2018 Four Continents Pairs FS | Page 15 | Golden Skate

2018 Four Continents Pairs FS

NanaPat

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
This flight much better than first two, but they've left room for Katya and Harley.

Crossover

All Hail the Queen
Record Breaker
When a tall pair team delivers well just like Cain/LeDuc did, their commanding presence is a big plus impression-wise. Well done.

skatemouse

On the Ice
Cain-Leduc: I despise their music, especially the opening, and the cuts are tonally weird - I viscerally can't stand it. Also, their choreo is too *obvious* for me and lacks any kind of nuance or ambiguity. But it was electric and performed quite well, even if a bit hesitant in parts. They looked to be in their best form I think.

I think they should be in first. Not a fan of their skating at all really. That said what is right is right. This is a second tier competition and the lower pairs had a chance to step it up. I think C/L did that. I am surprised.

anonymoose_au

Insert weird opinion here
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Oooo second place!

OMG...Katia and Harley! Last to go! Come on guys I know you can do it!

Harley's pink shirt +3.00 GOE

anonymoose_au

Insert weird opinion here
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
The ISU stream has died on me, noooooo!

Please tell me they're going well?!

It came back, phew...now stay on!

Tastetherainbow

Medalist
Yikes... they're gonna land outside the podium with that aborted lift...

I never really understood that lift where the girl puts her foot over her partner's head and in front... it always looks like the girl is struggling and might kick her partner's head with her toepick or something (did Katia do that to Harley?). Even when Stolbova does it, it is still ungainly.

Seren

Wakabond Forever
Record Breaker
Too bad about the lift- but I would much rather they bail on it than try to force it when it wasn't going to be safe.

Besides the 2 major errors- there is a lot to like about their skating.