed, but they should hold their heads up and keep going. Their time will come. They will get better and better.

What a coup for Danny and Tarah though. Each pair had small mistakes. But cool for the Americans, especially for Tarah and Danny going into Worlds. Great for their resume. They really have the best choreographed program here, and at Nationals too. And Ashley and Timothy fought hard to stay on an even keel with the pressure of going into the fp in first place! One, two for the Americans and very good on the sbs jumps too. Keep going U.S. pairs!

NanaPat

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
As a big fan of Lubov/Dylan, I can't believe they're ahead of the Australians. Dylan looked like the skating dead.

I'm so sorry if I jinxed them.

TontoK

Hot Tonto
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
They have to get those painful learning experiences somehow... missing the podium is a blow.

This can be a learning experience from which they grow, or a lost opportunity that scars them. That's up to them, but I think it will be the former.

I really please for Cain/LeDuc. I've been rooting for them, and this was a solid (not perfect) performance - definitely something to grow on. A large medal and two small medals. Confidence boosting!