2018 Four Continents Pairs FS | Page 2 | Golden Skate

2018 Four Continents Pairs FS

GGFan

Record Breaker
Can anyone fill me in on Ruest/Wolfe's story? I like their packaging but they seem to lack a bit of confidence and consistency.

Ready on the NA west coast with Thai takeout!

I personally know next to nothing. I'm just obsessed with their look, his back and lines, etc. Hopefully Skate Canada will invest in them next quad.

schizoanalyst

Medalist
I've been too busy with school to watch most of the pairs this season outside of the top podium contenders so this should be interesting =)

Princessroja

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Urgh, I'll be in and out. I'm loopy tired and have a ton of files due tomorrow morning so it's a long work night for me.

anonymoose_au

Insert weird opinion here
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Huh is anyone else's ISU stream acting weird? Mine keeps skipping around!

SarahSynchro

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
I think they only paired up a couple of seasons ago? Hell, I’m Canadian and I don’t even know much.

jillredhand

Record Breaker
Well, they didn't hit (any?) of the jumps, but I quite like the look of them. Great costuming. I'll watch out for these guys in the future.

beki

Medalist
I'm glad they didn't attempt a triple twist if they don't have it yet. I've seen too many scary ones.

schizoanalyst

Medalist
Messy but I thought Ruest-Wolfe's had some very nice spin positions and while a bit stiff I feel like there is potential to be rather musical.

StormyCloudss

On the Ice
I think they only paired up a couple of seasons ago? Hell, I’m Canadian and I don’t even know much.

I know he used to skate with Natasha Purich, but that's it.

They're gorgeous, but I really question their ability to up their technical content to be really competitive internationally :(

GGFan

Record Breaker
Ok so we need to 1. get them a triple twist and 2. send them to better choreographers.:biggrin:

Despite that I see the potential. Love his back and posture in all of the moves including the throws. Hoping they continue to grow :hap10:

notunprepared

On the Ice
Huh is anyone else's ISU stream acting weird? Mine keeps skipping around!

Mine too, and I had problems with buffering yesterday. I ended up swapping back and forth from the youtube stream. Which currently there is not one - maybe it'll arrive during the later groups. I might set up the QQ as a backup for if/when the isu fails completely.

NanaPat

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Cmille's mother was one of David Pelletier's coaches when she was pregnant with Camille. That's all I know about them! Oh, and he used to be an ice dancer and also once skated pairs with Natasha Purich, who skated for one year with Mervyn Tran.

anonymoose_au

Insert weird opinion here
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Mine too, and I had problems with buffering yesterday. I ended up swapping back and forth from the youtube stream. Which currently there is not one - maybe it'll arrive during the later groups. I might set up the QQ as a backup for if/when the isu fails completely.

Ah I did the same yesterday too (except for the QQ one, I can never get that to work on my laptop) but it seems to be doing OK now :)

As an Aussie I like this Canadian pairs girl's name ;)

SarahSynchro

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Cmille's mother was one of David Pelletier's coaches when she was pregnant with Camille. That's all I know about them! Oh, and he used to be an ice dancer and also once skated pairs with Natasha Purich, who skated for one year with Mervyn Tran.

Sir Pelletier! Mmmm, I wonder what’s in the fridge tonight. :laugh2: I’m not hungry at the moment, but his ghost usually selects a good time. :rofl: