2018 Four Continents Pairs FS | Page 6 | Golden Skate

2018 Four Continents Pairs FS

waterblades

On the Ice
She does? Dang, obviously I need to get my eyes checked.

And it is a lovely dress! But why no Olympics? I haven't been keeping up with Canadian pairs, do they only have one spot? Or did Liubov and Dylan have a bad Nationals?
Dylan apparently had a glass door fall on him in December and have a concussion and couldn't train properly for nationals. Heartbroken for them.

blue_idealist

Record Breaker
I'm curious as to why they weren't sent. Jr Worlds isn't for a while. They probably wanted to spread the wealth since this isn't a particularly important 4CC, but it made them less competitive here by sending 6th and 7th from Nationals.

I thought someone said they didn't have the minimum scores back in a nationals thread, but I could be wrong.

rain

Record Breaker
They had some good elements, but also some messy ones. And that was devoid of personality.

anonymoose_au

Insert weird opinion here
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Dylan apparently had a glass door fall on him in December and have a concussion and couldn't train properly for nationals. Heartbroken for them.

Oh man that's awful! Poor Dylan! I'm glad he's recovered and fingers crossed for a great FP here!

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
*is beating her computer and internet into submission*

schizoanalyst

Medalist
Suzaki-Kihara: Technically messy obviously. This team very much needs to work on synchronization. I mean, the SBS opening lutz jumps weren't even close to sychronized in the set-up! The lifts were nice - particularly her extension. Nice moments of expressiveness but they didn't hold it throughout the program. This was a poor music choice for them though, it kept building to a crescendo but they weren't able to build the program. They don't have the speed or the defined bodily motions to bring the dramatic finale the music called for. That said, it was still nice to watch and again I liked their lifts.

beki

Medalist
Maybe a little too ambitious. But if they solidify what they already have, it's quite decent. First security, then personality!

gold12345

Medalist

Wow this is soon to be coming back from a concussion. Especially with 2 competitions in less than 2 weeks.

SarahSynchro

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Well, it only took me 20 minutes to feel hungry from the post a few pages back where I said I wasn’t hungry yet. :laugh: so I went to the fridge, and there’s literally not a damn thing in this house to eat. Ugh. Can anyone deliver a pizza to the Niagara peninsula of Canada within the next twenty minutes? :rofl:

Mango

Royal Chinet 👑🍽️
Record Breaker
I'm curious as to why they weren't sent. Jr Worlds isn't for a while. They probably wanted to spread the wealth since this isn't a particularly important 4CC, but it made them less competitive here by sending 6th and 7th from Nationals.

They weren't given any senior international assignments. The ISU no longer permits the usage of junior event scores to satisfy senior TES requirements.

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I was afraid they might wear those gloves during the performance.