2018 Golden Spin of Zagreb Rhythm Dance | Page 2 | Golden Skate

2018 Golden Spin of Zagreb Rhythm Dance

Ravyn Rant

Totally 80s Dance Party!
Medalist
This isn't good. The season is still young and I'm already sick of tangos.

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
Yanovskaya/Lukacs - somehow I did not get much of Tango vibes from that RD...More like a fusion dance with Tango Romantica rhythm/pattern thrown into it. Cautious on the pattern (seems like a common trait...), I think that she tries her best in terms of performance and carriage, he is not that good in my opinion. Still - I command her for finding partnership to continue competing:). 64,32 pts (3 out of 9)

Last edited:

La Rhumba

Supporting All British Skaters!
Medalist
Country
United-Kingdom
The Start Order is still showing Mina Zdravkova & Chris Davis of Bulgaria but they've withdrawn as she needs to allow her fractured wrist to heal.

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
Ichilov/Davidovich - I have strong Loboda/Drozd seizure memories about Chicago FD they did last season:slink:

ETA - I got called to one of my teammates, missed performance, scored 57,10 pts (7 out of 10)

Last edited:

La Rhumba

Medalist
Country
United-Kingdom
I'm sure part of the reason why Dancers are struggling with the Patterns these days is because the music doesn't always match the steps! Particularly noticeable in a Tango, and the Argentine at JGPF this morning, I missed the driving rhtymical music of the old ISU tapes on the staccato footwork part.

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
A beauty in motion. Period. Pity that they ditched high/low first twizzles set, but that was expected after how this element was scored. Their timing, how movement and body shapes/partnering inside the pattern and the music/rhythm in general is just sublime; I love this interpretation that rather appreciate aesthetic, making it their own than just appropriating music/style to their own way of movement. And the silent passion hidden in holds, looks, gestures...:love:

score - 79,80 pts (1 out of 11)

Last edited:

LadyB

Record Breaker
I think I could watch P2 forever and ever. It just gives me a great feeling of happiness. The feelgood dancers. :luv17:

La Rhumba

Medalist
Country
United-Kingdom
P2 saved this competition! 79.80 and loved the trance hand dancing in the K&C including Juris! :laugh:

Heleng

Medalist
Country
United-States
I just love the chemistry between Piper and Paul in the RD. They command my attention the whole way through, there’s not a single dull moment in that dance. It’s my absolute favorite RD of the season.

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
I just love the chemistry between Piper and Paul in the RD. They command my attention the whole way through, there’s not a single dull moment in that dance. It’s my absolute favorite RD of the season.

In the most non-obvious, intricate way. There is nothing 'in-your-face' about that dance yet it catches your eye and makes you on the edge of your seat from that building tension along the music. And they understand the music, aesthetic, differentiation between slow&steady and quick&sharp, how to intertwine both, transition effortlessly between them keeping vividness.

Lester

Piper and Paul are made of magic dust and unicorns
Final Flight
Sweet Croatian accent <3

Levels are looking better for Piper and Paul this time. I hope not because judges gave them a pass.
In conclusion, both them and Keegan should relax because nervy performances bury their TES.

moon

On the Ice
I havent always been a fan of G/P but I do appreciate their efforts to become more elegant and graceful. Paul has definitely improved but I still get the feeling from Piper that in her attempt to be graceful she is replacing it with a limp arm so to speak. She hasnt mastered the ability to have tension and extension in her movements while still being elegant.