2018 Four Continents Pairs FS | Page 3 | Golden Skate

2018 Four Continents Pairs FS

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I’m loving all this blue :love:

I was a little worried Maxine was about to skate right into Sydney when she fell on the Salchows...phew!! :shocked:

penniavaswen

On the Ice
Country
United-States
Ah I did the same yesterday too (except for the QQ one, I can never get that to work on my laptop) but it seems to be doing OK now :)

As an Aussie I like this Canadian pairs girl's name ;)

Jealous that you get the ISU stream - IN looks like a potato at what must be 480p :/ It was okay for some of the other events and I know it's not me.

anonymoose_au

Insert weird opinion here
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Cmille's mother was one of David Pelletier's coaches when she was pregnant with Camille. That's all I know about them! Oh, and he used to be an ice dancer and also once skated pairs with Natasha Purich, who skated for one year with Mervyn Tran.

Well gee that makes a person feel old! I remember watching Sale and Pelletier at Salt Lake City (not in person, but you know what I mean) now the kids born after that time are in competiton!

Where's my cane.

GGFan

Record Breaker
The requirements in pairs these days are such that I don't even get mad when they don't sell the program. I get it :laugh:

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Sydney KOLODZIEJ/MaximeDESCHAMPS (CAN)
Maddening
her in bright blue dress with lots of sparkles, him in white shirt/black pants

3Tw
SBS 3S, she did 3S<< fall
reverse upsy, a bit clunky on entrance, get it done
Th3Lo
CoSp
2A+SEQ+2A she did 2A< fall on the second jump - did she hit her head?
Th2S
upsy, nice
SBS FCCoSp
BODS awkward exit
ChSq
upsy with him in spreadeagle

nice job!

beki

Medalist
Nice, high first throw was the highlight of the program. Did she pop the second one? Eek on the lift positions

rain

Record Breaker
Ouch, that was a really hard fall on the double axel, she landed right on her back. Looked like she was maybe in pain for the rest of the program. Brutal on the death spiral.

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I’m just glad she’s safe...I was worried during that last lift he was gonna drop her. That wracked my nerves...who needs coffee...my heart is racing.

schizoanalyst

Medalist
Kolodziej-Deschamps:

The technical elements started out decent enough, if a bit tentatively, but fell apart towards the end with some really sloppy mistakes. Her held edge out on the throw jumps is rather nice though! But I felt very little connection to the music, their motions often didn't highlight the music (unclear if they were ahead or behind the music) and the choreo felt rather generic and basic. Honestly, that music doesn't help either. It's another serviceable movie soundtrack that doesn't highlight much of anything good about the skaters. Overall nice technical capability but they need someone to give them some pop.

Princessroja

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Oh man, what a scary fall on that axel. She seems to be okay but no wonder the program unraveled after that. It speaks well of their future that despite two falls AND a doubled throw AND a botched death spiral that they were still ahead of Ruest/Wolfe's tech score. I hope she's okay though. Man oh man.

edit: nope, lost a few tech points, but still.

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Pretty sure the coach just asked if she hit her head and she indicated yes, but no-one seems actually concerned...?

anonymoose_au

Insert weird opinion here
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Fortunately she didn't hit her head, but damn I'd have been so scared after that, props to Sydney for staying cool!

Figure skaters: Way braver than everyone LOL

SarahSynchro

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
I hate the stupid song they’re playing in the background right now. Ugh.

Remember at 4CCs last year I believe when the broadcaster put on the same instrumental piece at every break between programs? That got to be annoying too.